From the last tweet I've seen from Duncan he was still not sure if a sequel is going to happen. He's been working on another movie for some time so maybe we'll hear something soon. I wouldn't get your hopes up that we'll actually get one though, despite its succes in China it still lost money and its overall reception is quite negative. Warcraft may not be the worst video game adapted movie, but its certainly extremely flawed with a lot of potential wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Warcraft may not be the worst video game adapted movie, but its certainly extremely flawed with a lot of potential wasted.
    Warcraft is by far one of the best videogame adaptations. Of course that's very faint praise since 9 videogame movies on 10 are atrocious and the 10th is "not awful" at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There are far more than 10 video game movies...

90 on 100? 900 on 1000? Better?
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the way Zul worded his statement it didn't sound anything like a ratio to me.
    What it needed to sound more like it for you? Because 9 on 10 sounds nothing like "there are 10 videogame movies out there".

And I'm also not sure his ratio is even accurate(if that's what he intended). It's more like 3 out of 47 video game films are decent.
    It wasn't supposed to be accurate, it was an hyperbole. Not like your own ratio has any greater basis whatsoever. In the end it will still fall to a matter of subjectivity.

Point is, videogame movies are for the most part terrible and for a lesser, very little part decent at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    they didn't lose money if you include the free marketing for the game and online steam sales. They didn't make much but they definitely didn't lose money.
    None of that money went to the studio, so it has no bearing on what money the movie itself made.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

One of the reason which makes that movie the worst is the lack of internal logic and coherent narration. Everything else is just secondary to that. It is basically your typical Uwe Boll movie with expensive CGI painted on. A worst of two worlds.

If you take notice that the Chinese box office should be counted at 25%, you'll see how much money the movie lost. As for home video, even your 'worst of they year' Ghostbusters sold more disks.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Possible sequel announcement coming today:

https://twitter.com/manmademoon/stat...85080295030784
    But all the experts in this thread said its impossible to get a sequel!

Actually, now that I think about it, in context with his other recent tweets, the announcement is probably just about doing a Q&A

And where is that "announcement"?

His twitter is so liberal that it is unreadable....

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    And where is that "announcement"?

His twitter is so liberal that it is unreadable....
    Liberal like liberal use of detergent or flour in a cooking recipe?

The announcement was for a Q&A he's hosting on Warcraft. There's the possibility he's finished with Mute and testing the waters in a way for a sequel. Or it could be he just fucking loves Warcraft and doesn't want to let go.

If we don't get another sequel, than I hope that they dig into the possibilities of turning WoW into its own show. We can already expect The Witcher which is also for most of the part a medieval fantasy. The only tricky part is the use of CGI which can over as to expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If we don't get another sequel, than I hope that they dig into the possibilities of turning WoW into its own show. We can already expect The Witcher which is also for most of the part a medieval fantasy. The only tricky part is the use of CGI which can over as to expensive.
    So far Netflix seems to be willing to risk a lot of money (Marco Polo, the Get Down, Sense8 etc.), so I think Netflix would be willing to cover something like that. We'll see how Witcher turns out and hopefully that'll be a good indication.

I would much rather watch an animated/cartoon show on Netflix than a live action show or movie. After the success of the first movie I don't expect a movie or show with the Warcraft IP any time soon.

Another implies we are getting a first sequel... Since we didn't get a first sequel then it's a weird way to start your argument...

- - - Updated - - -

Lack of success you mean. It lost money and was a critical flop.
    It lost money?

Budget $160 million[2]
    Box office $433.7 million[3]

10+ Year Old Account
    Another implies we are getting a first sequel... Since we didn't get a first sequel then it's a weird way to start your argument...
    I thought you were above this kind of pettiness. He clearly mispelled and was equally clear what he meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Q&A he's hosting on Warcraft.
    Q&A, my ass. I asked that guy why did he take up a 160M project after 2 indie movies, and he blocked me in Twitter. If Jones was the most back man Legendary could find, the project was doomed from the start.

Oh, and the possibility of sequel is nil as the people responsible for the movie were subsequently fired from their respective companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Q&A, my ass. I asked that guy why did he take up a 160M project after 2 indie movies, and he blocked me in Twitter. If Jones was the most back man Legendary could find, the project was doomed from the start.

Oh, and the possibility of sequel is nil as the people responsible for the movie were subsequently fired from their respective companies.
    Man that's sad to hear. I liked Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    and it's probably going to end around the same Box office
    The movie has gathered three times the Warcraft's box office in 5 days, and five times in the first weekend. It has already gathered more in US than Warcraft had in China. So no, their box offices are not "around the same".