Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    On other News is that there's a new Narnia Film in the making.
    Do you seriously compare the Anglosphere bestseller, Narnia, with a computer game, Warcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Do you seriously compare the Anglosphere bestseller, Narnia, with a computer game, Warcraft?
    No they are not. They are stating that another sequel is coming, despite the latest movie being a failure (as you keep saying)

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    They are stating that another sequel is coming, despite the latest movie being a failure
    Do you realize that Narnia is in order of magnitude more lucrative franchise than Warcraft?
    Do you realize that no one will care for Warcraft anything in 2021?

Do you realize that Narnia is in order of magnitude more lucrative franchise than Warcraft?
    Hearthstone alone is probably making more money than, well, any book out there.

Why the hell am I replying to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    For whom? o_O

As for books, it makes more profit to license the imaging rights for a bestsellers' new edition, than spend money on tie-in writing that will not likely sell.

Deleted
    Guys, please stop replying to this troll. Put him on ignore and he'll eventually stop posting. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    If only half of the people posting would asked this very same question to themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

For cheap entertainment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Those people are retarded, anyway. She's not an orc.

And Draka is definitely no beauty.
    Draka is more beautiful and strong than I could have imagined, she is no beauty pageant for sure but from an orc POV she is beautiful. She aint not human pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Harry Potter franchise is worth $15 billion. The books alone have netted Rowling over $1 billion, and the Deathly Hallows sold $15 million in the first 24 hours - it was selling 15 copies every second in the UK.

Hearthstone, in conjunction with HotS and Destiny, has netted Blizzard over $1 billion, but we have no idea how much it has made alone.

Apples to oranges, but books still sell to a very broad audience and make a significant amount of money when they're popular. Games like HS have ongoing sales components that continue to make them money over time, while books are more like a B2P structure.

Not to mention the Bible probably makes more money every year than is even fathomable, it's just not earned for a single publisher/author.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

What the actual fck is a Narnia?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    What the actual fck is a Narnia?
    Chronicles of Narnia, its a book series with 2/3rds the same following as LoTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Chronicles of Narnia, its a book series with 2/3rds the same following as LoTR.
    If it has even remotely half of the LoTR following i should of heard of it before no?
    Why is it even been compared to anything its 2 completely diffrent things..

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Yeah, knowing nothing of Narnia can be considered more a feat than a standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

LOL comparing Narnia to Warcraft. Warcraft makes more money in 1 year than the whole Narnia franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The most recent movie was released in 2010... maybe you've just had your head in the sand?
    As with Carroll's Alice, Narnia is virtually unknown outside of the English-speaking world.
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Warcraft makes more money in 1 year than the whole Narnia franchise.
    And? There are 10 times more people who heard of it, unlike Warcraft anything. No Warcraft book or movie can have the same appeal.

As with Carroll's Alice, Narnia is virtually unknown outside of the English-speaking world.
    And? There are 10 times more people who heard of it, unlike Warcraft anything. No Warcraft book or movie can have the same appeal.
    Yeah gonna have to call bullshit on this one.

People didn't know about Narnia when the first movie came out. It's been downhill since.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How would we know what you've been doing the last 50 years? Narnia has had been adapted to live action more than once with the fourth movie in the series on the horizon. The most recent movie was released in 2010... maybe you've just had your head in the sand?
    2010 ? That is 6 years ago.
    Even if i had heard something about it back then the fact that i can't remember a single thing about it speaks volumes about the quality of that franchise.
    My head is where it has always been on my shoulders just because i don't go to each trend and be excited lil girl like most of the world doesn't mean jack.

Again narnia who i mean after all the last thing was 2010 and if it was so good there should of been hype still about it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    after all the last thing was 2010 and if it was so good there should of been hype still about it right?
    Dates the latest volume was published in USA: 1970, 1976, 1982, 1987, 1994, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016. Downhill, my ass.

Dates the latest volume was published in USA: 1970, 1976, 1982, 1987, 1994, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016. Downhill, my ass.
    Publishing something doesn't mean it has great revenue .
    Next defender of the Narnia please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's time for a weekly reminder about USA not being the whole planet.

Also, I've heard about Narnia the first time from The Lonely Island remake of Lazy Sunday song several years ago.
    Still haven't watched any Narnia-related movies or read any books about it. Just not interested.