why yes it does...

blizz is ensuring that no more players will join by releasing the movie

unless they are planning on giving 3-6 months of free play to those that go watch that high school level cgi orgy they call a movie

The WoW forum users have invaded the Cinema / TV Shows / Music / Books forum, I suggest martial law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    why yes it does...

blizz is ensuring that no more players will join by releasing the movie

unless they are planning on giving 3-6 months of free play to those that go watch that high school level cgi orgy they call a movie
    Thats so stupid you must be a cgi Expert for sure
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

7+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to seeing this for sure - gonna be a long-ass wait though before it hits TV

Still I am sure this community will keep me up to date with its success/fail... onward!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    So your opinion is, if people don't want to ignore the visibly incorrect CGI and being told the wrong version of the warcraft origin story they are the thick ones? Got it.
    Go watch the 1960's Jason and the Argonaughts. Enjoy the story, fuck the effects.
    And yes, it's a film. It has been adapted. Just like the game has been adapted. Just like there are inconsistencies in the books. It is something that is not set in stone, and hasn't been set in stone for years. Shit changes. Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen such a bunch of spoiled people. Not only do you guys not understand CGI or the work involved to do a movie like this one, but you can't even see that the CGI present in Warcraft is top of the line.

Do you know the real, scientific explanation to this? You've never seen an orc. You've never seen outland. You guys are absolutely unable to go beyond that fact, so you're picking stupid details to bash. Sure the baby feel awkward, right? No, it's not. He's corrupted by fel energy and he's a baby orc. You've seen a baby orc before? Oh. I wouldn't listen to a self-appointed psychologist the same way you guys should realize you're spewing stupidity.

I've studied 3D for years and I work in the video game industry and I agree with the comments that claim that warcraft fans are the absolute worst at supporting their own game. It's almost as if bashing everything warcraft is the thing cool kids do.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

the movie will be good if youre already a fan.

i dont think its going to bring anyone new into the franchise though.

but...if theres one thing theres GREEN PAULA PATTON.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I don't get the Avatar hate, it has an incredible mythos and visuals, and the story is totally serviceable. Somehow the complaint that "it's too similar to Dancing with Wolves and Pocahontas" spread across the world like cubes in a Pandemic game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    And considering how so many people on these forums are already raging about the CGI of the Warcarft movie, I'd say the level of detail would have to be that of the cinematics and no less, if they were to do an entire feature length film of only CGI.
    The problem with the movie's CGI is that it looks physically wrong - shadows are fucked up, weird lighting ... etc.

With animation, people know it's CGI, they know it's an animation, you can get away with a lot more.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I don't get the Avatar hate, it has an incredible mythos and visuals, and the story is totally serviceable. Somehow the complaint that "it's too similar to Dancing with Wolves and Pocahontas" spread across the world like cubes in a Pandemic game.
    It has the highest box office ever at 2.7 billion aswell (everyone was using TFA box office as a way to defend the film, so why not Avatar). I loved the movie. CGI was top and I see Warcraft as being comparable from trailers.

Deleted
    Don't post a image/meme with no other content.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2016-01-25 at 06:46 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The Hobbit has cringeworthy effects, not helped by a bloated story, not helped by HFR and not helped by 3D. Some of that stuff screamed studio and looked like a reality soap. And yet the three parts raked in almost 3 billion dollars.

People do see over a lot of stuff if they love the franchise or the world. I just wonder if Peter Jackson got such an amout of hate for his second trilogy or if he was untouchable because LotR was so great?
    It's LotR. The books are critically acclaim. The LotR trilogy was very very well received.

This is WoW. The story is fan fiction level bad. No none outside of Blizzard fanboys give a shit about Warcraft.

The Final Fantasy name at it's peak couldn't save Spirits Within. You think WoW, a game in it's decline phrase of it's life cycle, can push the movie?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    I know right what a cuck.

OP: Quit spergin' out all babies look retarded especially an orc one. How bout you concentrate on the story which isn't given away at all in the trailer or tv spot, instead of judging a movie based on short clips.

Deleted
    Much like youtube comments, mmo champion forums are starting to become cancer. Just a bunch of people complaining about a game they dont play anymore so everything is bad about it. And sadly that seems to include this movie which both looks better than avatar and has way more of a plot than avatar. Also; egocentric americans thinking the world still revolves around them... US boxoffice results dont mean jack shit, china is where the big money is, if its successful there then we will get a sequel. This is why we wont get a sequel to the deadpool movie, it got banned in china. No more adult rated comic book movies.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    It has the highest box office ever at 2.7 billion aswell (everyone was using TFA box office as a way to defend the film, so why not Avatar). I loved the movie. CGI was top and I see Warcraft as being comparable from trailers.
    It also had James Cameron's name attached to it - you know the guy that made like billions with the Titanic and is responsible for Aliens and T2, the 2 best sequels ever made.

