Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Azeraftw, look, the movie wont flop. The director's awesome, the cast is pretty nice, the story is original and awesome, the music is probably great, and everyone I've mentioned is convinced the movie is great. Critics will, at the very worst, not give the movie a bad rating, and at the very best, give the movie an awesome rating. Either way, people will hear that this movie is the first video game movie done in a correct manner. Even if the entire marketing team dropped dead right now and released no poster or trailer or whatnot from this point up until the release, the word will still spread (god, I'm making it sound as if this movie is Jesus 2.0) that it's a good movie and that anyone who watches it wont regret it. And they will go watch it because it's the prime time summer release.
    Sure enough. It may not flop, I'm just saying I don't understand the people who keep mentioning how it will kill in the Chinese box office. If it kills both in the west AND China, great! I'd love that. If it bombs in the west and kills in China... Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Azeraftw View Post
    Sure enough. It may not flop, I'm just saying I don't understand the people who keep mentioning how it will kill in the Chinese box office. If it kills both in the west AND China, great! I'd love that. If it bombs in the west and kills in China... Not so much.
    It's better than bombing everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's better than bombing everywhere.
    You're right, it is. But it could go either way at this point, really. It could do a Deadpool/DotPotA/Avatar and just kill it at the box office due to word of mouth if it's any good. That's what I'm hoping for, at least. And a second trailer, of course.

Deleted
    Honestly, the movie is gonna be good. I couldn't give a crap about whether it bombs in the West. I can watch it with friends and family and enjoy it, and China will carry it past whatever box office money it makes in the West and thus guarantee a sequel. Those two things are really all I carry about.
    My two cents.

P.S. Pacific Rim was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I... I just want it to be fun. But thumbs up for the dedication.
    Sure, same here. I just want to see Arthas on the big screen one day, and that requires not only for this movie to rock, but for the next two as well, so that the second trilogy has a good foundation to be built on (the recognition of the franchise).

I see a lot of comparisons with Pacific Rim... Sure, Pacific Rim was fun and, I believe, a financial success. However... Pacific Rim wasn't a good movie. :P It's brainless fun. Warcraft wont be brainless fun.

Deleted
    Warcraft wont be brainless fun.
    There's one thing we can agree on. While I can't say for sure the film will be good - I've never actually doubted the quality of the script/directing. I've had mixed feelings about certain pieces of footage, the CGI and even some acting - but I genuinely think Duncan Jones has made an amazing movie. He oozes passion and confidence in all of his interviews, and I've had this feeling that the movie will be surprisingly good since BlizzCon 2014.

Deleted
    Sure, same here. I just want to see Arthas on the big screen one day, and that requires not only for this movie to rock, but for the next two as well, so that the second trilogy has a good foundation to be built on (the recognition of the franchise).

I see a lot of comparisons with Pacific Rim... Sure, Pacific Rim was fun and, I believe, a financial success. However... Pacific Rim wasn't a good movie. :P It's brainless fun. Warcraft wont be brainless fun.
    A movie is a piece of entertainment. Just because Pacific Rim wasn't anything more than hugely entertaining, it doesn't mean that it wasn't a good movie.

Anyone seen the new trailer for TMNT 2? The CG looks like garbage compared to Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    Anyone seen the new trailer for TMNT 2? The CG looks like garbage compared to Warcraft.
    No, it doesn't look like garbage... You're doing the same thing as the Warcraft haters. TMNT2's CGI can look good too, you know? It doesn't detract from the quality of Warcraft's CGI.

The turtles look great, in my opinion. You're crazy if you think they look like garbage compared to the orcs. The orcs are better, but not by miles like you're trying to suggest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funnily enough TMNT comes out the week before WC, and I fully expect that movie to get some asses on some seats. Because...well...nostalgia and sequels. It's the year of sequels and comic book movies, it's an uphill battle, but at this point, I'm pretty much done with worrying about the box office, it can go either way due to a plathora of reasons (cough marketing cough), but I'm still expecting a cool movie and one that I'll be attending on opening weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    A movie is a piece of entertainment. Just because Pacific Rim wasn't anything more than hugely entertaining, it doesn't mean that it wasn't a good movie.
    Yeah, you're right. However, I think we're all aware there's this divide between movies that aim to be solely fun and movies that try to be a bit more (while they can still be equally fun). I just think Warcraft is of the second type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    So you'd rather the film flops in the west and makes bank in China than the opposite? Honestly, I don't know what the fuck you people are smoking at this point. Wouldn't be at all surprised if you actually physically cried if Duncan Jones added a major retcon in the film that didn't suit your taste.
    Gosh, that's relevant man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Well if TMNT released a new trailer today when it's coming out earlier than warcraft I'd say we're still on the reasonable side of trailer releases. So.. next week trailer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I genuinely think Duncan Jones has made an amazing movie. He oozes passion and confidence in all of his interviews, and I've had this feeling that the movie will be surprisingly good since BlizzCon 2014.
    Most importantly, he clearly has the right ideas on how a movie must be done to have actual substance and not just be a bunch of flashy action. His previous works are enough proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

