Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PSNL1qE6VY
    Avatar's trailer. It feels epic, but please tell me the CGI is not off, or am I just seeing things?

Reminder: Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time and did better overseas than domestically.
    I don't know, it still looks good to me.
    Of course it's not as much detailed as some CGI of today, but there's no moment in which I say "oh, this looks really off".

Deleted
    Avatar's CGI is much less detailed than Warcraft's one.
    But Avatar's CGI's quality is consistent in every scene, and it has a PERFECT use of lighting, while with Warcraft we have some jaw-dropping CGI with great use of lighting and some other weird CGI mostly due to the weird lighting, more than the CGI itself.
    But again, I'm pretty sure in the theaters everything will look awesome.

One thing both Avatar and Warcraft do extremely well is the motion-capture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nope, I just recognize the uncanny valley issues warcraft currently has.
    "Had".

I agree there were issues formerly, but they seem largely gone at the moment, at least judging by Trailer D. And since ILM is still working overtime on the movie, it is rather safe to assume they will be gone completely by the release.

But of course, if you are actually invested in seeing the movie fail, you will not get over this. But in that case, it will be your problem, not of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus94 View Post
    Avatar's CGI is much less detailed than Warcraft's one.
    But Avatar's CGI's quality is consistent in every scene, and it has a PERFECT use of lighting, while with Warcraft we have some jaw-dropping CGI with great use of lighting and some other weird CGI mostly due to the weird lighting, more than the CGI itself.
    But again, I'm pretty sure in the theaters everything will look awesome.
    It's also harder to tell with such short scenes.

That's why I want them to release a full scene. I can't judge tone, style and quality from a bunch of one second long shots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's also harder to tell with such short scenes.

That's why I want them to release a full scene. I can't judge tone, style and quality from a bunch of one second long shots.
    You're right, but Avatar's trailer doesn't have long scenes neither, and still looks more consistent (in its inferiority)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but did we watch the same trailer D? Most of the issues I had with uncanny valley are still present.
    That "to save our people" shot of Durotan has been improved, but I agree it's still not perfect. I think the CGI has been improved a lot, while the lighting still is weird

Deleted
    Imo, Garona looks too much like someone that cosplays a female Orc at Blizzcon.

She looks like a human with green bodypaint and plastic teeth. Couldn't they have done something ... I dunno, something more with her to not look like that?

Deleted
    Sorry, but did we watch the same trailer D? Most of the issues I had with uncanny valley are still present.
    Eh, I would not say so. The VFX are still not perfect, that has nothing to do with uncanny valley, though. Most of the problems still present have to do with unfinished color correction and composition. Uncanny valley should bring you a discomfort. I have not felt any, nor any of my friends.

If you feel any discomfort watching Trailer D, chances are it is rather a personal problem. Perhaps you are too sensitive to the stylization of the movie? Yes, that is a thing. My wife can't watch any Pixar movies because they just do not sit well with her. However, I would not say these movies have any kind of uncanny valley present.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    Eh, I would not say so. The VFX are still not perfect, that has nothing to do with uncanny valley, though. Most of the problems still present have to do with unfinished color correction and composition. Uncanny valley should bring you a discomfort. I have not felt any, nor any of my friends.

If you feel any discomfort watching Trailer D, chances are it is rather a personal problem. Perhaps you are too sensitive to the stylization of the movie? Yes, that is a thing. My wife can't watch any Pixar movies because they just do not sit well with her. However, I would not say these movies have any kind of uncanny valley present.
    Yeah, he doesn't know what uncanny valley means. It definitely makes you feel all sorts of weird. For example, watching a very human-like robot, not CGI orcs.

But I have to agree with Angus94 - and I've said it before. Avatar's CGI is more consistent than Warcraft's, whereas Warcraft has higher peaks in terms of quality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azeraftw View Post
    Yeah, he doesn't know what uncanny valley means. It definitely makes you feel all sorts of weird. For example, watching a very human-like robot, not CGI orcs.

But I have to agree with Angus94 - and I've said it before. Avatar's CGI is more consistent than Warcraft's, whereas Warcraft has higher peaks in terms of quality.
    I do not disagree with that. However, the improvement seen in Trailer D, together with the statement that ILM still works overtime on Warcraft, holds me optimistic that by the release, the VFX will be at least "roughly" consistent, if not completely. I might be wrong, though, of course.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Russian book publisher gonna release WCM Prequel and Novelization. They published free 15 pages of both books.
    Proof on these 15 pages in Russian.
    http://cdn.eksmo.ru/v2/ASE0000000007...bl=3#features/
    Sheeeeeeet.
    -The beginning of the book is Khadgar playing with young boy Varian in the trone room of Stormwind. There are toy soldiers and orcs on the floor. Khadgar (thanks god) is old, but his voice sounds young (thanks god x2).
    -We go to the past. Young Medivh(!!!) is talking with Council of Six. Antonidas is here. They already know about the existance of the Fel Magic.
    Antonidas asks Medivh is he ready to learn everything he need to become the next lord of Karazhan. Medivh says he is ready. Antonidas tells hims: "Prove that".
    Then we see Medivh fighting ghostly dark creature with huge fangs.
    -Then we see Antonidas bringin Medivh to the water pool with living white flame burning inside it. That white flame was beautiful and bright. Antonidas tells Medivh that the time will come when Medivh's power and responsibility will become absolute.
    He pushed Medivh in that flame and it swallow his shoulders and put the seal on his skin. Since that moment he became the Guardian of Tirisfal.
    Prologue ends. First chapter is Durotan's chapter. Durotan is the son of Garad, son of Durkosh.

