10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    It is too late to piss on these reviews. Blizzard has this really strong love/hate fan base and these reviews are pushing lot of fan away. It is not surprising to read comments like "why is this even a movie"..It is amazing how many Russians saw this movie just for DOTA! No wonder movie is under-performing in US so badly..
    The movie isn't performing in the US at all..............

Fact: Blizzard had to bundle in so many free goodies (like an entire GAME) to get people to see this trainwreck of a movie. Duncan Jones, hang your head in shame.

36 on Metacritic and their summary is: "Finally, a great videogame movie!" is what absolutely no one is saying about Duncan Jones's epic fantasy"

The Slate review: "Watching this bloated mélange of derivative fantasy tropes unfold is akin to being forced to follow the efforts of a particularly ham-fisted gamer, with the viewer being jerked back and forth across countless busy CGI landscapes by a plot that's utterly predictable when it isn't confusing."

Deleted
    Question

Did I miss Durotan's frostwolf dying(because of him wearing the iconic pelt before Mak'Gora)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Fact: Blizzard had to bundle in so many free goodies (like an entire GAME) to get people to see this trainwreck of a movie. Duncan Jones, hang your head in shame.

36 on Metacritic and their summary is: "Finally, a great videogame movie!" is what absolutely no one is saying about Duncan Jones's epic fantasy"

The Slate review: "Watching this bloated mélange of derivative fantasy tropes unfold is akin to being forced to follow the efforts of a particularly ham-fisted gamer, with the viewer being jerked back and forth across countless busy CGI landscapes by a plot that's utterly predictable when it isn't confusing."
    Go to RT, click on user Reviews, eat your words as most are 3Stars+

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia

36 on Metacritic and their summary is: "Finally, a great videogame movie!" is what absolutely no one is saying about Duncan Jones's epic fantasy
    Go jack off on the idea of beating up Chris Metzen and stop clogging up this thread with worthless posts, you and your ilk.

I'm no mod, but seriously, be constructive or leave. Say why you don't like the movie, don't use the words of certified idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KazTheCapper View Post
    Question

Did I miss Durotan's frostwolf dying(because of him wearing the iconic pelt before Mak'Gora)?
    Probably deleted scene or different pelt :-/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    It is too late to piss on these reviews. Blizzard has this really strong love/hate fan base and these reviews are pushing lot of fan away. It is not surprising to read comments like "why is this even a movie"..It is amazing how many Russians saw this movie just for DOTA! No wonder movie is under-performing in US so badly..
    A fan will see the movie in the cinema no review will stop him

Not every cinema is handing out these "goodies".

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    8-10 characters really isn't a lot. The Fellowship of the Ring had a few more.
    The theatrical cut of Fellowship also had 30 minutes more than Warcraft to get stuff set up.

36 on Metacritic and their summary is: "Finally, a great videogame movie!" is what absolutely no one is saying about Duncan Jones's epic fantasy
    Okay mister, you listen here and you will be responding to this message or your message doesn't freaking count in anything.

Kino.dk is a respectful website, very good for users opinions. You can easily make a review as an user. And not everyone on that website is a Warcraft fan (I think only 5% are)

Now look at these ratings. Comparing the users rating with the DANISH critics ratings:

And currently it is number 3 on the users best rated movies:

Just the other day it was number 1.

Filmz.dk is also a very respectful website who also only has a short amount of Warcraft fans. And the website gave it 4/6 stars.

http://filmz.dk/warcraft-kommer-godt-fra-start

And thi article describes that the public loves the movie, while the critics hate the movie. People in the comment section and even saying this is a very good movie.
    This is some of the danish evidence that prove this is a good movie, so you STOP claiming this movie has failed. The critics has no saying in the end, it all depends on the people who go watch the movie. And if they like the movie, it means it is a success. HECK! The movie is even doing amazingly well at the box office right now, from about 20 markets! So what the actually freaking heck are you on about?!

Ugh I am so tired of these people who just come in and calls it a failure. JUST DROP IT!

Stupid rant...
    Last edited by Tornwar; 2016-05-30 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KazTheCapper View Post
    Question

No it doesn't die in the movie, I think the frostwolf pelt is from another frostwolf from when he was young, not from the same he is seen with in the movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delina View Post
    Alice will be huge in the US?
    After the Jonnhy Depp scandal? Won't make predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    What scandal?

what scandal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    What scandal?
    http://radaronline.com/celebrity-new...sales-plummet/

Yep, that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I just did. It ripped lore and themes from all 3 of those. Not to mention the fact that they basically copied C&C to become successful.

And it isn't baffling to people who are versed in more than just WC. Hell the entire LK shit is ripped from GoT.
    How are people saying Warcraft ripped off GoT when Warcraft 3 and its expansion came out before game of thrones was published. Google is your friend people.

I know this is off-topic, but I don't think this matters to anyone lol, movie has nothing to do with some personal drama

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain32 View Post
    How are people saying Warcraft ripped off GoT when Warcraft 3 and its expansion came out before game of thrones was published. Google is your friend people.
    Er... the first book from A Song of Ice and Fire is from 1996, Warcraft 3 is from 2002.

That said, I don't think the Scourge is specifically based on the White Walkers, but both are based on norse mythology. Icy undead creatures with blue eyes aren't exactly a unique concept, and that's pretty much where the similarities end.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-05-30 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    I know this is off-topic, but I don't think this matters to anyone lol, movie has nothing to do with some personal drama
    Abuse scandal, true or false, also hurts PR wise.

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    there may be a co-relation between low sales and his scandal but personally I just think this movie seems too obvious a cash grab using a highly popular title character.

On warcraft, interested to see how it does sales wise in America. Its doing better than I thought it would in Europe.