10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    No, it's the point of a good selection of critics. I think it's fair to assume that no matter how many reviews this movie gets, it's never going to get above a 6/10. And that's a generous forecast.
    Then you have failed to put this standard into practice against the reviews that this movie has got on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. There is plenty of bias going on there, yet you are saying that you want unbiased opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by fabianos View Post
    A lot of problems with pace not a single epic battle (maybe one).
    The battle scenes look terrible. Most orcs just are standing in place and humans are running like headless chicken. Someone cries some appropriate things, like "Hold the ranks" and so on, but the problem is no one actually follows it on the screen. No horses put to any use. The movie positions itself like "Action", but there is literally three fighting scenes in the entire movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Tackhisis, just follow ramjb and get the fuck out. We have enough of trolls plauging this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Okay, just a guess... do you guys think the negative reviews simply just didn't take the movie serious enough? Like... before going in, they were like "I am gonna watch a joke of a movie"

I mean... isn't that possible? Along with the fact they know it was based on a video game? Maybe they had heard about Warcraft being a very silly game or a game with a lot of humor? There's also that.

Heck maybe they went in expecting a lot of jokes and silliness and then they ended up watching a very serious movie... and maybe that is why they didn't like it? Because of their expectations? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    do you guys think the negative reviews simply just didn't take the movie serious enough?
    No, the critics like to see movies with ideas or messages. Those are missing from the movie.

Like of of the critics said, "The dialogs are military dry and are related only to character's current plans and activities. The only kind of abstract phrase in the movie is a thoughtful 'Darkness is born from the Light, the Light flows from Darkness', and due to that quality it is repeated some three times." You cannot criticize something that looks like a comic book, and not a real one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The battle scenes look terrible. Most orcs just are standing in place and humans are running like headless chicken. Someone cries some appropriate things, like "Hold the ranks" and so on, but the problem is no one actually follows it on the screen. No horses put to any use. The movie positions itself like "Action", but there is literally three fighting scenes in the entire movie.
    That is a lie. Here are all of the fight scenes in the movie:

- The Elwynn Forest ambush.
    - Skirmishes by the Horde throughout the movie to gather prisoners to fuel the Dark Portal.
    - The canyon fight after Orgrim betrays Durotan.
    - The massacre of the Frostwolf clan where Orgrim goes to save Draka and Thrall while giving Durotan the chance to expose Gul'dan to the entire Horde.
    - Khadgar and Lothar fighting corrupted Medivh in Kharazan.
    - The battle of the Dark Portal where king Llane and Garona are fighting to save the prisoners to prevent the portal from opening.
    - The Mak'gora between Durotan and Gul'dan.
    - The Mak'gora between Lothar and Blackhand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    That is a lie.
    He's the guy of the "camrip" remember. A liar and a troll. Anyone who's not interested in his nonsense just put him to ignore and he'll disappear into nothingness.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

No, the critics like to see movies with ideas or messages. Those are missing from the movie.

Like of of the critics said, "The dialogs are military dry and are related only to character's current plans and activities. The only kind of abstract phrase in the movie is a thoughtful 'Darkness is born from the Light, the Light flows from Darkness', and due to that quality it is repeated some three times." You cannot criticize something that looks like a comic book, and not a real one.
    I personally see a very clear message. Many actually.

There are many faces of war. It is not always black and white. Family and friends are very important. Probably more...

We all know there are heroes on both sides and all that jazz. If you watch the movie, you will clearly see some messages. Heck Durotan's motive for uniting with the humans are to protect his clan and family. Bravery comes in many forms. But as you are brave, you are also naive and stupid. Same goes for Durotan...

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally see a very clear message. Many actually.

There are many faces of war. It is not always black and white. Family and friends are very important. Probably more...

We all know there are heroes on both sides and all that jazz. If you watch the movie, you will clearly see some messages. Heck Durotan's motive for uniting with the humans are to protect his clan and family
    Don't argue with him, a waste of time. Just ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Don't argue with him, a waste of time. Just ignore him.
    B-but I wanted to talk about cool messages

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    He's the guy of the "camrip" remember. A liar and a troll. Anyone who's not interested in his nonsense just put him to ignore and he'll disappear into nothingness.
    I know, but I wanted to point out that he is factually incorrect so that others who do read his comment can see that he is in fact lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    B-but I wanted to talk about cool messages
    You can do that with a wall. Not much of a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, but I wanted to point out that he is factually incorrect so that others who do read his comment can see that he is in fact lying.
    Oh I get you and I thought the same thing. Sadly, this guy is here just to post lies and misinformation. That's all he does.

- The Elwynn Forest ambush. [b]This is #1[/b]
    - Skirmishes by the Horde throughout the movie to gather prisoners to fuel the Dark Portal. - not a fighting scene
    - The canyon fight after Orgrim betrays Durotan. [b]#2[/b]
    - The massacre of the Frostwolf clan - not a fighting scene
    - Khadgar and Lothar fighting corrupted Medivh in Kharazan. - not a fighting scene
    - The battle of the Dark Portal [b]#3 and the last[/b]
    - The Mak'gora #1, #2 - not fighting scenes

- Skirmishes by the Horde throughout the movie to gather prisoners to fuel the Dark Portal. - not a fighting scene
    - Khadgar and Lothar fighting corrupted Medivh in Kharazan. - not a fighting scene
    "Yo the scenes where people are fighting? Yeah they aren't fighting scenes, duh"

10+ Year Old Account

Lol, this is rich, you do not even know what a fighting scene even is. Thanks for the good laugh.

Your logic in a nutshell: "They may be killing each other, but at least they are not fighting."

"Yo the scenes where people are fighting?"
    Keyword are "people". There should be some extras at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's possible but unlikely, imo. If they were going to do that with a film it would have been Angry birds. And that thing is sitting at 2x the rating of Warcraft.
    But the Angry Birds movie is a children's comedy movie. Obviously they went in thinking it would be non-serious...

Keyword are "people". There should be some extras at least.
    A fight is a fight, no matter how many people partake

10+ Year Old Account
    It made 1.5m on a monday. Its number one in 19 or 20 regions. Unfortunately those are smaller regions. Besides that article you found that on said it was a good day opening.

His camprip might have fewer scenes..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    US and UK. Big time films in the UK make $10M in a day. This film made $1.5M. And the projected opening for this movie, in the US, is less than Alice made this past weekend. Movies that do well in the US typically make at least 3x what they're projecting for Warcraft's opening weekend.

At least it's tracking well in China right?
    Not enough screens but I get your point. Should we even bother with second movie at this point, nevermind the forum? Fans came for first time. Fans will not come for second time if movie is this trashed and trashed it is. It has words like "dad". I really don't understand what was the plan here, outside of expensive CGI.

Deleted
    Then you have failed to put this standard into practice against the reviews that this movie has got on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. There is plenty of bias going on there, yet you are saying that you want unbiased opinions?
    Is this actual or imagined bias? I'm pretty sure the vast majority of reputable critics are taking this movie on it's merits as an actual movie and not as a video game tribute, whether positive or not.
    I'm fact, I think most critics don't give two shits about Warcraft history or about who the fanbase are. So these reviews are about as unbiased as it gets.
    I'll wait for Mark Kermode. I guarantee he rips this movie a new arsehole though.