Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It sure is. It's too bad it reinforces the idea that Warcraft fans can only get plastic women.
    It's just an old stereotype that gamers are only guys without a personal life

Okay, predictions for China's final gross?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    Rule of thumb: 1st day is 20% of the overall gross. So somewhere around 250m.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess would be somewhere between 250-350 million USD. That is just a guess on my part, though. We'll see how it goes. *holds tight in my WarCraft sequel lottery ticket*

Deleted
    Some numbers from a box office forum

Th drop for Saturday isn't 40% but 34% so it did better
    Last edited by mmoc193995c0cb; 2016-06-11 at 08:29 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw the movie and it actually pleasantly surprised me how good it was. As a Warcraft fan it was amazing, and even people new to wow would like it - which is as much as you can expect from a game movie. I had my doubts but was proved wrong. I loved it.

Also, if you have or haven't seen the movie yet, I HIGHLY recommend Christie Golden's Warcraft: Durotan book that recently came out. It's the pre-quel to the movie. There is a book novelization of the movie also which came out recently not to be confused with, and particularly the prequel is great and covers Durotan and the Frostwolves, along with Gul'dan, Garona, etc. up to the start of the movie. Even knowing the lore I thought the prequel story was great and added a lot to enjoying the movie.

Just saw it at the 12:45 PM Saturday Show here in the US (I enjoyed it). I have never seen a movie theater that empty on an opening weekend. For seating for about 300 people and there was may be 40 there.

If that's any indication there will not be a sequel.
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 2016-06-11 at 08:34 PM.

Regarding the big chinese box office. They probably had a way better marketing campaign over there right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It sure is. It's too bad it reinforces the idea that Warcraft fans can only get plastic women.
    I would be more worried if every guy in that picture had a plastic female doll with them. Luckily that was the only guy there. You need to be a certain type of outcast to reach that point that he has.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://kotaku.com/counterpoint-the-w...ood-1781805845

Well, Kotaku sure does know how to generate that ad revenue, double dipping from both sides of the debate.

Hats off to Mike Fahey, though. He's one of the few reasons to ever read Kotaku, and he certainly does know his Warcraft lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    The more i read the more i see a failure.

It's really sad. Since this was the only chance for Videogame movies to actually do things right. But it seems it won't happen. If it's already a failure in the US there won't be anything to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post

It's really sad. Since this was the only chance for Videogame movies to actually do things right. But it seems it won't happen. If it's already a failure in the US there won't be anything to do.
    SO you didn't really see the movie then?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    No. I didn't see it. I see no reason to see a movie that has all the points of being a failure.

It's like watching a dying pacient.

Deleted
    No. I didn't see it. I see no reason to see a movie that has all the points of being a failure.

You are the worst kind of troll, sir.

Sitting in the theater with our kids right now. 20 mins till Warcraft starts. They gave out free copies of the game to each of us.

There are only a handful of people here besides us. I am actually pumped for the movie!

Our kids are very hyped.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-06-11 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone know where you get the 500 million to break even figure from? No sources provided.

If it's true then truly we can say goodbye to Warcraft 3.

10+ Year Old Account

Why are you even here when you have not even bothered watching the movie or are planning to support it by going to the theatres? With that kind of attitude no video game movie will ever succeed if you sit at home complaining about them not getting enough support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sitting in the theater with our kids right now. 20 mins till Warcraft starts. They gave out free copied of the game to each of us.

There are only a handful of people here besides us. I am actually pumped for the movie!

Our kids are very hyped.
    Hope you guys have fun then!

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    I saw the movie and the theater was less than 20% capacity on opening weekend. That sounds like a failure at the box office which is what he meant, not that the movie is bad. Fucked by the critics.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand this point. I enjoyed the movie but it sets up for a sequel which won't come which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sitting in the theater with our kids right now. 20 mins till Warcraft starts. They gave out free copies of the game to each of us.

Our kids are very hyped.
    Have a great time!!