Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Here is the scene with khadgar from the movie clips in german:
    the "e" is not closed, but still intentionally longer than in "Fell".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deloctyte View Post
    Tossed all my thoughts together in a video. Please forgive the crap production quality.
    subbed/ nice style of reviewing
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1HqpAPzR2o

IGN's take on bad Warcraft critics. /facepalm

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7ayDJw1JU DJ needs to see the review , i think its the best , because it clears up the confusion of the pacing and people might want a extended cut

If I were to give it a score or anything of the sort then I'm currently sitting at a 9/10.

The story was good and mostly what I expected from it as a lore nerd. A couple changes here and there but they generally worked for the better.
    Effects were amazing! Orcs looked incredible, magic was gorgeous or horrifying. Sometimes there were moments when I thought something looked a bit off but likely cuz of motion blur.
    Characters were wonderful and well played. Lots of funny, touching and intense moments from just about everyone.

And occasional "fan service" was glorious! Keep your eyes out for it, personally looking forward to seeing it a second time this weekend and hopefully focusing more on details.

There were moments where I thought the movie could use a bit more explaining of certain aspects in the world, but overall it did a good job in my opinion. Can't say how many non-Warcraft people would agree, but I think it would do a decent job and introducing Warcraft to the masses.

Also, a certain aspect about the ending made me love the movie even more, but not gonna spoil it. Besides, mostly just a personal thing of mine about movies these days.

So that's my bit of opinion on the movie. I think anyone who likes Warcraft should definitely go see it and those new to the franchise would probably follow along with what's happening. Lots of action, awe and intensity, and if you think the movie's good then I bet you'd wanna see what happens in a potential sequel.

Probably best viewed with someone else though, just so you have someone to talk to about the wonder you just witnessed. :P

If there will be Varian in a Warcraft movie sequels as an adult (probably 5th movie ) - this actor is the 10/10 choice: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001518/

http://mein-mmo.de/magazin/medien/20...ic-980x500.jpg in comparison to CGI Varian.

Ofc that actor would be cool as Arthas too.

I just saw the movie, and no matter what the "professional" reviewers are saying about the movie, I definitely think if you're interested in going, you should.
    Visually it's amazing, and as an action-movie it's pretty good too!

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Makes me really sad that we wont be getting this epic speech. Really loved it. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Gul'Dan
    Death. Life. Do you hear it? The beat of a thousand hearts. A thousand slaves for a thousand warriors. Living souls are the key to this portal, I need prisoners, not corpses! Empty their villages, their towns, their cities. Bring me fuel for the fel and make room for The Horde!
    Whichever jackass at Universal or Legendary got the brilliant idea that it's an okay thing to cut epic speeches like that should at least be dick-slapped. Actually, whichever jackass came up with the idea that movies like this shouldn't be something like at least 150 minutes long should also be dick-slapped. This isn't a fucking Pacific Rim. It's a fantasy movie. People who watch fantasy can sit still for something like 3 to 4 hours if the world they're immersed in is worth it. And they can definitely survive 2 and a half hours... Jesus fucking Christ, Universal and Legendary... -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Makes me really sad that we wont be getting this epic speech. Really loved it. :/

Whichever jackass at Universal or Legendary got the brilliant idea that it's an okay thing to cut epic speeches like that should at least be dick-slapped. Actually, whichever jackass came up with the idea that movies like this shouldn't be something like at least 150 minutes long should also be dick-slapped. This isn't a fucking Pacific Rim. It's a fantasy movie. People who watch fantasy can sit still for something like 3 to 4 hours if the world they're immersed in is worth it. And they can definitely survive 2 and a half hours... Jesus fucking Christ, Universal and Legendary... -_-'
    Yeah, it really couldn't have been just a half hour longer?

Deleted

I think that might have been Duncans decision. The speech isn't cut, its altered completely. It doesn't have the same wording as in the CC footage, it was rewritten. At least i think so, i saw the german version, and it may have just been translated differently, need someone to clear that up.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxz4vm8tD8c

A french youtuber review. He is doing a lot of movie review, almost every blockbuster and some others. I'm not fond of his job, but I feel he is explaining pretty nicely what is good and what isn't from this movie.

Overall he's saying that's a good movie. And he was not a warcraft fan before that (he says at the start that he only played with the warcraft 2 map editor, nothing more).

Imo that's our kind of savior. If youtube (and public review) start to promote the movie and say that it's worth watching, the "official" critics will be blown away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by callyx View Post
    I think that might have been Duncans decision.
    At the very worst, it was his decision what to cut (although I doubt it, there are actual editors for this shit). He can't have made the decision to make a shorter movie. He was probably forced by Legendary, I mean, they're his bosses, at the end of the day, since they provided most of the budget.