Well, i guess... sheeeeet.

15 pages of prequel will read later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Russian book publisher gonna release WCM Prequel and Novelization. They published free 15 pages of both books.
    Proof on these 15 pages in Russian.
    http://cdn.eksmo.ru/v2/ASE0000000007...bl=3#features/
    Sheeeeeeet.
    -The beginning of the book is Khadgar playing with young boy Varian in the trone room of Stormwind. There are toy soldiers and orcs on the floor. Khadgar (thanks god) is old, but his voice sounds young (thanks god x2).
    -We go to the past. Young Medivh(!!!) is talking with Council of Six. Antonidas is here. They already know about the existance of the Fel Magic.
    Antonidas asks Medivh is he ready to learn everything he need to become the next lord of Karazhan. Medivh says he is ready. Antonidas tells hims: "Prove that".
    Then we see Medivh fighting ghostly dark creature with huge fangs.
    -Then we see Antonidas bringin Medivh to the water pool with living white flame burning inside it. That white flame was beautiful and bright. Antonidas tells Medivh that the time will come when Medivh's power and responsibility will become absolute.
    He pushed Medivh in that flame and it swallow his shoulders and put the seal on his skin. Since that moment he became the Guardian of Tirisfal.
    Prologue ends. First chapter is Durotan's chapter. Durotan is the son of Garad, son of Durkosh.

Well, i guess... sheeeeet.

15 pages of prequel will read later.

Hello friends. Paradokz is back.

Do you remember when you called me a hater and a troll, and that everything I said was bullshit?

I will reiterate so that you may understand where your accusations went wrong.

I guess you all got served, and I was right. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Imo, Garona looks too much like someone that cosplays a female Orc at Blizzcon.

She looks like a human with green bodypaint and plastic teeth. Couldn't they have done something ... I dunno, something more with her to not look like that?
    Yeah because Garona soooo doesn't look like a human with green skin, small tusks and longer ears.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, yet that spoiler provider said the movie cut immediately to Durotan while in the book we have important scene with Medivh turning into Guardian of Tirisfal between opening and Durotan part.
    I guess your "friend" might really see the movie yet they didnt show audience large parts of it, such as Medivh's flashbacks and Stormwind burning.
    Or he simply read 15 pages of book earlier and build own fake spoiler based on that part. EZ.

Also lol how are exactly you summoned here so fast? Just like in few minutes. Did you stalk that thread silently waiting for someone posting that stuff?
    Last edited by Harbour; 2016-04-18 at 10:48 AM.

Great, @ Paradokx(too lazy to quote) but you got banned because you acted like a hothead degenerate insulting people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Yeah, yet that spoiler provider said the movie cut immediately to Durotan while in the book we have important scene with Medivh turning into Guardian of Tirisfal.
    I guess your "friend" might really see the movie yet they didnt show audience large parts of it, such as Medivh's flashbacks and Stormwind burning.

Also lol how are exactly you summoned here so fast? Did you stalk that thread silently waiting for someone posting that stuff?
    I'm here every day. Especially when I'm bored. I decided not to post until I was proven right, though. And I will be proven right again tomorrow when trailer #2 comes out and we get to witness scenes that they described when PMing me.

You all got served. I was right all along, and I knew it. I also said five times that they might have omitted a few things. But the bottom line is, I was right, and you were wrong.

Also - "Or he simply read 15 pages of book earlier and build own fake spoiler based on that part. EZ." - yeah, stay delusional. You know they've seen the film - accepting it is the next step, mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, @ Paradokx(too lazy to quote) but you got banned because you acted like a hothead degenerate insulting people.
    Ah, tangocash. You do nothing but insult people and shit-talk other films like TMNT and Avatar. Did Blizzard save your life or something?

I was right, though. And I enjoy gloating.

I'm a diehard fan of this film, and I too think that Garona looks a bit off... Ok she has the teeth and the ears but... they could've atleast used some prosthetics for her face, atleast something in the cheeks or chin or forehead, whatever. She looks way too much like a girl with green paint on her face...

And imo they shouldn't have put her in the main poster... it just kills it for me. Again, I'm a fanatic about this movie, I loved it ever since it was announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait, do we really think that the prequel book and the movie is going to tell the same story? i dont...

Quote Originally Posted by paradokz View Post
    I'm here every day. Especially when I'm bored. I decided not to post until I was proven right, though. And I will be proven right again tomorrow when trailer #2 comes out and we get to witness scenes that they described when PMing me.

You all got served. I was right all along, and I knew it. I also said five times that they might have omitted a few things. But the bottom line is, I was right, and you were wrong.

Also - "Or he simply read 15 pages of book earlier and build own fake spoiler based on that part. EZ." - yeah, stay delusional. You know they've seen the film - accepting it is the next step, mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, tangocash. You do nothing but insult people and shit-talk other films like TMNT and Avatar. Did Blizzard save your life or something?

I was right, though. And I enjoy gloating.
    I state my opinion, I don't insult people. You've been here all along under your pseudonym talking trash. Whatever. Not going to give you the attention that you strive for.

I state my opinion, I don't insult people. You've been here all along under your pseudonym talking trash. Whatever. Not going to give you the attention that you strive for.
    Yeah, best to just ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobie View Post
    wait, do we really think that the prequel book and the movie is going to tell the same story? i dont...
    It's not supposed to...

Did paradokz"'s friend" read the prequel book or the preview for it somewhere?