Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I love the fact I can enjoy 4 seasons and not be killed at random. The fishing is good in Canada. The selection of beer is okay I guess.
    I personally enjoy the fact that unlike our neighbors to the south, we are not dominated by, nor have to put up with, the inane ramblings and law making "abilities" of the far right

15+ Year Old Account
    Vikings or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    For random reasons involving a cancelled to trip to Skonto Riga, I know that vilciens is Latvian for train and they have a train as their avatar.

So they're probably Mongolian.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Being better than all of the other countries, of course.
    If your country disagrees we might find oil there and your leader might be a threat to our national security.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    That sounds extremely cold to me.
    To me too lol

If we talk balanced climate..... Hawaii....... From 72.9(22.7C) - 81.4F (27.4C) .... average temps.... year long average 77.2F (25C)...
    That be my kinda weather.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Love?

I don't know, it's just a country. Not much to "love".
    Patriotism at its finest!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Which I do not get. Why is saving beautiful land, and animals, instead of exploiting them for their resources, a bad thing?
    The answer is money, for almost everything that we do wrong money is the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love Australia for the B's:

Beer, Babes, Beaches, Barbecues
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    Video games. The people are very hit or miss though.

15+ Year Old Account
    More serious post: I love that it's spacious and has a diverse range of habitats to explore. I'm doubly glad that some of our early presidents, especially TR, had the foresight to create the NP system and that we further had groups like the National Audubon Society create a lasting value of conservation, even if not everyone always agrees with it.
    The NP system is kind of in shambles and vastly underfunded though. Remember when the government found a bunch of native american ruins on park land, and declared it an off limits zone to vehicles, and a bunch of rednecks promptly said "fuck that" and took their four wheelers out there and ran all over it? They still haven't appropriated the funds to even survey what kind of damage was done.

When I did my field school education, we went to one of the many parks out in the four corners area. It was kind of remote, and the latrine looked like it was built in the 20's (had a REEEEEALLY old NP sign on it) and the shit in it was nearly up to the seat. You had to hold your breath lest your nose get literally burned from the stink. Other than that the rest of the park looked nice. But then again, it was REALLY remote, so it was one of the more untouched parks by idiots who like to trash up the place and damage our natural heritage.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    that we are still using good old imperial.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Love: Country food, slower paced things, burgers, mudding

Hate: I swear to all Christ if it is below 30f next winter I am moving to florida, I can deal with 100f+ w/ 100% humidity but my balls are hibernating in this weather.
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    that we are still using good old imperial.
    Dull fact of the Day No.2: The US doesn't use Imperial as they'd left the British Empire before it was implemented.

Deleted
    The landscapes, all the mountains and lakes, the quality of our water, our wide range of dialects, the food, the humour of the people, the beer and a few other things which are difficult to find words for.

I've been loving my home country even more after getting my citizenship back.

I love that the people who are glad that they don't live here, don't live here.

It's embarrassing that I can't pick between these two:

- First nation in the world to grant same-sex marriages.

- Making carrots orange by default because that's the color of our royal family.

I mean, it should be the first, but...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's not America.
    Weird. I always thought you lived in America for some reason. : /

Deleted
    Absolutely nothing. Quite frankly the only somewhat redeeming quality Croatia as a whole has is our sea and pretty good tourism.

I love to strap on my .45 hogleg, grab a 1/5th of Jim Beam, go to the park and yell at strangers as they pass by.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I love America because if I were anywhere else I would be fucked.

I had cancer as an infant (early 90s) which I survived... I was fucked up by the treatment (wasn't as refined back then) and have been in a wheelchair since I was ten, but I can still do almost anything I want here. I finished college a year ago. If I were any place else on Earth when I was born I would have simply died. And even if I had miraculously not died in those places, I would not be able to live the life I live now anywhere else.
    And how many dollars did that treatment cost out of interest?

This being America.