Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Saw it!

9/10 Visuals
    9/10 Action
    2/10 Story
    5/10 Script.

DAMN! Loved this movie, the .... Story inaccuracies didn't bother me as much as much as the way Llane dies. They took all of the emotion out of it, and made it seem like something happy. Not only that, but the fact that Stormwind didn't burn, and the fact that nobody cared when Llane died really broke my immersion, and made the ending feel dull.

I think that it would have been really awesome if Lothar retrieved young Varian, maybe Queen Taria, and Khadgar, got on boats, and fled. What would have made things feel better is if you slowly saw Stormwind's decay, as it became crowded with refugees trying to get on a boat out, finally, with Garona stabbing Llane in the neck with her dagger, just like in the canon story, while Llane is trying to hold the city so the citizens of Azeroth can flee to new shores.

"nobody cared" yeah, 'cause it totally didn't have a funeral nor did it cause the formation of the Alliance to happen...

SW going to shit can still happen, you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    just got back from a 7 pm 3D showing of the movie. i liked it. the small Lore changes didnt really change the main story to much

friend mostly complained about Dalaran lol
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

As a lot of people said, the movie looks pretty good, but the pacing and the editing just kills it, It's so fucking bad, it's like a huge story compressed into a 2h film, the scenes are all over the place, I understand why people who are not fans are thrashing this movie.

The movie was amazing. I loved it. Everyone needs to keep in mind that it's set up for a lot of sequels. This is just The Beginning : )

I was confused by the person in the black box that Kahdgar sees was it Alodi or Aegwynn? because Alodi is a Male in the game universe and the person was corrupted kinda like how Aegwynn was when she gave birth to Medivh making him corrupted?

They do not even need the Overall Box Office

Toys, T-shirts, books, graphic novels, more WOW subscription, utensils, products, merchandise, Soundtrack and especially Blueray sale will make a ton!

that is a well oiled money train right there!
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-10 at 03:46 AM.

Just came back from watching it.

Eh.. I'd give it a 4 out of 10. I think with better editing and the last 45 minutes revised, it would have been MUCH better. Gul'dan was cool and the first 45 minutes was fine too. The last 45 minutes I felt really bored and felt like I had seen what I saw in tons of other movies. Khadgar was a noob.

For someone that doesn't know anything about Warcraft though, I can pretty much bet that they'll hate it and look at it as a poor man's Avatar/D&D.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    No, it is not absurd when a lot of stuff has been going on surrounding the movie. I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks and the Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes scores are not the only places to find reviews or discussions surrounding the movie.

Mmo-champion is not a website where only people from the US visit. As a moderator you should know this.
    The movie ending up not being good though. It wasn't quite "walk out of the movie" bad, but it wasn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Khadgar was a noob.
    Yes he "was" a noob. Didnt u see hes Level Up?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine that if I wasn't so interested in Warcraft, it'd be a "bad" at best. Even being a fan of Warcraft, it's only "meh", which is disappointing.

- Gul'dan sounds so stupid. It was actually hard to ever take his voice seriously.
    - Garona looked way too human. She's supposed to be an orc/draenei hybrid, instead she looks like an orc/human hybrid. Maybe they're changing it for the sake of the movie, but that remains to be seen.
    - The story is what you'd expect if you've read the lore, just with minor changes here and there. This isn't a good or bad thing.
    - The CGI looked atrocious. It honestly felt like I was watching a movie from 10 years ago.
    - The writing was pretty bad. Not bad as an inconsistent, just very poor quality.
    - The love story was god awful and felt very "tacked on".

Overall, the movie just lacked any excitement. I found myself rolling my eyes constantly and when I wasn't, I was waiting for the "big moment" that never came.

I wasn't even expecting this to blow my mind, although that would've been nice. It just didn't deliver for me.

In closing, it's very "meh". The only thing I particularly liked was the actor who portrayed Lothar.

I watched it, it's bad. It's not exceptionally bad, which is what I was hoping for - an absolute embarrassment that I could have a good time laughing at.

The characters are poorly realized. The staging and choreography of the fights is unimpressive. The editing is haphazard, like George Lucas on Xanax with the weird overuse of wipe transitions and random smash cuts to featureless fantasy locations we'll never go to again. The villain's motivations are never even vaguely hinted at. Garona's design and costuming are absolutely awful, as is her performance. There is no attempt to position the movie as a complete story unto itself so much as the first episode of an interminable, bland franchise.

