Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wasn't expecting to see any reviews until a bit later so I don't know what to think at all. There will likely be at least another 100 reviews for the film though so this is kind of like discussing a baseball game after a single batter has come to the plate.
    Yeah, I agree with you. First time I agree with you, I guess ahah

Deleted
    And the Telegraph review don't even know actors name. That's a shame we got "journalists" like this one and the Guardian's one.

That's fucking bullshit.
    I can admit the movie isn't a success, i'm ok with the fact it would be a little bit "meh", but wtf those critics are fucking retarded.

Why do they only count english reviews though? Seems like the whole meta critic thing is just bullshit if it just selects which one it counts.

A shot of the end credits. Nothing spoilerish, but you never know if someone doesn't want to see it, so I put it into a link

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjT6o5kUgAI4agY.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Problem with your assessment is that most of these negative reviews are coming from US. I mean who the hell in France or China or Russia knows or gives a crap about Variety or RT. I have yet to see a European review that matches the tone of American reviews. We all knew Warcraft will fail in US. This reviews just pushes it from bad to worse. RT or merit ranking have zero merit for non-US movie goers.
    Truthfully I was talking about the US. Internationally they will have to deal with their own positive and negative critics.

but If you read past all the flavored text you still get to a similar theme.

A flawed character driven story that doesn't drive the characters well. Be it poor writing or not enough screen time (movie length) or both.
    CGI is very good but doesn't always mesh well. Clearly a disconnect and a problem
    The already weakened and simplified story has to many plot holes.

All that leads to mediocrity.

We're looking at too many similar themes and that creates an average movie at best and well that kind of thing tends to stay average at best with a massive drop off the second and continuing weekends.

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/with_replies btw just go look what people have to say about it... ya ..critics...

some of them

" Visually stunning and magical, @Warcraftmovie will please all fans and audiences who grew up with fantasy / RPG games. Bravo @ManMadeMoon!
    @ManMadeMoon Thank you very much for your amazing work on #WarcraftMovie. That was just amazing and can't wait for the second and third grin emoticon

Okay enough! Give me the sequel please!!!(10/10)������������������ @ManMadeMoon @Warcraftmovie @Blizzard_Ent"
    Last edited by mmoc1e09114525; 2016-05-25 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    So what's so good about this movie? Almost all the critics hate it.
    Oh you mean the 6 critics, where one of the bad ones is the person who said "Dragonball Evolution was good"? Yeah, no. Movie isn't judged by 6 people.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2016-05-25 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Here is a link that shows all the swedish review scores (only 2 so far) if anyone is intrested. http://kritiker.se/film/warcraft-the-beginning/

Deleted
    My biggest question is if the international reviews are of the dubbed versions. With good dubbing it could change the movie quite a bit if the performances of the actors were a bit off.
    People still watch dubbed anything in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Truthfully I was talking about the US. Internationally they will have to deal with their own positive and negative critics.

but If you read past all the flavored text you still get to a similar theme.

A flawed character driven story that doesn't drive the characters well. Be it poor writing or not enough screen time (movie length) or both.
    CGI is very good but doesn't always mesh well. Clearly a disconnect and a problem
    The already weakened and simplified story has to many plot holes.

All that leads to mediocrity.

We're looking at too many similar themes and that creates an average movie at best and well that kind of thing tends to stay average at best with a massive drop off the second and continuing weekends.
    Dunno man. Even though I hated all the changes made to the story, I still wanted this movie to succeed. DJ really messed it up.

AC movie any good?

Deleted
    My biggest question is if the international reviews are of the dubbed versions. With good dubbing it could change the movie quite a bit if the performances of the actors were a bit off.
    Here in sweden they always show the original and so far the ones i have read have been positve or mixed but wants to see a sequal. 4/5 3/5 and 3 on a scale from - to 5

Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    Here is a link that shows all the swedish review scores (only 2 so far) if anyone is intrested. http://kritiker.se/film/warcraft-the-beginning/
    >Ben Foster looks like David Guetta
    Thanks, Swede. Now I can't unsee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Curdi View Post
    People still watch dubbed anything in 2016?
    Standard in many countries. Every movie is dubbed in germany for example and you have to actively search original screenings. Dubbings can be quite good if they dont mess up the translation and use the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Dunno man. Even though I hated all the changes made to the story, I still wanted this movie to succeed. DJ really messed it up.

AC movie any good?
    Sounds like you just don't want to give the movie a chance. Go watch it before you make such premature statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    What do you mean, for how this movie turned out?

It hasn't turned out like anything yet. Reviewers are breaking embargo all over the place. I haven't seen one high profile review yet and reading the one's linked on rotten tomatoes, the critics are juvenile. Embarrassing reads. How they have an occupation as a reviewer is surprising.

Saying that, this movie is going to be Marmite. It's heavy fantasy and heavy CGI. Not really Oscar Bait.
    Agreed. I never expected this movie to be Oscar worthy by any means. From the looks of it the movie may find its audience and it is not going to be only for the fans of the franchise like us, even if many fans will see it. This movie was always going to be a hard sell to the critics because of its heavy fantasy elements, which to be honest, is more over the top than something like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings that managed to avoid this trap more or less. Not to mention that it is based off of a video game, which the negative reviews can't avoid to mention. I still think it is a massive cop-out to use that argument and that it should be judged by its own merits, but it is not going to stop people from using said argument.

Deleted
    I'm off to see the movie, currently waiting for my train. It's playing in 4 and a half hours, but the train ride is long and I'll be eating dinner first anyway. Once I get back, I'll write down my thoughts. I'll be on the lookout for any flaws in the dialogue, acting, CGI, and plot.

IF acting is indeed an issue (and it seems it is). Conversion could make a bit of a difference for sure.

Before:
    - All the good trailers are private
    - all the bad trailers are released online

Now:
    - All the good reviews are everywhere
    - Only the bad reviews are on RT

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    I'm off to see the movie, currently waiting for my train. It's playing in 4 and a half hours, but the train ride is long and I'll be eating dinner first anyway. Once I get back, I'll write down my thoughts. I'll be on the lookout for any flaws in the dialogue, acting, CGI, and plot.
    Have fun!

Deleted
    Shame metacritic doesn't allow user reviews yet... Those could actually be worth something