Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    You keep mocking it but when you have 15 movies being released every month and you have little understanding of franchise, you are not just going watch every movie because you believe only you can judge it. How many here watched BvS after it was thoroughly trashed and they were not "looking for it" in first place? It is a luxury you can afford.
    I am saying that I do not watch movies based only on critic reviews.

The sky is not falling, the movie is fine, as any action/fantasy movie that might be also fun to watch. It's not the Godfather, Apocalypse Now or the Shawshank Redemption nor is it pretending to be.

Right, I came back from movie yesterday, but didn't get a chance to give it any thought. So here it goes:

As a Warcraft fan... I loved it! It had everything, from the way lore plays out, despite changes to the original, it kept the important key moments of it, all the way to easter eggs. I couldn't be more satisfied and wanting a extended edition or even a sequel soon.
    It deserves 8-8,5/10.

As a non-Warcraft fan... I can see where the problems were, but even that didn't deserve 1-3/10 rating, that's just bias opinion from upperclass snobs, bribed asholes or even people who are determined to have the mindset of "game movies are inharently bad" forever.
    The problems come from one regretable fact:
    Movie was cut down way too much! It should've been atleast 30min longer, or be 3 hours full, like LotR was; because you notice that there's some very abrupt cuts happening and there are missing scenes we've seen in the trailer/featturets or even SDCC leaks.
    That's why certain characters feel the certain lack of depth and/or character development that's where the movie suffers greatly.

So I'm a bit split on this matter; on one hand you see almost all the cheiftain/warlords in the movie together (apart from Ner'zhul for obvious reasons), yet they have no speaking lines, but on the other hand, it avoided the clusterfaq the Hobbit had, where 13 dwarves only had 4 dwarves that really mattered, while others wehere there for comic releaf or for just being there because the adoptation demanded.

All in all it was still enjojable to watch, so it deserves a 6/10 at least, and I would go watch it again simply because it looks amazing.

I just hope that Duncan is able to release the Directors cut so we can finally see the movie in FULL SPLENDOR!
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2016-05-27 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Right, I came back from movie yesterday, but didn't get a chance to give it any thought. So here it goes:

As a Warcraft fan... I loved it! It had everything, from the way lore plays out, despite changes to the original, it kept the important key moments of it, all the way to easter eggs. I couldn't be more satisfied and wanting a extended edition or even a sequel soon.
    It deserbed 8-8,5/10.

As a non-Warcraft fan... I can see where the problems were, but even that didn't deserve 1-3/10 rating, that's just bias opinion from upperclass snobs, bribed asholes or even people who are determined to have the mindset of "game movies are inharently bad" forever.
    The problems come from one regretable fact:
    Movie was cut down way too much! It should've been atleast 30min longer, or be 3 hours full, like LotR was; because you notice that there's some very abrupt cuts happening and there are missing scenes we've seen in the trailer/featturets or even SDCC leaks.
    That's why certain characters feel the certain lack of depth and/or character development that's where the movie suffers greatly.

So I'm a bit split on this matter; on one hand you see almost all the cheiftain/warlords in the movie together (apart from Ner'zhul for obvious reasons), yet they have no speaking lines, but on the other hand, it avoided the clusterfaq the Hobbit had, where 13 dwarves only had 4 dwarves that really mattered, while others wehere there for comic releaf or for just being there because the adoptation demanded.

All in all it was still enjojable to watch, so it deserves a 6/10 at least, and I would go watch it again simply because it looks amazing.

I just hope that Duncan is able to release the Directors cut so we can finally see the movie in FULL SPLENDOR!
    Just the fact that this movie had soooo many characters, only the main characters actually had a speaking role. Only very few unimportant had speaking role, like some orcs has small lines

I think they will tie in a directors cut edition to Legion in some way...or that if you have an active subscription in the month the movie comes out you might get it for a cheaper digital download price etc. who knows...be some great cross marketing if it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyways, the Norwegian reviews so far are as follows:

Dagbladet 2/6
    VG 4/6
    Filmpolitiet 4/6
    Dagsavisen 4/6
    Aftenposten 5/6

(and i guess 50% of the reviewers had no knowledge about warcraft, The one from VG started the review stating that videogame with orcs and humans was a really bad basis for a movie, he went on to talk about wow and nerds. and when it came to the actual movie he managed to write that "the orcs wanted to invade the humans city Azeroth" yet he gave the movie 4/6

some of them also state that they look forward to the next movie

Deleted
    By the way, Alodi is not in Karazhan, but Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobie View Post
    Anyways, the Norwegian reviews so far are as follows:

Dagbladet 2/6
    VG 4/6
    Filmpolitiet 4/6
    Dagsavisen 4/6
    Aftenposten 5/6

(and i guess 50% of the reviewers had no knowledge about warcraft, The one from VG started the review stating that videogame with orcs and humans was a really bad basis for a movie, he went on to talk about wow and nerds. and when it came to the actual movie he managed to write that "the orcs wanted to invade the humans city Azeroth" yet he gave the movie 4/6

some of them also state that they look forward to the next movie

Wish these were included in RT and Metacritic.

Would change RT from 4 fresh and 12 rotten to 8 fresh and 13 rotten. From a 25 Up to a 38 on the tomato-meter
    Last edited by Thontor; 2016-05-27 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Was the old lady Aegwynn? I wasn't sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Was the old lady Aegwynn? I wasn't sure.
    Was verbally named "Alodi".

Khadgar actually sees her in Karazhan the first time and later in Dalaran

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Khadgar actually sees her in Karazhan the first time and later in Dalaran
    Fair point.

Was verbally named "Alodi".
    The box was, but Alodi was a dude elf right?

Deleted
    Yep, but either it's a lore change, or another charactere named alodi (that i would find stupid imo)

Deleted
    They said Alodi was the one in the box, and that it used to be someone serving a similar function as the Guardian.

They said Alodi was the one in the box, and that it used to be someone serving a similar function as the Guardian.
    It looked sooo much like Aegwynn though.

On another note, the whole "from light comes darkness, and from darkness comes light" thing at the end... could that be the origins of holy magic and paladins?

Deleted
    It looked sooo much like Aegwynn though.

On another note, the whole "from light comes darkness, and from darkness comes light" thing at the end... could that be the origins of holy magic and paladins?
    I guess they're searching some easy explaination to the introduction of the Light for the sequel, and for the Burning Legion too.

Everybody is talking in spoiler tags and I feel lonely

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Stuba View Post
    Korea being Korea?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuba View Post
    I'm... speechless. I, what?