Quote Originally Posted by Truzam View Post
    Quite off topic, but I tried to figure out what they could do for sequels if not the second war.. (since more and more people seem to believe it will be focus on Thrall and his journey from Durnhold to Orgrimmar because of the post credit scene [has it been confirmed 100% though?] and because of Duncan wanting to insert a Tauren in the second movie)

And even if it is focused on Thrall (which I doubt, since Duncan clearly wants 50% Horde, 50% Alliance), it is impossible to tell in two movies that story, mostly if the trilogy also tells the Alliance side of the story.

By "establish what the new orc home is", Duncan could mean somewhere along Lord of the Clans, where the frostwolves are well established in Alterac with Drek'thar and all.

I think it's safe to assume we will see glimpses of Lord of the Clans in the second and/or third movie. But anything further would be impossible in terms of screen-time since we also need to see what will happen to Khadgar, Lothar, Gul'dan, Garona and Orgrim after the first movie. And the second war is the best option for that..

Even more off topic, but if there is ever another trilogy, or if the whole thing turns into a saga of 6 or 7 movies, I still wonder how they will be able to tell the third war. I thought about it and it would take literally about 1 movie per campaign if they want to do it right (at least the human, orc and undead ones could take 1 movie each)... and warcraft 3 is 8 campaigns lol.. It could work better as a tv series, jumping time to time from one campaign to another.

Well maybe they will go full Warcraft Cinematic Universe and do indeed 1 movie per campaign, just like Marvel do 1 movie per superhero. Battle Of Mount Hyjal would be our Avengers then x).
    I had the idea of combining the Second War and the first half of Thrall's campaign from Warcraft 3. Adult Thrall trying to stop Orgrim from repeating Blackhand's mistakes and sailing to Kalimdor after failing to do so. That would still leave Arthas, Illidan and Archimonde for a completely different trilogy, but keep the character of Thrall relevant for the second and third movie.

It would require the Second War to happen quite a few years after this movie, but other than that, I think it mostly works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Considering that Legion will be the first time that we learn about the original location of the Council of Tirisfal, a tower right in the middle of Dalaran, and Alodi's ghost and Meryl Felstorm are still around, one would wonder how in hell the Kirin Tor wouldn't knew about the Guardians.

Ahem...It is not in Dalaran. Take my word for it. Do you know the story of Alodi and Meryl?

I will try again. Kirin Tor founded the council. The name Tirisfallen is not there for show. Once council was formed, it distanced itself from Kirin Tor (since it had Elven mages in it) to the point that 2 thousands later, Kirin Tor had little clue about council. There will be zero mystery about Medivh and everyone will know that Aegywnn was 800 years old and we will have zero surprises. But they didn't. Not to say that everything was removed. There were still records. Aegywnn's earliest exploits were recorded but no one connected that Aegwynn with Medivh's mother and certainly no one in current council knew about a creature named Sargeras.
    Last edited by jdbond592; 2016-05-12 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I had the idea of combining the Second War and the first half of Thrall's campaign from Warcraft 3. Adult Thrall trying to stop Orgrim from repeating Blackhand's mistakes and sailing to Kalimdor after failing to do so. That would still leave Arthas, Illidan and Archimonde for a completely different trilogy, but keep the character of Thrall relevant for the second and third movie.

It would require the Second War to happen quite a few years after this movie, but other than that, I think it mostly works.
    Problem, Thrall is a newborn, so to get to the age he was in Lord of Clans, the 2nd was already over by then and we need Orc camps too so that Thrall could experiance what his people had gone through before finally finding his clan and train to become a shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Ahem...It is not in Dalaran. Take my word for it. Do you know the story of Alodi and Meryl?
    It's in Dalaran, check Nobbel's videos of him trying to jump out the Tirisgarde tower to Dalaran downtown.

Alodi, the First Guardian. Meryl, a founding member of the Council of Tirisfal.

Picture from the Hall of the Guardians:

Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-05-12 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    We got 1st meme of the movie, ladies and gentlemen!
    That should be the MMO-Champion ban image, not the one we currently have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Problem, Thrall is a newborn, so to get to the age he was in Lord of Clans, the 2nd was already over by then and we need Orc camps too so that Thrall could experiance what his people had gone through before finally finding his clan and train to become a shaman.
    Pretty much. The Orcs needs to be defeated and enslaved, Thrall included, to build his character to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Someone on 4chan just pointed out that Blackhand yells Lok'Tar Ogar in the forest scene at 0:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axu0crG-1vA

Quite cool, hadn't noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Someone on 4chan just pointed out that Blackhand yells Lok'Tar Ogar in the forest scene at 0:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axu0crG-1vA

