Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That is bullshit........ a 92 yrs should never drive a car anymore.... That's just begging for disaster...
    Wow I agree with Wildtree on something. Its inexcusable to let someone that old have a license unless they can pass an on road test every year

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    But it does mean that because I my answer to everything you are saying is in what I've already posted. Here let me try this.

IT IS NOT WORTH IT FOR ANY PARTY INVOLVED TO CHARGE A 92 YEAR OLD MAN. HE WILL DIE IN JAIL AND COST THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. Did ya catch that? That's why he isn't being charged, someone used their brain and realized that it makes no damn sense to charge him.
    Its about principle, not money. He needs to be punished!

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Not attacking anybody darling. Disagreeing with someone isn't attacking them.
    Didn't say me, I said my post. You stopped posting discussion and began arguing about my post.

He didn't ask for anyone to be thrown in jail.....
    He argued for the license to be revoked and a fine....
    Both are absolute reasonable consequences without costing the tax payer anything. On the contrary even.
    He said that anyone else would have been charged with the crime. There is no point in pursuing legal claims against a 92 year old man for something this small. He wasn't arguing for the license revoking and fine. He was saying that was the absolute minimum that should be accepted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Wow I agree with Wildtree on something.
    don't make it a habit lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

don't make it a habit lol
    Please. These forums would be boring if you two got along. (Or if anyone got along with Wildtree really <3)

Didn't say me, I said my post. You stopped posting discussion and began arguing about my post.

He said that anyone else would have been charged with the crime. There is no point in pursuing legal claims against a 92 year old man for something this small. He wasn't arguing for the license revoking and fine. He was saying that was the absolute minimum that should be accepted.
    I stopped discussion because you came in attacking me about discussions past and how I was out to get this guy lynched or something. Everything I've said since that post has been because of that. I was hoping we could talk about feelings and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understood him......
    Anyone else (younger) would have been charged accordingly... That's why it is absolutely reasonable to punish that old man with a milder, and for his age more appropriate punishment.

See, and that is what he said..
    My point is anyone else would've been charged. he should at the very least get his license revoked and some kind of fine. Anyone in their 20's,30's, 40's, would be charged.
    And right he is......
    If a 20, 30, 40, 50yrs old would argue "my foot got stuck", the cops would have laughed, and arrested them anyway..
    Your foot stuck is no reason to mow down half a parking lot lol
    Hit the emergency brakes, turn the damn engine off.. So many ways to minimize the incident... If you can't do that, you aren't fit to drive anymore.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2015-02-18 at 01:54 AM.

I stopped discussion because you came in attacking me about discussions past and how I was out to get this guy lynched or something. Everything I've said since that post has been because of that. I was hoping we could talk about feelings and stuff.
    I opened with that, then went back to the topic. You never got back to the topic. And yet you told me not to take things personally <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Please. These forums would be boring if you two got along. (Or if anyone got along with Wildtree really <3)
    many get along with me lol
    Orlong is the one taking the heat all the time.

I opened with that, then went back to the topic. You never got back to the topic. And yet you told me not to take things personally <3
    Aside from responding to your sharp jabs I've stayed on topic the whole time. I didn't even have to use all caps. also you're doing the same thing you're accusing me of. Just sayin.

I understood him......
    Anyone else (younger) would have been charged accordingly... That's why it is absolutely reasonable to punish that old man with a milder, and for his age more appropriate punishment.

See, and that is what he said..

And right he is......
    If a 20, 30, 40, 50yrs old would argue "my foot got stuck", the cops would have laughed, and arrested them anyway..
    Your foot stuck is no reason to mow down half a parking lot lol
    Hit the emergency breaks, turn the damn engine off.. So many ways to minimize the incident... If you can't do that, you aren't fit to drive anymore.
    Nobody is arguing that he is fit to drive. Nobody. I already said take his license away. Being charged with the crime would likely involve mandatory jail time based on the charges (reckless endangerment, hit and run, etc). A younger person would be placed in jail, and they would come out of jail and pay the fines for a while. This man would enter jail and never come out and never pay the fines, costing the state thousands of dollars. Or, they could just think for a moment and take his license.

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from responding to your sharp jabs I've stayed on topic the whole time. I didn't even have to use all caps. also you're doing the same thing you're accusing me of. Just sayin.
    Notice that I am still posting about the topic, yet you still aren't? Just sayin.

