Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I think what is going to hurt Warcraft in the states is the very limited amount of showtimes. I check most of the regional AMC theatres and they're all running 3-4x more screens for Conjuring 2 and NYSM2 than Warcraft.
    When I look at my local theatre's showings theres 12 showings of Conjuring 2 and 8 of warcraft today. But when I look at the seating availabilty, Warcraft has more seats taken at the 7:30 showing than all of Conjuring 2 combined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think you're confused as to how they do these things. If the demand for one film is down and its up for others you decrease the showtimes for the film people don't want to see and increase them for the films people are looking to check out... It's not complicated and it isn't a conspiracy.
    I think the complaint is more they don't know what the demand will be and so warcraft will have a poor opening weekend because there is less availability. Next week they may increase the showings based on the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isurith View Post
    Well, I just re-read some of the lore concerning Llane, Garona and Medhiv, and actually I think I prefer slightly the movie version of those characters.

Llane because even if he's bland in the movie, he was already in the lore anyway, and actually the movie gives him some credit for being really a "good character" trying to bring peace.

Garona because I prefer the idea of her being the daughter of Medhiv when he was on a journey through the Nether - because i don't care about a possible rape of a draenei (who care ?) and because the relation between them would've been FAAAAAAAR harder to explain and more messed up for everyone

And Medivh because almost everything is OK with him except that he has more control of himself than he should. But that's actually well deserving the movie, because if he was totally mind control from start to end on the movie, that would've been so obvious, and just giving him the role of a vilain, without anything more.
    See everyone is on this theroy that MEdivh traveled and came across the orcs, I think if anything he could be talking about night elves, Garonas mother was a dreanie if anyone paid attention the horn she was holding, it's not a orcish fang it was horn like fem dreanei have.

Also me and my friends talked about this, they talked about rape...just very very subtlely...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    See everyone is on this theroy that MEdivh traveled and came across the orcs, I think if anything he could be talking about night elves, Garonas mother was a dreanie if anyone paid attention the horn she was holding, it's not a orcish fang it was horn like fem dreanei have.

Also me and my friends talked about this, they talked about rape...just very very subtlely...
    She said (literally) that her necklace is her mother's TOOTH. In those words.
    And that clearly doesn't look like a Draenei Tooth. That's for me the only hint that can't deceive.

And the "rape" she hints about is that SHE get raped by orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isurith View Post
    She said (literally) that her necklace is her mother's TOOTH. In those words.
    And that clearly doesn't look like a Draenei Tooth. That's for me the only hint that can't deceive.

And the "rape" she hints about is that SHE get raped by orcs.
    yeah I know she was talkign about herself. And I know she says she was told that, but considering the opening with the dreanei and aswell the fact gul'dan is a manipulator....it's hard to believe..that is just my thought, there is no reason in changing her backstory, it's not pretty don't get me wrong, but Gul'dan is shwon to be a monster int he movie aswell so...idkk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They know the demand based on presales and walkups to the 7/12 showings last night. If they were slim to none on both fronts why would you lose money on empty theaters?
    You can only presale what you are going to have available. Its not like they sold seats then looked at the numbers and said oh lets cut this showing and refund all those people their money. Just a quick glance at my local theatre's available seating tells me they probably regret all the conjouring 2 showings today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDayne View Post
    I haven't insulted anyone, in fact I have lots of insults, curse-words directed at me, even someone changed my quote n called me a dickhead.

You don't report them.

What I said is more plausible n I explained it in detail, just because you don't like me, you report, lol? I haven't broken any rules.
    Cool story. But I guess you have a ban to enjoy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    Orgrim would (and does) have to kill Blackhand to become Warchief, not Gul'dan. Gul'dan is not the current Warchief, nor was supposed to be.
    Well, too bad Blackhand is dead already.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    That would kind of ruin the entire part where Orgrim manages to outplay Gul'dan, who then has to create the Warlocks to appease the new Warchief. Not to mention that the Tomb of Sargeras was pretty much the most ironic death that Gul'dan could have ever got. It was karma at its finest. It would also help establish Sargeras as the original source of the Fel as well as being the one who corrupted Medivh and invited the Orcs into Azeroth. Still, I get that this would be a bit tricky to pull off in one movie without it taking a lot of running time. Let's hope Duncan and the team finds a happy medium to solve this in the sequels.
    I think Orgrim should be the one to kill Gul'dan, tracking him down to the tomb. You could still apply karma by reveal how the tomb was nothing but a nest of lies and Gul'dan's whole mission to pursue "ultimate power" an absolutely hollow quest. With this realization Gul'dan would totally lose his cool and go nerdrage, trying to vomit his anger and hatred on Orgrim, the latter managing (in some way) to survive the warlock's tricks and bringing an end to the sucker once and for all.

It would strongly fit the cinematic universe considered how Orgrim got tricked and betrayed by Gul'dan in this first film, let alone killing Durotan in front of him, in a dishonorable manner moreover
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Garonas mother was a dreanie if anyone paid attention the horn she was holding, it's not a orcish fang it was horn like fem dreanei have.
    It's too small to be an adult draenei's horn. It's tusk shaped and clearly different in shape than the horns the draenei at the start of the movie had, plus it doesn't have the spiraling horn grooves either.

