Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    Nah, it is actually doing decently if you consider it on its last legs, last week or two.

They just cut back on showtime, theaters that used to show it 13 times a day now are showing it 4 or 5 times, shifting towards Indy Day 2, NYSM 2 and Dory.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not want to call them idiots but they are not scheduling it right towards the end.

Warcraft could at least survive another 2 weeks with decent show time around 12 percent of all showtime.

Independence Day and that Illusionist movie are not that good, and Dory is declining, having only made 28 million in 8-9 days.
    You think it can reach 1500M RMB?
    Dory ID floped NYSM was frontloaded I think

theaters that used to show it 13 times a day now are showing it 4 or 5 times
    You tend to do that if you have a 200 seat IMAX hall but only 15 people visit each screening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    I think it has a chance to overtake Zootopia comfortably, now it is a tossup.

frontloading is not the answer either, I am not sure as how to not frontload but get these results or even better outcome.

at the end of the day you have to be satisfied with 225-230 million, it has done great in China.

Deleted
    I think it has a chance to overtake Zootopia comfortably, now it is a tossup.

frontloading is not the answer either, I am not sure as how to not frontload but get these results or even better outcome.

at the end of the day you have to be satisfied with 225-230 million, it has done great in China.
    Sure that I am satisfied with the BO in China, my problem is that WC is almost out of stamina in most of the markets, yes we have some new markets next week but due to the flop in US the film needs more WW, just to be sure that we'll get another sequel that will b greenlit soon not after a few years)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    He knew that the studio wanted a 2h movie, so he should've made it around that constraint. Cutting out pieces had lead to the movie story being illogical and characters shallow. There is no excuse to overstep the limits.
    lol do you have a source that shows that they agreed on a 2h movie prior shooting? Do you even know how movies are made? If all that extra material was shot is because it was greenlit by the producers/Studio. They have ways to meansure film length by the script. Also, every film has a good amount of material not making to final cut. Pieces of dialog, entire scenes, or even a whole secondary character arc.

What likely happened is that the Studio felt the movie would fare better as a fast paced action movie after seeing Jones finished cut. This might even have happen because the movie release was delayed and they decided to change it to something more fiting to a summer movie (in their heads).

Edit: if you didnt like the way the movie was cut, then you have to blame producers/Studio as this was their work. There's a lot in the film some people didnt like that your can blame DJ for. That is not one of them.
    Last edited by Faier; 2016-06-26 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faier View Post
    lol do you have a source that shows that they agreed on a 2h movie prior shooting? Do you even know how movies are made? If all that extra material was shot is because it was greenlit by the producers/Studio. They have ways to meansure film length by the script. Also, every film has a good amount of material not making to final cut. Pieces of dialog, entire scenes, or even a whole secondary character arc.

What likely happened is that the Studio felt the movie would fare better as a fast paced action movie after seeing Jones finished cut. This might even have happen because the movie release was delayed and they decided to change it to something more fiting to a summer movie (in their heads).

Edit: if you didnt like the way the movie was cut, then you have to blame producers/Studio as this was their work. There's a lot in the film some people didnt like that your can blame DC for. That is not one of them.
    He's a well known troll, just letting you know in advance so you don't waste too much effort on him.

He is a 'commander', but we don't see him being in command of anything in the movie.
    Many people noted that Universal prefers their movies under 2 hours, especially in the Summer.
    You saw Aragon making command decisions in LOTR? How about recent GoT show? What exactly did Jon Snow do?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    You saw Aragon making command decisions in LOTR?
    I haven't seen GoT, but Aragorn has been a prominent commander in the field with the other Captains of the West. It is probably depicted in the movie, but I don't remember it well.

Just saw the movie, I enjoyed it because I expected it to be lame. It's fast paced regarding the story so if someone doesn't know jack about the franchise they will be confused.

Sure that I am satisfied with the BO in China, my problem is that WC is almost out of stamina in most of the markets, yes we have some new markets next week but due to the flop in US the film needs more WW, just to be sure that we'll get another sequel that will b greenlit soon not after a few years)
    If Universal do not want green light a sequel immediately, I am sure other studios will be in negotiations, the Warcraft IP is more than decent, and if a sequel is improved with better actors and better storytelling, and massive marketing in the US, then we will be talking better returns.

People are too focused on Universal

Also take in consideration Avatar 2 sequel took more than 6 years to make. (2017 or 2018) and the first one came out 2009.

Box Office has little to do with production.
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-25 at 11:17 PM.

I cried towards the end of the Warcraft movie.

Really appreciated Warcraft.
    As it showed me how some of the lore fits into the game, which I have been playing for the last 8 years.

I think if you did'nt play WOW you would enjoy the movie less.
    And probably this is the reason quite a few critics have panned the movie. Because they do not play WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Just saw the movie, I enjoyed it because I expected it to be lame. It's fast paced regarding the story so if someone doesn't know jack about the franchise they will be confused.
    This is a common misconception among people who know the franchise I've noticed (regarding the confusion). This isn't the case, as many non-warcraft fans have noted, they understood the story. The basic story is pretty simple and easy to grasp without any background knowledge. I think we as warcraft fans tend to think it's more complicated because we DO KNOW the backstory with the burning legion and all the characters backgrounds. This isn't necessary to know to not be confused though. It's been noted by many non-warcraft fans already, among others people I personally know.

If Universal do not want green light a sequel immediately, I am sure other studios will be in negotiations, the Warcraft IP is more than decent, and if a sequel is improved with better actors and better storytelling, and massive marketing in the US, then we will be talking better returns.

People are too focused on Universal

Also take in consideration Avatar 2 sequel took more than 6 years to make. (2017 or 2018) and the first one came out 2009.

Box Office has little to do with production.
    Yea but Cameron is filming all 4 sequels at the same time and not back to back. Not really sure that works for your time frame here.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-how-jam...r-s-1771698994

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In between expeditions to the bottom of the deepest parts of the ocean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O94_pm56CIQ
    SNIP...
    That guy is truly - the man.

I haven't seen GoT, but Aragorn has been a prominent commander in the field with the other Captains of the West. It is probably depicted in the movie, but I don't remember it well.
    Ofourse you don't. You are just to clever for your own silliness. Now do you need donation to watch a movie in theater? I hear finding dory is doing well..

definitely frontloaded

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Yea but Cameron is filming all 4 sequels at the same time and not back to back. Not really sure that works for your time frame here.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-how-jam...r-s-1771698994
    Ok. Thanks. Not sure if he could film them equally well.

This is why the movie did so well in China

So AWESOME
    Last edited by Tornwar; 2016-06-26 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post

https://youtu.be/lAS7i-72yVw

So AWESOME
    Lol I thought this was about anti-piracy at first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post

https://youtu.be/lAS7i-72yVw

So AWESOME
    Aw what the, kind of jealous!

Cheesy, but very enjoyable.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In between expeditions to the bottom of the deepest parts of the ocean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O94_pm56CIQ

- - - Updated - - -

The question is whether Legendary will want to make another one more than Universal. They're the ones who currently have the movie rights for production.
    Jungle Book is an open IP so there will a number of films being made for example.

Actor portraying Gollum will be the director

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2388771/?ref_=nv_sr_3

I can imagine Blizzard working with more than just one or two major studios.