The speech isn't cut, its altered completely. It doesn't have the same wording as in the CC footage, it was rewritten. At least i think so, i saw the german version, and it may have just been translated differently, need someone to clear that up.
    Yes, altered into something not nearly as cool, apparently.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm embedding b/c a lot of people were just posting the link and for once I feel like there was a good reason to bring attention to this. Your review was very even keeled, focused on calm intellect, and really is the best review I've seen for the movie. Well done.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Idk if you guys read this, it's from the Guardian review:

"The prospect of a predominantly white, European realm being invaded by foreign, primitive, darker skinned hordes (they are actually called the Horde) might set alarm bells ringing in our current climate of immigration anxiety. Is this a veiled Ukip broadcast? Or a pro-Trump one? Nobody suggests the orcs are there to steal Azeroth’s jobs or exploit its benefits system, thankfully, though they are intent on overrunning their adoptive country and sucking the souls out of all its living creatures."

I mean, what the fuck was that guy smoking before he wrote this? And if he indeed is serious, I cannot wait to see his review when the dragon aspects are introduced and he's gonna have to deal with Deathwing, leader of the BLACK dragonflight, one of the most EVIL factions on Azeroth, the predominantnly white, European realm. lolz.
    The guy was a joke.
    He had referenced the "white predominant population" of azeroth before that point and it had perplexed me that this needed to be mentioned.
    THen I read this and I knew,it was the same idiocy as usual.

THe guy even said that Durotan who is good is "lighter skinned than the evil ones. But we will leave it aside for now".
    Both idiocy and condescending attitude.
    Dunno where he found "darker skinned evil orcs" when the only "evil ones" are green, but hey, it was about time I guess that green colour was added to racial insensitivity.
    Last edited by Romano; 2016-05-26 at 08:56 PM.

I think that might have been Duncans decision. The speech isn't cut, its altered completely. It doesn't have the same wording as in the CC footage, it was rewritten. At least i think so, i saw the german version, and it may have just been translated differently, need someone to clear that up.
    Producers are usually the ones who force cuts. That's why there's "director's cut" versions.

Deleted
    At the very worst, it was his decision what to cut (although I doubt it, there are actual editors for this shit). He can't have made the decision to make a shorter movie. He was probably forced by Legendary, I mean, they're his bosses, at the end of the day, since they provided most of the budget.

Yes, altered into something not nearly as cool, apparently.
    Could be. I really don't want to throw around blame at anyone though, we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, we only get to see the finished movie. Some changes might have been creative decisions while others were forced by the studio, i don't know.
    But yes, the speech was a lot more dramatic in the leak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to create a site that reviews reviewers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Somehow not believing your anecdotal take on Warcraft lore is tantamount to thinking the movie is good, also an opinion you don't hold.
    I was somewhat confused myself at that. The way it degenerated from the supposed topic to "Warcraft is bad, deal with it" left me at a loss. Well, not that much considered who wrote the post in the first place.

Actually, whichever jackass came up with the idea that movies like this shouldn't be something like at least 150 minutes long should also be dick-slapped.
    I chuckled. Has passed like, a whole year from the time a friend of mine used the same exact expression xD

It's probably the case. Even in the novelization, the speech was sort of different. There was a mention about the "Death. Life. Death. Life" chant but if I remember correctly, what Gul'dan said was kinda different from what we heard in the leaked footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    The guy was a joke.
    He had referenced the "white predominant population" of azeroth before that point and it had perplexed me that this needed to be mentioned.
    THen I read this and I knew,it was the same idiocy as usual.

THe guy even said that Durotan who is good is "lighter skinned than the evil ones. But we will leave it aside for now".
    Both idiocy and condescending attitude.
    Duuno where he found "darker skinned evil rocs" when the only "evil ones" are green, but hey, it was about time I guess that green colour was added to racail insensitivity.
    The actual and somewhat funny (in a sad way) problem is that for us, who are familiar with the franchise, these things look pretentious and idiotic, as they actually are. But someone who knows nothing about it and is sort of naive or not exactly the brighest dude out there could seriously believe in the legitimacy of this bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Guys, who the hell cares about critics?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/warcraft...rtical=default

This is the real time Twitter feed for #warcraftmovie. Positive comments from people who watched the movie keep popping out every 30 seconds or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I really want to create a site that reviews reviewers.
    Agreed. That's actually spot on. Judge those who are always and constantly used to judge? That would be refreshing and would easily humble a lot of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.