Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    Apparently it's a trope that dates back to Athena in Homer's Iliad.
    Glowing eyes as in bright eyes in the darkness are as old as life is, many animals' eyes have that effect.

Spotlights for eyes, that's harder to say, but probably as old as language. Some caveman must have thought of someone having literal fire in his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomeye View Post
    The Warcraft fans ARE the worst critics. Most of them DO NOT understand that this is a movie made for the general public, not for them.
    I'm a Warcraft fan and I'm more than pleased with the look of the movie so far, especially as far as the story goes. People need to understand sometimes changes NEED to happen in order to help the narrative in the movie, which is why I'm not one of those people who are raging that Tom Bobadil wasn't in LotR or Peeves the Poltergeist in Harry Potter.
    In Warcraft's case, I think it actually improved the story and fixed a few plot holes.

Oh btw, story will be cannon in the MOVIE UNIVERSE, like Marvel movies. It's not gonna overwrite the game/novel lore, that's staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomeye View Post
    It will be a huge succes because they all expect it to be an Epic FAIL!
    Much like Zootopia, where people were screaming "eeeeeeeeeeew ugh furries! furfag epic fail!" BS and instead we get one of the, if not, THE best movies of the year, before it even begun. =)

Deleted
    What is up with Durotan's eyes in "trailer D"? When he is in the mountain pass and they zoom in on him they look disconnected/wrong in some way. Does anyone else notice that?

Deleted
    If the film gets positive reviews before June 10th, then it will surely be quite a big success everywhere.
    If it gets negative reviews, China will probably still save it.

15+ Year Old Account
    So where does this opinion come from that basically anything goes in china? They are people too with actual brains, you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    So where does this opinion come from that basically anything goes in china? They are people too with actual brains, you know.
    Because in China Warcraft is promoted and being promoted as Star Wars was promoted in the USA last year. It doesn't matter if the movie is good or sucks. It still will make a lot of money because it's so anticipated and promoted, and the marketing there worked perfectly.

Quite the opposite - due to their harsh censorship, movies are either heavily edited or outright banned, while a lot of people (particularly young ones) love western blockbusters. It's not that they'll watch anything, it's just that there's a smaller pool of movies to choose from combined with a huge population. Chinese revenue is keeping a lot of franchises alive, even if they were universally critically panned (like Transformers). Not to mention that WoW is huge in China. It's basically what Starcraft is to South Korea and Star Wars is to the western world.
    Last edited by CthulhuFhtagn; 2016-03-28 at 06:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    Not to mention that WoW is huge in China. It's basically what Starcraft is to South Korea and Star Wars is to the western world.
    I'm just not seeing it. From all the sources I've seen china has around the same server activity than U.S (hard to find reliable numbers) with way bigger total population. I wouldn't call it in any way huge, I mean it's doing good but not compared to EU or US.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus94 View Post
    "Because in China Warcraft is promoted and being promoted as Star Wars was promoted in the USA last year..." "...and the marketing there worked perfectly."
    Based on what? No way to know if the marketing worked yet. And to be fair, china hasn't had any more victorious track record with film adaptions of video games either.

Edit: Wait, you mean star wars marketing worked? Anyway, it still doesn't prove that it will work with warcraft.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2016-03-28 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    is this the day the new trailer drops ? guess we will find out in like 9 hours

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    at this rate i start thinking they will never drop new proper second trailer. it looks like all their trailer makers became autists that can't mash and properly edit the full-length 2:30 min trailer. what a shame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    at this rate i start thinking they will never drop new proper second trailer. it looks like all their trailer makers became autists that can't mash and properly edit the full-length 2:30 min trailer. what a shame.
    I bet they read all the "constructive criticism" and are now just super conscious about themselves.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just not seeing it. From all the sources I've seen china has around the same server activity than U.S (hard to find reliable numbers) with way bigger total population. I wouldn't call it in any way huge, I mean it's doing good but not compared to EU or US.

Based on what? No way to know if the marketing worked yet. And to be fair, china hasn't had any more victorious track record with film adaptions of video games either.

Edit: Wait, you mean star wars marketing worked? Anyway, it still doesn't prove that it will work with warcraft.
    having you read about warcraft 3 being actively alive in china? and played by many?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgBPaj4o5KY

and yeah it is very huge in china

Deleted
    Today they just released an Orgrim's gif.

https://twitter.com/warcraftmovie/st...28493426450432

Deleted
    That looks so bad...

Deleted
    I remember Catching Fire promotion: one week they released day by day a pic of a different character portrait on a chair (all well designed), then another week they released the main characters in warrior suits, then never-seen-before gifs from the film, etc.
    They were cool pics, like wallpaper material. The promotional images we get with Warcraft's marketing are instead just pics that we will forget soon and with low definition (I'm talking about the SinCity-like pics and today's gif).

I hope the marketing department will do a better job in April and May

15+ Year Old Account
    Expecting a massive improvement on the marketing any more at this point is like waiting for Jesus to reborn. I mean I'll be surprised as fuck but somehow I just don't see it happening.

That's not even a gif. The background is moving but they just photoshopped Orgrim in there.

Deleted
    How much do you think the movie needs to gross WW for them to make the trilogi happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Uthar View Post
    How much do you think the movie needs to gross WW for them to make the trilogi happen?
    Anything above 400M will do.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My eyes hurt because of these depressive daily poorly done promos. Imagine if they did promo campaign for the LotR. They would post Gandalf close up face with the slogan "Grow the beard" 100%. I really want to punch those who stand behind this awful promo campaign into the faces. They deserve all criticism they get about this twitter promo stuff. This pic with Orgrim and that pointless slogan just depressing not exciting.