Quite cool, hadn't noticed
    Listening closely to it again, yeah, he was right! =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Listening closely to it again, yeah, he was right! =D
    There's also another little detail I noticed after a rewatch: when Lothar kills his opponent Blackhand does a slight gesture with his head, like as he's somewhat intrigued by the human's skills, it's kinda noticeable by his expression. That's pretty much the reason why he punches the soldier running to him without even looking, he's fixated on Lothar. Indeed, Blackhand wastes no time in reaching Lothar specifically and let him fly like a ragdoll.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    It's very hard to discern it, yeah. As are some other things the orcs say. Which is a bit of an issue for me. On the one hand, I have trouble discerning certain things they say, and on the other, I really really hate looking at Croatian subtitles due to the fact that some of the beauty of English dialogue gets killed in translation quite often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    There's also another little detail I noticed after a rewatch: when Lothar kills his opponent Blackhand does a slight gesture with his head, like as he's somewhat intrigued by the human's skills, it's kinda noticeable by his expression. That's pretty much the reason why he punches the soldier running to him without even looking, he's fixated on Lothar. Indeed, Blackhand wastes no time in reaching Lothar specifically and let him fly like a ragdoll.
    Yepp, noticed that too, Blackhand noticing Lothar as a skilled warrior. However, the timing is a bit weird (he seems too slow). Not only the time it takes him to reach Lothar, but also, the time it takes him to throw the horse after grabbing it by the neck.

Edit: They kind of do that in all movies, so it's not like it's a big issue.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2016-05-12 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Yepp, noticed that too, Blackhand noticing Lothar as a skilled warrior. However, the timing is a bit weird (he seems too slow). Not only the time it takes him to reach Lothar, but also, the time it takes him to throw the horse after grabbing it by the neck.
    Well, we don't see Blackhand running at Lothar, only the fact that he noticed him. The shots gives also the illusion of them being somewhat near when they don't seem to be. About the horse, Blackhand just held the beast while shouting orders, then probably took some necessary time to subdue it. Nothing nonsensical, overall.

Medivh doesn't have the same backstory in the movieverse. I got the audio book of the Durotan prequel novel. It also included the first chapter of the Warcraft movie novelization

In it, Medivh, as an 11 year old boy, enters the Chamber of Air in Dalaran. Appearing before the Kirin Tor council. Arch-mage Antonidas tests him with some questions and answers.

"There is a theory that every star in the sky is a world. And that each of these worlds is alive with beings of it's own. What says our novice to this concept?"

"No world can equal Azeroth. The beauty of Azeroth, its vitality and abundance are unique" Medivh ansers

"Who can be trusted to care for such a treasure"

"One who can master the forces of magic to keep our world safe. The Guardian"

"I see. All the forces?" Antonidas asks.

"No. The dark forces are forbidden. The dark forces are the mirror of corruption. The dark forces turn the user back against his own intentions."

"And what do we learn from this?"

"That magic is dangerous, and must be kept from those without instruction. No race of men, no dwarf, gnome, or elf. None but the Kirin Tor must use magic."

That's apparently the first part of some kind of test...

Antonidas continues:

"We sense your power, Medivh. We admire your focus. Your appetite for knowledge. We probe and test it as best we can, but sadly the most important question is one that cannot be answered until it is too late. The life of a guardian demands sacrifice that you cannot begin to understand. Yet, we ask you now as a boy to bind yourself forever to the wheel of this vocation. Are you willing to prepare yourself in all ways for the day you will become the master of the tower of Karazhan?"

"I am" answers Medivh

"Then prove yourself!"

Then some magic creature of shadow appears, Medivh realizes it's not real... finds the mage who's "creating it" and uses a spell to silence him.

"Not what I had expected, but effective" Antonidas says.

Then a hole in the floor opens by Medivh. It is filled with a pool of bubblying water, a white flame burning within its depths. Antonidas moves to stand beside him.

"Give me your hand Medivh" Antonidas says. Medivh obeys.

"The day will come when you will be called to serve. The oath you pledge is forged in light. No mage shall be your peer. None your master. Your responsibility will be absolute."

Medivh moves closer to the flame. It then snakes outward and wraps around his arm and sears a pattern onto his skin. The Eye of the Kirin Tor.

Now the council all are bowing their heads to Medivh in a gesture of acceptance and respect.

"No mage shall be your peer, none your master. Guardian" says Antonidas

This appears to be the vows and initiation of a new Guardian. The thing I find interesting is that in the Khadgar character video, we see him with a Eye of the Kirin Tor on his arm. Did he go through the same initiation as Medivh to become the next guardian? Was it because Medivh had renounced his vows? And now in that clip, Khadgar says he renounces his vows... so many questions...

