Question about our priest healer

Hi guys,

I am looking for help to analyze the performance of our dicipline priest, we felt that he should be doing more healing with his ILVL,
    But to be honest I have never used a priest before, so I can not give him any advice on this matter.

I see that his uptime on archangel is low, but he says that this is because archangel is a CD for high damage phases(like avenging wrath or tree of life).

I hope you can help us to improve his performance with some advice, or let us know if he is doing everything ok,

thanks in advance.

His Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/es/characte...ros/K%C3%A2zz/

Our last log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=summary
    FC - Pokemon Y - 5257-9612-9882

Deleted
    He should not be using CoW on every boss.

He should also not hold AA just for high dmg phases. He should be able to have it up alot anyway and EAA last 30 secs. And even if hes argument is that he didnt use AA on Kromog at all and once on twins...there is alot of high damage there! On all bosses he either didnt use it or once...like thats REALLY bad.

He is also using PoH more then AA meaning hes using it without EAA.

Hes hard casting PoM

Cant say much about talents/glyphs as hes shadow atm
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-02-17 at 08:20 PM.

Hi shinbout,

thanks for your reply,

here is a link from AMR that shows his talents/glyphs.

https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/playe...aros/k%C3%A2zz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belzifer View Post
    Hi shinbout,

thanks for your reply,

here is a link from AMR that shows his talents/glyphs.

https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/playe...aros/k%C3%A2zz
    Wont let me swich to his Disc spec. At least hes speccing PI, solace and cascade seeing from the logs.

First off, I found his talents and whatnot here Shinbout: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/K%C3%A2zz/simple

Looking at the Kromog fight as an example, he has taken the PW: solace talent, but only casts it 8 times throughout the whole fight. He could have casted it 36 times. On top of that, he never casts a single offensive penance. Therefore he only generated 8 stacks of evangelism the whole fight (and the stacks he got likely dropped and were never used). He really needs to learned to cast PW: solace and penance on cooldown. Weakauras is good for this. He can create a weakaura that plays a chime (or similar sound effect) whenever it comes off cooldown.

If he doesn't continually cast solace on cooldown, the evangelism stacks will drop off, losing him the potential 30% bonus healing AND 100% chance for PoH or Heal to crit. This is HUGE. I would say he has the right idea to save it for high damage phases when he does get it to five stacks though. Pop it just before breaths go out and shield the raid.

I may be missing something in warcraftlogs, but it also looks like he neglected to cast PW: barrier at all. Even if cast on the tanks this would be helpful, but it's invaluable for mitigating breath damage. And yes, as Shinbout stated, he should really swap out CoW with WoM for high raid damage fights (like Kromog). The only exception would be if he is specifically told to focus tanks. It looks like the paly has that covered though.
    Last edited by akawhisp; 2015-02-17 at 09:54 PM.

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. We record gear, talents and glyphs for every boss pull. So if someone changes something between wipes, we catch it! You can get the data for any attempt by clicking on the spec icon next to their name.

In this view, you see the players name listed toward the top, below the menues but above the infographic data. To the left of his name you see his spec icon. Click that for gear data. https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/comba...=overview,c=13
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Here is a pic

offtopic:
    Thanks zoopercat, nice information, I find AMR logs very helpful.
    Last edited by belzifer; 2015-02-17 at 10:35 PM.

Deleted
    I tought the swapping out in battlenet wasn´t working as it didn´t show any major glyphs...But as it turns out hes just not using any major glyphs!

He should have at least have the Glyph of Penance (i can imagen he will have missed a few casts due to moving and cancelling without this), Glyph of weakened soul and then the last one depending on encounter. Myself i prefer to either go for Glyph of holy fire or fade. Rest of his talents are fine except that he should swich between CoW and WoM depending on encounter and raid comp.

Also with akawhisp mentioning his low solace casts, he is also using a mastery wep ench instead of spirit. This could be viable but its better to just get rid of spirit on items. BUT he also has 2 dps trinkets and only spirit on one item (his legendary ring) i can imagen he is going oom ALOT or just not healing to his potential cause of this. Unless this is his shadow gear, but i feel like it isn´t.

Edit: Also ty for the AMR link, ill will consider using this aside WCL, looks pretty decent
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-02-18 at 10:30 AM.

Since others mentioned glyphs/talents, I'll focus on logs for playstyle

Your feeling that he should be doing better is confirmed by rankings. You can tell he is doing extremely low hps based on rankings in WOL. He's in the bottom 20th percentile for his gear (far right number). https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=16

My log for comparison: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...6&type=healing

Looking in detail through the Kromog logs (it's the only fight I can compare on):

1) PI - He only used PI once on a 6 minute fight. He should get 3 in easily (I got 3 in on our 4:41 kill).

2) Archangel - he never used it. Archangel should just about always be used on cd. His response is nonsensical -- he didn't cast solace/offensive penance enough to matter. He only triggered evangelism 8 times in the entire fight, and at no point did he ever have more than 1 stack............... (comparison, I had 32 evangelism triggers)

3) Solace - should be used on CD since it helps mana and evangelism stacks. He had 8 casts.

4) Prayer of Healing - This should only be used for empowered archangel. He had 5 casts without it. That said, don't be like me and waste any emp:aa by not casting PoH.

5) Prayer of Mending - This should never be hard cast! Especially on this fight. He hard cast it 10 times.

6) Clarity of Will vs. Words of Mending - The numbers here speak for themselves. He spent about 20 seconds casting CoW and I spent those 20 seconds shielding. His glyph + heals for time spent utilizing resulted in 820k healing. My glyph + time I got healing resulted in 1,701k healing (791k from passing glyph + 70k average shield * 13 casts). On this boss, no Disc should take CoW.

Hoping another Disc log from a priest with lower ilvl will convince him he should change his playstyle to be more viable, but it sounds like he isn't willing to change. Good luck!
    Last edited by Utexas; 2015-02-20 at 07:47 PM. Reason: I guess the magic number is 10

Thank for you help guys!

I will talk to him about all of this.

Utexas, I hope to see your logs soon to have a better point of comparation.

I'll PM you. No idea how many posts are required before linking...

Quote Originally Posted by Utexas View Post
    I'll PM you. No idea how many posts are required before linking...
    It's a huge pain. I usually just post the URL text without the "http://www." and it works. It still requires some copy pasta however.

Edited now.

Went to PM - "10 posts are required to PM" - go post pretty randomly - send PM - realize that 10 is probably the magic number - come back to edit & read workaround... >.>

I think the problem with the disc priest is less about what his rotation, but more about his attitude toward the game and your raid. Anyone can go to warcraftlogs themselves and see what the top healers are doing, but the fact that you have to do it for him, makes it much more troubling imo.

I agree with the advice already given and would also like to add that due to low or no spirit he should also maybe look at taking the spirit proc enchantment on his weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

AA needs to be up at every opportunity and if you manage to take advantage of a poh 100% crit without over healing then even better.