The visuals are deftly realized, but to little purpose. Nothing visually interesting happens in this movie - once you've seen 10 minutes of the Orcs moving and talking and the kingdom of Stormwind's knights, you've seen everything the movie has to offer. Additionally, and I know this isn't a "World" of Warcraft movie, but it seems odd to shy away from the game's depiction of locations like Karazhan and turn them into almost unrecognizable generic fantasy locales.

It reminds me of Avatar, another mediocre blockbuster, but with less visual panache.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    All those races were barely even in the original story if at all, and there are elves and dwarves. I appreciate the verge trying to be more open to the movie, but they dont know what they are talking about there.

pretty sure they're going half Orc/human for garona with medivh being her father hence his speech to her about finding a woman of another race

Just finished watching it in IMAX 3D. I thought it was good. Having played since the original Warcraft Orcs vs Humans, it was amazing seeing it go down. Having said that, there were parts that I didnt like.. I didnt like the Lothar/Garona relationship. Nor did I like The Medivh/Sargeras death. It didnt really feel all that.. life or death was in the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    I was confused by the person in the black box that Kahdgar sees was it Alodi or Aegwynn? because Alodi is a Male in the game universe and the person was corrupted kinda like how Aegwynn was when she gave birth to Medivh making him corrupted?
    I had the same issue with it. I thought it was Aegwynn. Especially since Alodi is shown in Legion as a male (and has always been a male).

I think if they want to do it right, the next 2 movies should be Warcraft 2. Movie 2 = Razing of Stormwind and Tides of Darkness, Movie 3 = Beyond the Dark Portal.

At this point, leave Nerzul and Deathwing out completely and make Gul'dan bound to Frostmourne.

I loved recognizing the other Orc Chieftains like Deadeye and Hellscream to name a couple.

Movie was great, loved it, just got back from it now, want more :3

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Warcaft does better than expected and does like 65m opening weekend US, 150m total gross? is that even possible? Have the estimates ever been that wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'd imagine that if I wasn't so interested in Warcraft, it'd be a "bad" at best. Even being a fan of Warcraft, it's only "meh", which is disappointing.

- Gul'dan sounds so stupid. It was actually hard to ever take his voice seriously.
    You're the first person I seen not like Gul'dan, so far he has been unanimously good.

Just got home. Pretty good. Some good things, some meh things.

But man, is it cool seeing Azeroth in "real life." Fans of the series have to go just to see the fan service that encompasses pretty much every scene. Very very cool.

Lore-wise, I didn't have glaring issues.

Thought the CGI was ok. Thought much of the orc character design was pretty cool. Drakha was the only one I thought was kinda... pandering... as far as her character design.

100% disagree with the Gul'dan hater from above. Gul'dan was very cool, comes across as a total dick (as he is). Blackhand too. Very cool.

I felt like the love story could have been totally left out... it wasn't necessary.

7/10 will see again.
    Last edited by Leadsop; 2016-06-10 at 05:06 AM.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What if Warcaft does better than expected and does like 65m opening weekend US, 150m total gross? is that even possible? Have the estimates ever been that wrong?
    I don't know. Warcraft isn't showing on very many screens in my area which is bullshit. It really makes it difficult for me to see the movie. Warcraft on opening weekend has 2 2D and 3D screens total 4 screens, they removed its times from the better theatre in my area cutting the screens in half. Among the 2 theatres, Conjuring 2 has 14 screens and Now you see me 2 has 11 screens.

The Warcraft showings at 2pm, 5pm 3D, 8pm, 10:45pm 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I just hope he's ready to slog through some quests when the new expansion(movie) comes out so he can raid with everyone else at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard making money doesn't convince Hollywood they should spend more to help them do so. The distributor and producing studios both need to post some kind of profits.
    They can still get TV deals, PPV, Blueray sale. I won't worry about giants like Blizzard, Legendary or Universal for that matter.

Look, there is no such thing as flawlessness.

Why don't you post back when everything is in the books, like 1 or 2 weeks of domestic sales? We would have a clearer picture

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    You're the first person I seen not like Gul'dan, so far he has been unanimously good.
    Like I said, it was just his voice. Maybe I'm just way too used to WoW Gul'dan's voice, but I find that hard to believe. I don't have an issue with his overall character.