Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is healer Monk fun to play?

I might switch to healer next expansion and was wondering are Monk healers fun to play?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, pretty fun.. They run, lol like druids. But, fun. Pretty powerful heals if you can do it right.

(I main Holy Priest, usually PvP) I have every healer in game at max lvl except Shaman.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

You need a bit more context here. What do you currently play? Have you played a healer before? Did you like it? Do you need to control your character's output as much as possible? (If yes on the last one, pick a different healer: renewing mists will drive you batty.)

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I might switch to healer next expansion and was wondering are Monk healers fun to play?
    Yes! No! Maybe! Fish!

The answer to your question is almost certainly in there somewhere, and given the context of "next expansion", I'm gonna bet on "Fish!" as the closest you are going to get. (Unless you mean in patch 6.1, in which case it is definitely "Maybe!".)

...but, seriously, the answer is totally dependent on you and what you like. I mean, consider this: I hate playing rogue with a passion. It is the worst thing ever. I would rather quit the game that be forced to play one.

If you asked me "is playing a rogue fun", and I wasn't self-aware, I would absolutely, without question, say "no". Which is true for me, but I kinda bet it isn't true for *everyone*, or else there would be a few less rogues running around Draenor and all, right?

So, yeah, if you describe what you do and don't like, maybe we can tell you if a monk healer is going to suit, but in general? May as well walk away with "Fish!" as your answer, because it is gonna be as helpful as anything else I could say.

Pre-WoD? Hell yeah. Now? Hell no.
    But that's just my opinion. Mainly because uplift is a cast now and smoothing mist does not create chi anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Yes! No! Maybe! Fish!

The answer to your question is almost certainly in there somewhere, and given the context of "next expansion", I'm gonna bet on "Fish!" as the closest you are going to get. (Unless you mean in patch 6.1, in which case it is definitely "Maybe!".)

...but, seriously, the answer is totally dependent on you and what you like. I mean, consider this: I hate playing rogue with a passion. It is the worst thing ever. I would rather quit the game that be forced to play one.

If you asked me "is playing a rogue fun", and I wasn't self-aware, I would absolutely, without question, say "no". Which is true for me, but I kinda bet it isn't true for *everyone*, or else there would be a few less rogues running around Draenor and all, right?

So, yeah, if you describe what you do and don't like, maybe we can tell you if a monk healer is going to suit, but in general? May as well walk away with "Fish!" as your answer, because it is gonna be as helpful as anything else I could say.
    I used to play a healer Druid in Vanilla and TBC. At the time I loved to heal! But then I switched over to a Mage and did that for awhile, then changed to DK Tank in WoTLK.. Now I'm playing Hunter. I leveled my Druid to 100, but I just felt bored on him. I guess it could have to do with the fact that in order for me to get him raid ready, I'd need to grind out heroic 5 mans again for the ring quest. But in general I like healing, I'd like something unique..

i absolutely can't stand monk healing. i've healed on shamans, druids, priests and pallies at end game so i went monk this xpac and it was awful. just did not enjoy it at all.

but to each their own. monks can do very well and a lot of people like it. I did not like having to throw out renewing mists 10 sec in advance of aoe damage just to use aoe heals. also didn't like constantly using surging mist. i probably wasn't playing it completely right but just did not have fun. revival is hilarious to watch everyones health bars when you use it though

it's the only healer i can tolerate playing tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a subjective question. Only you can answer that after playing it.

Personally I find Resto Druids the most fun followed by Resto Shamans, then MW Monks, then Disc Priests and last is Holy Paladins. Never played Holy Priests.

This is MY personal opinion, yours may differ.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

doh.. monk most fun and interesting class to play, especialy as healer role with 2 stances

Deleted
    PvP or PvE? And thinking what to play in next expansion is ... We have no idea what changes they will make.

I think monk healers are crazy fun in PvP, but not so much in PvE. In pvp you get to use a lot of their cool stuff, kiting with rolls, outsmarting with transcendance, you have melee interrupts, pushback with jade lighting (very satisfing to knock a melee from the bridge), you can dish out some dps to help your team score a killing blow (and it's not just one spell to deal damage with like most healers). I played all the healers around 2k mmr, and while shaman is my main, playing monk is always fun. Also if you are going to play rated BGs, monk healers are always in big demand.

As for PvE it's not much different from other healers, really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Depends how you define fun... ;-).

If you enjoy helping other people out and standing at the back keeping an eye on your guildies health bars then you can't got wrong with a healer. But then healer monks aren't that different from other healers. I still like them, they are just too cool, kicking everything with their bare hands.

worst healer in game, OH YES IS FUN, but another healer is better thant you, and with the mana tea nerf in 6.1 you will be wors than a palatank healing.

The feedback you will get here will be next to useless for next expansion.

Monk healer is extremely powerful in large groups, and fairly good in PvP if you play it well (there's some PvP streams of MW monk if that's what you're interested in).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l2p4 View Post
    doh.. monk most fun and interesting class to play, especialy as healer role with 2 stances
    Too bad one of the stances is pretty much useless for 99.9% of raiding. I use it in PvP though, it's pretty fun then.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Monk healing is NOTHING like the other healers... if you like the other healers doesn't mean you will like Mistweaver. Sadly you have to get to a pretty high level as mistweaver to really see what it is like to heal as one.

Personally I felt really out of control in WoD. Kind of like for me to function I need my other healers and DPS to be doing their jobs correctly. 5 mans where rather painful if people where screwing up. A lot of "oh crap" moments.

Deleted
    Very fun in pvp. Couldn't care less about pve healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Too bad one of the stances is pretty much useless for 99.9% of raiding. I use it in PvP though, it's pretty fun then.
    Crane stance is very relevant to BrF raiding, and most people atleast start the fight out with it. On maidens i'm in crane stance 60-70% of the fight, and the same goes for Hanz'gar and Franzok. You can pull some very nice numbers with it while adding 10-20k DPS which is very nice during progression.

OT: I love playing a Mistweaver, and it's probably the only healing class I've had proper fun with.

Yes. Try one out on the PTR proving grounds and you might like it. You have to do more than other healers to get the same results for everything, but it's made up by one of the most powerful raid CD's that instantly heals, unlike every other healing CD in-game.