Even if it sucked, people will at least give it a look over in the theatre. It's James Cameron, man.

Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time and praised for its CGI and visuals. That said...

Last edited by tangocash; 2016-01-25 at 12:45 PM. Reason: CGI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    I don't hate the CGI. I hate that from the trailer and TV spot it doesn't sound correct lore-wise.
    "Enemies will unite" this MUSTN'T be the main topic of the more since they are making it during the first war. Don't throw me bullshit that Lothar and Durotan will be friends 'cause they weren't lorewise.
    I'm a massive orc fan btw.
    It won't follow the lore 100%, it's an adoption they've said it many times.
    That's why Dalaran is flying already.

Lothar and Durotan probably won't be 'friends' for long either. When Lothar will find out that Garona murdered his childhood friend, i expect his rage mode to be activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Why couldn't they create them now?
    What if's vs established lore. I'll show you some pictures of Dalaran that already exist, created by Blizzard showing it as it actually is.

You'll notice how they look almost identical, they match the in game version in style and the old lore understanding of the city being on the ground. Thats called consistency. You can hurl what ifs all you want, it doesn't change anything. They did it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    Go watch the 1960's Jason and the Argonaughts. Enjoy the story, fuck the effects.
    And yes, it's a film. It has been adapted. Just like the game has been adapted. Just like there are inconsistencies in the books. It is something that is not set in stone, and hasn't been set in stone for years. Shit changes. Get over it.
    Go watch the 2015 Fantastic 4. Enjoy the story, fuck the effects. And yes, it's a film. It has been adapted. It is something that is not set in stone, and hasn't been set in stone. Shit changes. Get over it. Did it make for a good movie because it strayed from the established story? Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The Hobbit has cringeworthy effects, not helped by a bloated story, not helped by HFR and not helped by 3D. Some of that stuff screamed studio and looked like a reality soap. And yet the three parts raked in almost 3 billion dollars.

People do see over a lot of stuff if they love the franchise or the world. I just wonder if Peter Jackson got such an amout of hate for his second trilogy or if he was untouchable because LotR was so great?
    I personally didn't give the Hobbit a free pass because of LotR, I didn't even give LotR a free pass. Peter Jackson rewrote Faramir's character in LotR, added characters to the Hobbit that didn't exist, added Ironforge Chargers to the lonely mountain battle sequence that made me think I had slipped into a WoW moment as they ran stupidly up the side of the mountain and many others. He had an established story to work with that has been well received for years and arrogantly thought he had a right to change the story to suit himself.
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2016-01-25 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    It won't follow the lore 100%, it's an adoption they've said it many times.
    That's why Dalaran is flying already.

Lothar and Durotan probably won't be 'friends' for long either. When Lothar will find out that Garona murdered his childhood friend, i expect his rage mode to be activated.
    This. Durotan and Lothar aren't going to be best buds, the trailer did a good job of not spoiling the twists and turns that most trailers do nowadays.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew neckbeards and sperglords would be in tears about Dalaran floating. Geez Luise.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Blizzard has already said - numerous times - that the movie wouldn't follow the lore 100%.
    They are using this as advertisement for Legion, it comes out not long after the movie if not right along side it to draw people in. Thats fine, its marketing and its probably the only reason they delay it because they don't want a heap of new people coming on board when everyone is getting really tired of being dicked around with no content. Come when everything is fresh and exciting. All good.

What they are actually doing is telling everyone, either new or old, that this is now the story. I can say that because I have some foresight and I have seen people do it time and again with the books. They think the books and now this movie trump everything else because they can see it happen. The game is old and all the people they hope to draw in are unlikely to have been around to play the original series. It wasn't necessary for them to rewrite the lore, they are so determined to rewrite the history of the game to make the Orcs look like victims, they keep telling us they were tricked into it and this is just another example of that narrative with Durotan being the father of Jesus, doing the right thing like Jesus tries to do.

Anyone who has been playing from the beginning knows Orcs are blood thirsty beasts who accepted the blood pact willingly, they weren't tricked into drinking fruit juice. They were told they would be conquerors, thats what they wanted. This is just another expansion of Thralls backstory.