Quote Originally Posted by Isurith View Post
    I'm like 100% sure if Warcraft was released at the time of LOTR and LOTR (at least episode 1) today, we would bash LOTR for being "long and boring" and comparing it to Warcraft.
    Yep, pretty much
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes I get this, and it is especially because of how the novel describes the relationship between Durotan and Doomhammer, that I feel they utterly shafted Orgrim in the movie.
    I understand wishing there was more Orgrim. I don't disagree.

But he's definitely not pointless in the movie.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    When doing in a movie based on a book or game, you're also trying to appeal to an audience that hasn't heard about it. It's iconic to fans of Warcraft, but you're not just selling a movie to fans.
    And that's exactly why they chose Orcs and Humans,- the absolutely most iconic warcraft element. If you were to explain Warcraft to a person who'd never heard of it before, you'd tell them about orcs and humans - otherwise you are doing it wrong.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    And look how well the movie is doing amongst movie critics. Sure, the fans are liking it, but it's not doing so well outside of that.
    Who, honestly, cares about critics? If the fans like it, and it's making millions - then it's a succes. The critics are, somewhat, pointless. All that really matters is the revenue based on the fans/viewers. The movie is an enourmous, financial, succes.

If they do a squeal, I honestly hope it's not about Orcs. There's so many other, more interesting characters and stories. I'm sick of Orcs in the game and I'm sick of them in the movie.

I don't even know why they felt the need to start from the beginning of the story for the movie.
    Hollywood is now gradually doing what is called spin offs.

Movies that follow characters that had little importance in the original trilogy

Starwars - guys like Boba Fett, Jabba the Hut, those guys in Rogue One and so on

I think you mean spin offs but those are only possible IF the original movies are a success.

So you better hope that the main Horde vs main Alliance are a success. and at its front are the ORCS.

Deleted
    China Saturday estimated
    Warcraft 21M$/145M$

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Making millions doesn't make it a good movie. I'll take quailty or quantity. Hell, look at Michael Bay movies. Most are utter shit but do well at the box office, so he's able to keep milking out more equaling shit sequels. People see it for the eye candy CGI effects and the primary school dialogue.
    Money equals succes. It's that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yvaelle actually explained it quite nicely in a previous discussion between us. I agree with most points made by him:
    While I agree with Yvaelle's sentiment, this simply does not apply to the WarCraft movie. WarCraft 1 is not the beginning of the beginning of the story of Azeroth. The universe has thousands of years of history and mythology built in before the events of WarCraft: Orcs and Humans even began. Having the story begin with WarCraft 1 makes perfect sense if you would want to start anywhere, because it establishes the core concept of the series. So this argument makes no sense within the context of this film.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ouch. Starting to look like it won't be beating F7.
    Yea it definitely won't beat FF7, estimated 200M$ end next week, hope the fans from China will rewatch it)

Talking about missing scenes setting up character relations in prior adventures in terms of Lothar/Llane/Medivh:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Warcraft-Movie
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...l-life-azeroth

All this potential is missing. I first thought (because I only read of the term) the troll raid would somehow occour during the main plot, would be like 10m on top of the extra 40 that won't be missed when it comes to character stuff and would be just a mid film action scene. Not interpreting too much into it. But scenes like this would have helped this movie a lot. Make us care more about (especially!!!!) the human characters.

Whoever made those stupid decisions of cutting out stuff like that: Don't give that guy a single paycheck.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-06-11 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Warcraft only did $10.7M in the US for Friday(includes Thursday's $3.1M in the total).
    US BO sucks.....

Deleted
    Except for the part where each $1 spent at it nets the studios closer to $1.50 because of merchandising and DVD sales.
    I know that I meant the numbers suck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Making millions doesn't make it a good movie. I'll take quailty or quantity. Hell, look at Michael Bay movies. Most are utter shit but do well at the box office, so he's able to keep milking out more equally shit sequels. People see it for the eye candy CGI effects and the primary school dialogue.
    Considering how a Michael Bay production got a better reception with TMNT 2 coming out at the same time as the WarCraft movie, I would frankly take the critics' opinions with a grain of salt.

Deleted
    Yeah, right now we're looking at $20-$25M for the weekend.
    Thar's it..with a total of 60-80M

Arguments of how well or not the movie was, you can't make that opinion without seeing it. That being said I find it really sad that more people apparently want to watch jump scare BS(Conjuring) than a potentially entertaining story.

10+ Year Old Account
    The excessively unwarranted negative reviews are hurting it in the US, big surprise.

Deleted
    I thought it was average. Which is miles better than what I expected it to be, so I'm fine with that.

Should have made the humans CGI. And made them bulkier and more brutal. The orcs were kind of too big compared to them. Should have also cut the magic a bit. Too much of it. And too much instant travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    The excessively unwarranted negative reviews are hurting it in the US, big surprise.
    It's downright depressing how a few dozen critics parttaking in a creative writing contest send this movie on it's course to the box office floor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    I thought it was average. Which is miles better than what I expected it to be, so I'm fine with that.

Should have made the humans CGI. And made them bulkier and more brutal. The orcs were kind of too big compared to them. Should have also cut the magic a bit. Too much of it. And too much instant travel.
    yeah we get it, got watch lotr instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    lol, I am sorry. But that comparison is like calling it the Battlefield Earth of our century.
    Ironically enough I'm pretty sure one reviewer drew that comparison. Whether you like it or not, the film is just a rushed collection of scenes as opposed to a properly fleshed out story. There's problems right from the story, characterisation and final edit of this film. I went with a few friends who knew nothing about Warcraft and they were thoroughly confused about what the hell was happening. I've read the books multiple times and was aware of what was going on but it was extremely irritating to see the film just jump from one place to the other because it had to adhere to a specific length. All the characterisation was dropped in exchange for action. Never a good move since as a viewer it's difficult to give a shit about said action.

Deleted
    Ouch. Starting to look like it won't be beating F7.
    It's still possible, F7 opening week was $182M and Warcraft drop was actually lower than expected.