Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    And honestly call me weird but I don't see the "calm" LOTR tracks into the Warcraft franchise. Now, regardless of how rushed this movie generally felt, I always knew Warcraft was going to be much more fast paced than that.
    There are plenty calm tracks in Ramin's score already lol Bruh you gotta listen to the WC3 ost http://imgur.com/J3WHS6a
    Quote Originally Posted by Isurith View Post
    The most memorable soundtrack from LOTR are coming from relatively calm moment on the movies, like passing through a mountain, or walking across an open valley, or during small skirmish and discussions.
    LOTR's soundtrack is on a league of its own. So much amazing music.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    its makes me tingle in all my fun places to know what some of us already knew about this thing called a movie...

the only place you see "good" reviews is in mmo... everywhere else is torn apart
    There are good reviews from all over Europe, many already posted on this same thread.

its makes me tingle in all my fun places to know what some of us already knew about this thing called a movie...

the only place you see "good" reviews is in mmo... everywhere else is torn apart
    How can you win when winning means that someone loses? I feel really sorry for you, I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I actually did care about Llane. Just by the fact that he'd rather die than having Garona suffer or die herself is very heroic. If he didn't let her kill him, she would probably had died herself.
    I feel that Garona's arc was handled better than in the actual lore when it comes to that moment. I mean, I was expecting to see Llane die, but I was pleasantly surprised by him willingly sacrificing himself to save her. It was a really clever way of handling both of their arcs without resorting to the mind control thing from the original.

Deleted
    And twitter, and facebook, and reviews' website from each countries where it's actually already release (http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefil...lm=129526.html -> for France, as an exemple)

Yeah, this would do, just something to slow the pace a bit. Nothing wrong with a little break to get the know the characters better and connect with them.
    Yep, when I saw the scene where they're on horses, departing to the DP at night, I thought "yes, we're going to see some country". But nope, only some mountains where they put a campfire for the shortest discussion ever. That's a shame because that started so well.

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    How can you win when winning means that someone loses? I feel really sorry for you, I do.
    Scatman John?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is more the other way around. A lot of positive reactions all over the place while the negative stuff is concentrated onto websites like Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes.

Ohhh edgy! I am almost triggered...Then again, MMOC also has you so it can't all be "goof"..

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Scatman John?
    Guilty as charged, sir :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfclaw95 View Post
    Dec 30th has always been used as a placeholder date. The blu-ray steelbook does look great though!

Holy Shit. That looks Amazing!
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I actually did care about Llane. Just by the fact that he'd rather die than having Garona suffer or die herself is very heroic. If he didn't let her kill him, she would probably had died herself.
    Yes, because you're a Warcraft fan. And that kind of death for him is actually not at all a GoTian death. It's the exact opposite - a character sacrificing himself for someone else and succeeding, thus becoming a hero. A GoTian death for him would've been something like him trying to save her and in the process somehow causing the fall of Stormwind by, say, not being there at its defense (I haven't actually watched the movie, by the way), causing a fall in morale and panic. In the process of saving her, he dies. But also, so does his city. That's GoT for you. No, actually, GoT is sometimes even more cruel, but yeah, you get my point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Welp, seems like I'll have to leave this thread until 8th of June. Not much left for me here.
    Didn't work out well eh? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by donmater View Post
    There are plenty calm tracks in Ramin's score already lol Bruh you gotta listen to the WC3 ost http://imgur.com/J3WHS6a
    I said "calm LOTR tracks" not "calm tracks" in general. I referred to a specific style. I'm aware people don't fight for 2 hours non-stop. But you know, different movies, different composers. And lol I don't know what WC3 has to do with this anyway.

Besides, the point that seems to slightly flying over people's heads is that the tracks are strictly dependent to the pacing of the movie itself. The film is not going to feel any less rushed by just putting long and extensive "calm" songs all over the place, it would just look awkward. At most, the movie had to be edited differently and being overall longer, if that's what you wanted. Than, consequently, a different kind of tracks would have fitted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The cast is exceptionaly untalented and bad. The rest is okay. The story is somewhat crumpled and unclear for casual viewer. All I can say about the movie. 7/10 because I'm hopeless Blizzard fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to the soundtrack and designing the music around the movie, that is actually what the Lord of the Rings did with the theatrical releases and the Extended Cuts. The composers for the trilogy had to change the soundtrack and extend it because the original music no longer fitted into the pacing of the extended versions of each movie. They went into a lot of detail in the behind the scenes about the production. I recommend looking them up.

Deleted
    And lol I don't know what WC3 has to do with this anyway.
    Oh I understand utterly. But to be honest, if I don't manage to play WC3 at least one more time before that happens I'll hardly remember anything of that game, music included xD

I said "calm LOTR tracks" not "calm tracks" in general. I referred to a specific style. I'm aware people don't fight for 2 hours non-stop. But you know, different movies, different composers. And lol I don't know what WC3 has to do with this anyway.

Besides, the point that seems to slightly flying over people's heads is that the tracks are strictly dependent to the pacing of the movie itself. The film is not going to feel any less rushed by just putting long and extensive "calm" songs all over the place, it would just look awkward. At most, the movie had to be edited differently and being overall longer, if that's what you wanted. Than, consequently, a different kind of tracks would have fitted.
    Right, now I'm wondering if any themes were composed for these hypothetical quiet parts that were removed. Although I guess they would have been included in the OST, wouldn't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    Didn't work out well eh? :P
    Well they stopped discussing whatever it is they were discussing in spoiler tags right after I said that, so, you know...

But yeah, I never really was serious. I'll leave when people stop using spoiler tags.

When are you seeing the movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Yes, because you're a Warcraft fan. And that kind of death for him is actually not at all a GoTian death. It's the exact opposite - a character sacrificing himself for someone else and succeeding, thus becoming a hero. A GoTian death for him would've been something like him trying to save her and in the process somehow causing the fall of Stormwind by, say, not being there at its defense (I haven't actually watched the movie, by the way), causing a fall in morale and panic. In the process of saving her, he dies. But also, so does his city. That's GoT for you. No, actually, GoT is sometimes even more cruel, but yeah, you get my point.
    Well, that would be way too close to GoTs than Warcraft is likely intended to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by donmater View Post
    Well, those two quotes of mine has a lot to do with each other, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Right, now I'm wondering if any themes were composed for these hypothetical quiet parts that were removed. Although I guess they would have been included in the OST, wouldn't they?
    It could be, it could not. I don't know, I have to see this movie in the first place xD

I heard all the tracks but that alone doesn't say much to me.

Edit: oh you intended tracks out of the OST. Heh, I don't think there'll be more than that. Then again, the OST is not the exact reflection of everything heard in the movie, but what's major is put there.

(Sorry, I'm falling asleep and I can barely read anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    When are you seeing the movie?
    I'm Italian, so it's not going to be a thing here until the first of June. I'll probably go watch it some day after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.