Deleted
    Dvd's are as dead as VHS tapes, arent they?

I got a free DVD with a purchase a while ago and when I was home later that night and I thought about it, I realised none of my hardware can even play Dvd's, CD's or CD-Roms anymore.

Hurled it right into the plastic bin.

Deleted
    The movie had like no promo over here in sweden except social media promo facebook/instagram etc. I haven't seen a commercial on tv once and there was a total of 1 poster in my city and that was outside the cinema here. Despite that it's still doing good now after 3 weeks. 390 tickets out of 420 was sold out today at imax and most of the evening showings around the country are atleast half sold out, and we have the english version so i have no idea why no one from US is checking this movie out.

Deleted
    But but but you can play DVDs in a Blu-ray player..so stores should stop selling DVD players n DVDROMS...
    Also Blu-ray discs r really cheap now n u can get moar xtra-material...so what is the hold-up..

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    But but but you can play DVDs in a Blu-ray player..so stores should stop selling DVD players n DVDROMS...
    Also Blu-ray discs r really cheap now n u can get moar xtra-material...so what is the hold-up..
    So? There's a bunch of cars out there that are cheap and could be an upgrade to yours or one of us. Mine works just fine. Takes me from point A to point B. Oh the other one has a better looking exterior? power windows? Do I really NEED to spend money (Doesn't matter if its cheap) in order to have a glorified version of what I already own? Think of all the upgrading you'd have to do. PC, Living Room System, Bedrooms... I can understand people not jumping in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taro10 View Post
    So? There's a bunch of cars out there that are cheap and could be an upgrade to yours or one of us. Mine works just fine. Takes me from point A to point B. Oh the other one has a better looking exterior? power windows? Do I really NEED to spend money (Doesn't matter if its cheap) in order to have a glorified version of what I already own? Think of all the upgrading you'd have to do. PC, Living Room System, Bedrooms... I can understand people not jumping in.
    Your comparison is absolutely retarded. A car is extremely expensive. It takes months for a regular person to save up to get a decent car. blu-rays are dirty-cheap, though. I could buy 20 right now, and I'm a poor student. If new cars cost the same as blu-rays, you bet your fucking ass people would upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    the hold up is that unlike vhs to dvd where that was your only option, people now have computers.

most people dont buy dvds OR blu rays unless they really like the movie. and in that case the poorer families buy dvds, and the high end collectors buy blu rays.

either way theyre both pretty expensive.

i saw deadpool the other day and it was almost 40$ for the blu ray.

im not paying 40$ for a movie.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Your comparison is absolutely retarded. A car is extremely expensive. It takes months for a regular person to save up to get a decent car. blu-rays are dirty-cheap, though. I could buy 20 right now, and I'm a poor student. If new cars cost the same as blu-rays, you bet your fucking ass people would upgrade.
    You clearly didn't get the point I was trying to make... The point I was trying to make is why would people who have DvD players waste money for a BluRay? Might I remind you that BluRay is worthless with a shit TV. So there's a lot of factors involved. I see you didn't get my point though. Try learning some Economics about Wants vs Needs and also Tradeoffs... Good Day.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Thats great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotun View Post
    I get your point, but I feel like MOST changes you mention are made out of practical reasons. I suggest you read this http://io9.gizmodo.com/director-dunc...ion-1781663557 . Especially the first answer and the second paragraph of that.
    SNIP....
    I've read it. I just don't entirely agree with it. IF something as massive and story driven as say, Harry Potter, if they can stick so close to the story then warcraft as simple as it already was and for as small a time frame as they focused on. They could have done better and stuck more with the story that hooked gamers in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I've read it. I just don't entirely agree with it. IF something as massive and story driven as say, Harry Potter, if they can stick so close to the story then warcraft as simple as it already was and for as small a time frame as they focused on. They could have done better and stuck more with the story that hooked gamers in the first place.
    Except the story is simple only because how they chose to portray it. If you were to go deeper, you'd have to explain the Burning Legion and that means explaining Sargeras, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde(possibly), Mannoroth (and how they all individually interacted with eachother and Gul'dan etc) to make sense of everything that follows. I.e. the blood drinking, the corruption of Medivh (Aegwynn and all that stuff), the reasoning for why they wanted to corrupt the orcs to invade azeroth in the first place and everything else around it. It's just too much. This what he means when he says it's gonna be like going down a rabbit hole. I completely get the reasoning and I just don't see how it could've been done any other way for it to work as a film for the general audience, not just fans. I you can't see this I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotun View Post
    Except the story is simple only because how they chose to portray it. If you were to go deeper, you'd have to explain the Burning Legion and that means explaining Sargeras, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde(possibly), Mannoroth (and how they all individually interacted with eachother and Gul'dan etc) to make sense of everything that follows. I.e. the blood drinking, the corruption of Medivh (Aegwynn and all that stuff), the reasoning for why they wanted to corrupt the orcs to invade azeroth in the first place and everything else around it. It's just too much. This what he means when he says it's gonna be like going down a rabbit hole. I completely get the reasoning and I just don't see how it could've been done any other way for it to work as a film for the general audience, not just fans. I you can't see this I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    I don't think so.