It's not necessarily a retcon. Couldn't this have happened in canon lore?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    Medivh doesn't have the same backstory in the movieverse. I got the audio book of the Durotan prequel novel. It also included the first chapter of the Warcraft movie novelization

In it, Medivh, as an 11 year old boy, enters the Chamber of Air in Dalaran. Appearing before the Kirin Tor council. Arch-mage Antonidas tests him with some questions and answers.

"There is a theory that every star in the sky is a world. And that each of these worlds is alive with beings of it's own. What says our novice to this concept?"

"No world can equal Azeroth. The beauty of Azeroth, its vitality and abundance are unique" Medivh ansers

"Who can be trusted to care for such a treasure"

"One who can master the forces of magic to keep our world safe. The Guardian"

"I see. All the forces?" Antonidas asks.

"No. The dark forces are forbidden. The dark forces are the mirror of corruption. The dark forces turn the user back against his own intentions."

"And what do we learn from this?"

"That magic is dangerous, and must be kept from those without instruction. No race of men, no dwarf, gnome, or elf. None but the Kirin Tor must use magic."

That's apparently the first part of some kind of test...

Antonidas continues:

"We sense your power, Medivh. We admire your focus. Your appetite for knowledge. We probe and test it as best we can, but sadly the most important question is one that cannot be answered until it is too late. The life of a guardian demands sacrifice that you cannot begin to understand. Yet, we ask you now as a boy to bind yourself forever to the wheel of this vocation. Are you willing to prepare yourself in all ways for the day you will become the master of the tower of Karazhan?"

"I am" answers Medivh

"Then prove yourself!"

Then some magic creature of shadow appears, Medivh realizes it's not real... finds the mage who's "creating it" and uses a spell to silence him.

"Not what I had expected, but effective" Antonidas says.

Then a hole in the floor opens by Medivh. It is filled with a pool of bubblying water, a white flame burning within its depths. Antonidas moves to stand beside him.

"Give me your hand Medivh" Antonidas says. Medivh obeys.

"The day will come when you will be called to serve. The oath you pledge is forged in light. No mage shall be your peer. None your master. Your responsibility will be absolute."

Medivh moves closer to the flame. It then snakes outward and wraps around his arm and sears a pattern onto his skin. The Eye of the Kirin Tor.

Now the council all are bowing their heads to Medivh in a gesture of acceptance and respect.

"No mage shall be your peer, none your master. Guardian" says Antonidas

This appears to be the vows and initiation of a new Guardian. The thing I find interesting is that in the Khadgar character video, we see him with a Eye of the Kirin Tor on his arm. Did he go through the same initiation as Medivh to become the next guardian? Was it because Medivh had renounced his vows? And now in that clip, Khadgar says he renounces his vows... so many questions...

Medivh didn't renounce his vows. Medivh is guardian. Khadgar renounced his vows because he was forebaden to research dark magic. And yes, he was on his way to becoming the next Guardian.

So on the danish cinema site Kino.dk the interest in the movie has increased EXTREMELY since a few days ago. Everyone asks when they can pre-book tickets and the interest bar (where you can vote how excited you are) went from around 700 the other day, to 921 today!

Also on the "Most wanted movie" list its now 2nd! Either the marketing has started with posters or whatever or people are just getting excited closer to premiere! Whatever the case, this is very promising!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    It's not necessarily a retcon. Couldn't this have happened in canon lore?
    In game canon, Medivh's mom, the previous guardian, passed on her powers to him. This was against the will of the Council of Tirisfal. It's not how things were done. The Council was supposed to choose the next guardian and give them power.

also... it's not a retcon because it's a different continuity
    Last edited by Thontor; 2016-05-12 at 11:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    So on the danish cinema site Kino.dk the interest in the movie has increased EXTREMELY since a few days ago. Everyone asks when they can pre-book tickets and the interest bar (where you can vote how excited you are) went from around 700 the other day, to 921 today!

Also on the "Most wanted movie" list its now 2nd! Either the marketing has started with posters or whatever or people are just getting excited closer to premiere! Whatever the case, this is very promising!
    It seems the movie is incredibly popular in Scandinavian countries indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post

Has Universal stopped attempting to market the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Has Universal stopped attempting to market the movie?
    In Denmark UIP is doing the marketing I think. They upload the danish versions of the trailers. But I have yet to see a poster close to where I live, but I might just have missed it. I have yet to see any commercial on tv either

Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    In game canon, Medivh's mom, the previous guardian, passed on her powers to him. This was against the will of the Council of Tirisfal. It's not how things were done. The Council was supposed to choose the next guardian and give them power.

also... it's not a retcon because it's a different continuity
    True, true. On both things.

Still, and this is only because I like to attempt to connect different continuities, it's possible the Kirin Tor did that thing with Medivh after the Guardianpowers went to him. Sort of like "Wait she did WHAT? I can't believe- At least let us test this kid."