Last edited by Ultimacy; 2016-06-10 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I think what is going to hurt Warcraft in the states is the very limited amount of showtimes. I check most of the regional AMC theatres and they're all running 3-4x more screens for Conjuring 2 and NYSM2 than Warcraft.
    Conjuring was a North American box office phenomenon, does not make it a success in Europe and most of Asia, in fact it is not shown much there, and probably no China for Conjuring

So Conjuring 2 can only bank on North America including the US market. So I pity them.

Its funny how people have always complained at how clean the human's armor was. Can we just talk about how clean Durotan's hair is?

Just saw the film a 2nd time at the theater, this time with a friend of mine who doesn't know nothing about Warcraft.

I loved the film just like the 1st time, and that was obvious to me lol

The interesting thing is my friend's reaction though.
    He absolutely LOVED the movie. He wanted to see a sequel right as soon as the film ended.

Some interesting things:

What he liked:
    - he loved Durotan and was surprised at his death scene. . He was his favorite character of the movie.
    - he liked a lot Lothar's character arc, especially his dynamic with Khadgar. He thinks the coolest thing of Lothar is the actor's strong performance and the fact his warrior side is showed perfectly, especially how he fights "astutely" in kinda every scene.
    - He thinks Khadgar is a bad-ass mage. He prefers him to Medivh, although he liked also the Guardian's story. He thinks magic in the film was awesome.
    - very interesting thing, he loved King Llane's character. He expected him to be a cliched naive King who commits many mistakes and don't listen to wise advices (King Terenas?), but he actually is always wise and essentially a good guy, and his last scene was really emotional to him. He loved how this young King didn't think twice to sacrifice himself for the good of his people
    - He liked Garona and her arc, especially her last scenes in the film
    - He liked Gul'dan and Blackhand
    - He found every VFX in the film to be great and realistic
    - He liked the main theme of the score, and he thinks the music fits perfectly with the scenes, although he didn't notice many other themes

What he didn't like:

- He noticed a scene was weirdly cut at a certain point
    - He wasn't impressed by Orgrim's character
    - I had to explain him a thing about the demon taking possession of Medivh

He understood everything about the film even without knowing the game, with the exception of Sargeras scene. If it's actually Sargeras lol

He fell in love with Warcraft film and now understand why I love Warcraft. He wants the extended edition and a sequel.
    He was genuinely shocked at how great the movie was for him

Posted in the other thread, but I just saw it earlier, some notes I had

Cons: The humans city was a bit meh, and some of the armor could use polishing. It is one of the few movies that could do with being longer as you get bits and pieces of characters but it doesn't have the time to go in depth (which also made it feel a bit disorienting as it moved rapidly through scenes).

Pros: The orcs were AMAZING, you could see the feelings, they were visually phenomenal (the best CGI to date), the combat was awesome, and it had the best magic I have ever seen in a movie. The story was enjoyable, not amazing, not something brand new, but good, and it didn't have the typical happy ending.

Overall 8/10, if I wasn't a warcraft player would probably bump it down to 7/10.

Also Daniel Wu as Guldan was fucking amazing, like holy shit. Also Clauncy fucking brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

yeah I know she was talkign about herself. And I know she says she was told that, but considering the opening with the dreanei and aswell the fact gul'dan is a manipulator....it's hard to believe..that is just my thought, there is no reason in changing her backstory, it's not pretty don't get me wrong, but Gul'dan is shwon to be a monster int he movie aswell so...idkk.
    Medivh is definitely Garona's father in the movie-verse. Confirmed in the novelization.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Its funny how people have always complained at how clean the human's armor was. Can we just talk about how clean Durotan's hair is?

They used a program called HairCraft. Lol

I am really stoked about seeing Tauren in live action, really North American Native tribal vibe here!

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    They used a program called HairCraft. Lol

I am really stoked about seeing Tauren in live action, really North American Native tribal vibe here!
    All I am saying is that these brutes shouldn't have such clean hair XDD

Brutes? You really gotta watch those microaggressions >:/

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually people are messing too much with their hair. The fact is, if you don't wash your hair for like 3-4 months, it gets better. A lot better. First couple of months it'll look like complete shit, but as the time moves on, it'll look pretty much pristine. I'm not talking Loreal-hair here, but it will look clean and be quite soft to the touch. It's just that we westerners mess to much with our hair, so if you don't shower for like a couple of days, your hair becomes tangled oily mess. It's as offtopic as it gets, but there's something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimacy View Post
    Brutes? You really gotta watch those microaggressions >:/
    ugh! I hate microtransactions!..... wah? what? OH! microaggressions.... nvm.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thontor View Post
    Medivh is definitely Garona's father in the movie-verse. Confirmed in the novelization.
    Wait what?

So she's half human half... draenei?

And how did Medivh conceiver her?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Wait what?

So she's half human half... draenei?

And how did Medivh conceiver her?
    Her mother was an orc, hence the tusk necklace. Or did you think that was a draenei tusk?

Medivh "travelled to the end of the world to find love", that means Draenor.

Sargeras probably led him there.

So looks like Warcraft may reach $320M worldwide by the end of this weekend.