- - - Updated - - -

many get along with me lol
    Orlong is the one taking the heat all the time.
    Whatever you gotta tell yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is arguing that he is fit to drive. Nobody. I already said take his license away. Being charged with the crime would likely involve mandatory jail time based on the charges (reckless endangerment, hit and run, etc). A younger person would be placed in jail, and they would come out of jail and pay the fines for a while. This man would enter jail and never come out and never pay the fines, costing the state thousands of dollars. Or, they could just think for a moment and take his license.
    Nah...... we don't want him in jail.... At least I don't...
    Don't think Mayhem wants that either... idk. Doesn't sound like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever you gotta tell yourself
    after 19k posts you figure that out too lol

Nah...... we don't want him in jail.... At least I don't...
    Don't think Mayhem wants that either... idk. Doesn't sound like it.
    Then he used the wrong words. You don't charge a 92 year old man with crimes that will land him in jail and there's no reason to bring up that anyone else would have been charged unless you are saying that he also should have been. The only appropriate action in this situation is to charge his insurance and revoke his license.

fleeing the scene of an accident is illegal. He tried to flee the scene.
    No where in the article or the video does it say he fled the scene.

Then he used the wrong words. You don't charge a 92 year old man with crimes that will land him in jail and there's no reason to bring up that anyone else would have been charged unless you are saying that he also should have been. The only appropriate action in this situation is to charge his insurance and revoke his license.
    I don't believe I ever actually said he should be in jail. I did say that he should be fined and his license should be revoked. It's possible to give him a lesser charge or give leniency in the form of a fine and revoked license. I find his excuse to be very flimsy. "He was alarmed," yet he didn't see the need to stop after he hit the first series of cars. "His foot was stuck on the gas pedal," yet he was able to stop and put his car in reverse to hit the other cars. Then he hit that truck and from what the video shows, he kept on going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    No where in the article or the video does it say he fled the scene.
    he tried to flee the parking lot after he hit the first what was it 7 cars? I'm assuming he only stopped after he hit that red truck. Had he not hit that red truck, (if he even stopped after that) he probably would've kept going.

I don't believe I ever actually said he should be in jail. I did say that he should be fined and his license should be revoked. It's possible to give him a lesser charge or give leniency in the form of a fine and revoked license. I find his excuse to be very flimsy. "He was alarmed," yet he didn't see the need to stop after he hit the first series of cars. "His foot was stuck on the gas pedal," yet he was able to stop and put his car in reverse to hit the other cars. Then he hit that truck and from what the video shows, he kept on going.
    What law did he break? Just because he drives off camera does not mean he fled the scene.

- - - Updated - - -

he tried to flee the parking lot after he hit the first what was it 7 cars? I'm assuming he only stopped after he hit that red truck. Had he not hit that red truck, (if he even stopped after that) he probably would've kept going.
    You suggested that he be charged with the crimes committed. The crimes he committed would have a mandatory jail sentence. He would not live long enough to pay the fines. Revoking his license is the only reasonable decision here.

You suggested that he be charged with the crimes committed. The crimes he committed would have a mandatory jail sentence. He would not live long enough to pay the fines. Revoking his license is the only reasonable decision here.
    People get copped to lesser charges all the time. For example when I got into trouble back in my younger days I got into trouble and could've been charged with breaking and entering into a cabin. However when I apologized and paid for the door that my friends broke I got copped to criminal damaging and tresspassing. No jail time was served. Just had to pay restitution and be on probation for 6 months. Something similar could be done about this old man.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people who have their license revoked still drive anyway. Jail is the better option here. They should also revoke his car

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The elderly seem to not be held accountable for anything. He needs his license revoked at the least. It really goes to show that the elderly need to be tested regularly. They are a danger to themselves and everyone on the road when they are like this guy. As cruel as it may sound, I don't want some old guy killing someone who is in their 20's-40's. They have a lot to offer that an elderly doesn't.

They should be tested more, it just kind of makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

People get copped to lesser charges all the time. For example when I got into trouble back in my younger days I got into trouble and could've been charged with breaking and entering into a cabin. However when I apologized and paid for the door that my friends broke I got copped to criminal damaging and tresspassing. No jail time was served. Just had to pay restitution and be on probation for 6 months. Something similar could be done about this old man.
    His foot got stuck on the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

They should be tested more, it just kind of makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

His foot got stuck on the gas.
    If his foot was stuck on the gas how did he stop, shift into reverse and hit the other cars at full throttle?