Demons are inherirently viewed as evil. Any mention of them would carry that connotation to damn near everyone. I think a great tie in for orcs and demons was the tie in of them drinking the blood of mannoroth from Gul'dan. This would have tied Gul'dan ot the demons, showed the orcs exactly like they were in the lore (thus sticking to the story more) and connected them to why medivh opened the door on the other side (another demon not just fel). There needed to be more of connection there for the two and the lore story did it better. No reason to lose that in adaption as it carries so much weight for making that connection and why things went as they did. Instead they just left it to "fel" and a very unexplained medivh.

You don't need to know everything about the king pins but you need to know they are there and not left as warcraft did it.

You're right though. We're not likely to agree on it being changed. I've always thought it to pivotal to orcs to leave out.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-06-19 at 12:00 AM.

I don't think so.

Demons are inherirently viewed as evil. Any mention of them would carry that connotation to damn near everyone. I think a great tie in for orcs and demons was the tie in of them drinking the blood of mannoroth from Gul'dan. This would have tied Gul'dan ot the demons, showed the orcs exactly like they were in the lore (thus sticking to the story more) and connected them to why medivh opened the door on the other side (another demon not just fel). There needed to be more of connection there for the two and the lore story did it better. No reason to lose that in adaption as it carries so much weight for making that connection and why things went as they did. Instead they just left it to "fel" and a very unexplained medivh.

You don't need to know everything about the king pins but you need to know they are there and not left as warcraft did it.

You're right though. We're not likely to agree on it being changed. I've always thought it to pivotal to orcs to leave out.
    it wasnt left out, it just wasnt shown yet.

i dont know why people keep thinking the orcs never drank the demon blood.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I wonder how long this thread will last. At this point reaching 400m worldwide seems to be a struggle. Well I hope Blizzard is happy ...coz they had such high standard.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    I wonder how long this thread will last. At this point reaching 400m worldwide seems to be a struggle. Well I hope Blizzard is happy ...coz they had such high standard.
    We are at $352m+ right now so... what are you talking about? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it wasnt left out, it just wasnt shown yet.

i dont know why people keep thinking the orcs never drank the demon blood.

Because it clearly shows in movie how "green Orcs" are made. If orcs drank demon blood, you would think Garona would know what a demon looked like. Movie doesn't even bother to explain why so many Orcs are brown skinned including Blackhand..

I don't think so.

I still find the problem of if you're going introduce those characters, you've got to explain why they are doing what they are doing. You can't just show them and show that they're evil and then just let them do what they do (i.e. making a puppet out of Gul'dan do to their bidding). You also gotta tell WHY, and how Medivh got possessed by Sargeras through Aegwynn and so forth. Don't you see how much time this will take? How much backstory they have to delve into, not to mention fast forward in time A LOT, just to get to actual plot of the current film? That is, if you're going to do it in a coherent enough way (which takes time) to not confuse the general audience. I just don't see it. It's like trying to tell two films in one go, one is all the backstory and then the rest is the film we've got now. Anyway, I guess you've just made up your mind so I won't take this any further now unless something changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it clearly shows in movie how "green Orcs" are made. If orcs drank demon blood, you would think Garona would know what a demon looked like. Movie doesn't even bother to explain why so many Orcs are brown skinned including Blackhand..
    I actually saw Duncan respond to somebody asking about why Blackhand wasn't green and he said that was explained in a deleted scene (if I remember correctly).

I don't think so.

At this point, all we have is regret. Movie was doomed from start when they decided to "cover" all sides. They should have done a 10 min intro on creation of horde and why they were invading Azeroth. Then they should focused strictly on human side of story with Garona providing sympathetic Orcish angle. You know, a story with characters and not cut scenes. In CA:CW, you have shit load of characters but they all have been established in other movies.

At this point, all we have is regret. Movie was doomed from start when they decided to "cover" all sides. They should have done a 10 min intro on creation of horde and why they were invading Azeroth. Then they should focused strictly on human side of story with Garona providing sympathetic Orcish angle. You know, a story with characters and not cut scenes. In CA:CW, you have shit load of characters but they all have been established in other movies.
    Whoa there, your idea would have created a movie that appealed to the masses but not Metzen. No way that would have ever happened as his head is too far up Thrall's ass.