So you'd rather the film flops in the west and makes bank in China than the opposite? Honestly, I don't know what the fuck you people are smoking at this point. Wouldn't be at all surprised if you actually physically cried if Duncan Jones added a major retcon in the film that didn't suit your taste.
    I'd rather it did well everywhere, but if China ends up being the main source of income, so be it. As for major retcons, I wouldn't like them for sure, but if I can survive GoT's retcons/changes, I'll be just fine with Warcraft's.

- - - Updated - - -

god, I'm making it sound as if this movie is Jesus 2.0
    You mean Thrall 2.0

Deleted
    And by the way, about this Eurogamer article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...l-life-azeroth

Do you not find it strange that these trolls haven't been mentioned anywhere else? Not by Duncan Jones, not by any of the actors, not on IMDb - literally nowhere else. I mean, if Eurogamer is doing an article and specifically saying there are trolls in the movie, then that information is clearly public and not under any NDAs. So, if there actually are trolls in the film, I'm very surprised that they haven't been mentioned.

Or... maybe there just aren't any trolls in it?
    Last edited by mmocd5bd762b40; 2016-04-12 at 12:09 AM.

And by the way, about this Eurogamer article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...l-life-azeroth

Do you not find it strange that these trolls haven't been mentioned anywhere else? Not by Duncan Jones, not by any of the actors, not on IMDb - literally nowhere else. I mean, if Eurogamer is doing an article and specifically saying there are trolls in the movie, then that information is clearly public and not under any NDAs. So, if there actually are trolls in the film, I'm very surprised that they haven't been mentioned.

Or... maybe there just aren't any trolls in it?
    I always took the trolls claim with a big grain of salt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    I always took the trolls claim with a big grain of salt.
    I've had a pretty interesting exchange with the guy who claims to have worked on the film - and while I'm not 100% certain he's legit, I choose to believe him. I'd love to share what he's told me but he wrote this: "Also, fyi... I mean - I'm fairly anonymous here, but don't repeat my /uname with any of this. It wouldn't be hard for someone who knew me to take a guess at who I was or what I did on the film. Thanks!"

He did, however, tell me that the CGI is still being worked on by one of the supervisors (my guess is Bill Westenhofer), and that he too was underwhelmed by how the CGI looked in the trailer compared to their own projectors.

Anyway, I just asked him if there actually are trolls in the film. If he's worked on the CGI, he should know.

Deleted
    I've had a pretty interesting exchange with the guy who claims to have worked on the film - and while I'm not 100% certain he's legit, I choose to believe him. I'd love to share what he's told me but he wrote this: "Also, fyi... I mean - I'm fairly anonymous here, but don't repeat my /uname with any of this. It wouldn't be hard for someone who knew me to take a guess at who I was or what I did on the film. Thanks!"

He did, however, tell me that the CGI is still being worked on by one of the supervisors (my guess is Bill Westenhofer), and that he too was underwhelmed by how the CGI looked in the trailer compared to their own projectors.

Anyway, I just asked him if there actually are trolls in the film. If he's worked on the CGI, he should know.
    Hey Paradokz. (kidding)

Deleted
    The guy who originally posted that is legit, and you should all stop pointing fingers and stop being so quick to call people trolls.

This is the original comment:

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...yawned/czb0crc

Look at his comment history - he repeatedly posts in VFX subs and claims to have worked on the Spider-Man films.

"Hey all, I work in VFX/Animation and I've always used company workstations but am doing a lot of personal projects recently so this will be my first home workstation."

https://www.reddit.com/user/urbanreason

I mean, there are literally hundreds of people working on these films. Some are actually real people and not trolls. To them, it's nothing special. It's their job.

- - - Updated - - -

The guy is 100% legit, and rumors of Legendary restricting the budget for this film have flourished for years now. Poor marketing is often a budget problem.

Lmao you are saying literally exactly the same as paradokz. New account huh?