Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Steady Focus and Thrill of the Hunt

can someone tell me why Thrill of the Hunt > Steady Focus? with certain fights, I thought it might work out better with Focusing Shot + Steady Focus. Thanks!

you do more damage with thrill of the hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion
    ToTH is favorable for burst-AoE situations, target switching, and movement. Which basically means everything. Steady Focus is a decent but generally inferior talent (in practice).

7+ Year Old Account
    is it inferior talent since you have to cast two steady shot/cobra shot? this "two in a row" makes it definitely not something used with Focusing Shot i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onezerosix View Post
    is it inferior talent since you have to cast two steady shot/cobra shot? this "two in a row" makes it definitely not something used with Focusing Shot i guess
    You only need to cast one FS to trigger Steady Focus.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    /thread/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    To expand a little:

There's also a mechanic in SV where every AS and AS multi-strike procs a full tick of SrS when it re-applies the DoT to the target, immediately. So if you have an AS which MS's twice, you get three ticks of SrS right in a row, in addition to the ticking SrS already on the boss/refreshed by your AS. And ToTH gives you more AS per fight than SF. The same principle applies for multi-shot.

The debate between SF and TOTH is an interesting one. If you have good RNG ToTH is better. If you have bad RNG SF is better. Over the course of thousands of iterations SF comes out ahead. Keep in mind ToTH allows for more arcanes/multishots, but SF allows for more BA/ES. And with our 2pc/4pc synergies, SF should come out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by rickhunterr View Post
    Keep in mind ToTH allows for more arcanes/multishots, but SF allows for more BA/ES. And with our 2pc/4pc synergies, SF should come out ahead.
    What a load of horseshit, you can hit BA/ES on cd with 0 issue regardless of what talent you use.

What pretend-synergy in our pieces somehow prefer SF? Spamming Explosive Shot just puts you into more situations where the SF buff will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    What a load of horseshit, you can hit BA/ES on cd with 0 issue regardless of what talent you use.

What pretend-synergy in our pieces somehow prefer SF? Spamming Explosive Shot just puts you into more situations where the SF buff will drop.
    Try looking at your Simms before you look like a jackass. The Simms say you get a couple more BA with SF over thrill. Therefore you get more ES with the 2 pc. More ES increases your multistrike dmg with the 4 of. That synergy. But why am I not surprised by your ignorant and rude response.

Except that doesn't work out in real life, as you would clearly be one to argue several months ago when sims were the devil while logs were the only thing that ever mattered. Just as I have pointed out one billion times when the ToTH/SF argument has come up, the sims may put SF higher simply because an actual player will play Thrill of the Hunt tons better.

Maybe you need to stop sticking to the extremes of everything you absorb to ACTUALLY learn something instead of trying to instigate drama as if the notion of SF simply "giving" you more Black Arrows and ES' just because the sims say so.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=31

353 kill time, 14 Black Arrows possible (or worth casting), 14 Black Arrows done.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=27

353 kill time, 15 Black Arrows done even if the last one was a stupid decision.

Try looking at your Simms before you look like a jackass. The Simms say you get a couple more BA with SF over thrill. Therefore you get more ES with the 2 pc. More ES increases your multistrike dmg with the 4 of. That synergy. But why am I not surprised by your ignorant and rude response.
    SF has nothing to do with the amount of BA / ES' you're able to cast in a fight. TotH has nothing to do with it either. It's all about prio.

LoS makes Thrill of the Hunt WAY more viable for PvP. PvE wise I wouldnt know.
    ASUS P6x58D Premium/Corsair Vengeance 16GB Ram/i7 920@2.7 (Not overclocked)/Corsair H100i/EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 SC/Intel 530 series 240GB SSD/Rosewill 750w/Corsair Case/Razer Naga/Logitech G910/Logitech Extreme 3DPro/Samsung 28" Ultra HD monitor

Quote Originally Posted by onezerosix View Post
    can someone tell me why Thrill of the Hunt > Steady Focus? with certain fights, I thought it might work out better with Focusing Shot + Steady Focus. Thanks!
    This OP indicates that he is talking about PvE.

thats why i said pve wise i have no clue.
    ASUS P6x58D Premium/Corsair Vengeance 16GB Ram/i7 920@2.7 (Not overclocked)/Corsair H100i/EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 SC/Intel 530 series 240GB SSD/Rosewill 750w/Corsair Case/Razer Naga/Logitech G910/Logitech Extreme 3DPro/Samsung 28" Ultra HD monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    SF has nothing to do with the amount of BA / ES' you're able to cast in a fight. TotH has nothing to do with it either. It's all about prio.
    Actually it does, SF with its passive regen has oportunities when you can cast BA because of passive regen and not cast FS to have enough focus to use BA. The same is true with ES. And again it synergizes with our set bonuses.

Actually it does, SF with its passive regen has oportunities when you can cast BA because of passive regen and not cast FS to have enough focus to use BA. The same is true with ES. And again it synergizes with our set bonuses.
    It only synergizes with set bonuses based on a wrong assumption of yours that you will somehow get less Black Arrows using ToTH, which says more about skill level than talent choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    so youre saying you arent capable of using ba and es on cd because youre havin some trouble managing focus? I've never had issues hitting both on cd

BA is on a non resetting, set cooldown. There are no talent choices that get you more of them, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantof View Post
    BA is on a non resetting, set cooldown. There are no talent choices that get you more of them, ever.
    The limiting factor in BA or ES usage is focus. The passive regen from SF takes the need away from casting FS to have focus to cast BA or ES. If you are delaying arcades you take away the benefit of TOTH so SF is better. If you are delaying BA to cast FS for focus. Again SF is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Again this is why Simms show SF better than TOTH