Deleted

What if instead of scaling old content they make solo scenario versions of them?

It would mainly just be a way to solo it, much like we're doing right now when we... solo it. But it would be scaled in such a way that things wouldn't die after one hit. It wouldn't be too challenging, but a bit more, so that people who want to experience content in such a way would have a way to do it. They could also get rid of certain blockers, like not being able to heal Valithria or being inside an ice tomb that you can't get out of, or being mauled by one of the dogs of Shannox and not being able to get out and specifically tune it for solo players.
    Last edited by mmoc2222b8def1; 2015-02-18 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    No, old things are old things. What you are suggesting would waste a lot of development time on things we've already seen plenty. Scaling is fine as it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    No, old things are old things. What you are suggesting would waste a lot of development time on things we've already seen plenty. Scaling is fine as it is.
    I'm sure it wouldn't take up a lot of resources. They don't have to design completely new raids, just change some numbers around, disable certain abilities. It would in turn make the solo experience more interesting, especially if they add certain rewards to it.

I'd much rather have the ability to queue for random dungeons and get any dungeon from the game scaled to Lvl 100 instead of just the few dungeons we have at Lvl 100, but that's already been suggested a million times now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FiXThEPiEcEs View Post
    I'd much rather have the ability to queue for random dungeons and get any dungeon from the game scaled to Lvl 100 instead of just the few dungeons we have at Lvl 100, but that's already been suggested a million times now.
    This. Part of the fun of a dungeon is going in as a team and defeating something you alone can't handle. Making it a solo scenario defeats the purpose of a dungeon.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NabsTheCracker View Post
    Here's the hard part though, some homework for you even.
    Try taking a day, or two. Or a week even, hell.
    Tune one 'scenario'. The idea of single target DPS is too much of a variable in itself.
    Do you include NPCs to help with the DPS check? At that rate, why not fill in every role?

What if they're a Healer?
    Do you add a bunch of DPS and a Tank to do a lot of mechanics for you? - How do you handle dispel mechanics with the other NPCs?

A Tank?
    Do we give them DPS and a Healer? Remove Non-Tank Mechanics entirely? In that case a ton of stuff is gone.

How do you justify what is a removable mechanic? Their role? Class? Overall mechanic balance?
    Well at that point, you can't have a mechanic any 1 class cannot do... Which may as well be a DPS check at that point in my opinion.

So, already we're faced with a lot more than "just number tuning."

Case and point with how this would be very difficult lies with Proving Grounds. In Mists of Pandaria, it's a simple fact that 2 or 3 classes simply had a really fuckin' hard time getting Wave 30 Endless. - That being said, what do they do? Lower DPS checks? - Change mechanics / spacing? Change waves?

Then consider something like the Green Fire quest. On some level, a lot of people thought it was kinda easy. On another level, you had people that couldn't do it since it launched, so are doing it now. Even after loads of gear bonuses.
    So, it's really a problem of, if you want the old content to be accessible... Kind of have to make it piss easy. Even now I've watched people struggle with things like Spine of Deathwing.

It's just not a 'simple' fix, unfortunately. Which is where the whole "Well, let them just destroy stuff" comes in. It's the easiest solution by a lot.

It's a nice dream idea, but unfortunately not practical.
    It doesn't actually have to be tuned so that it is super-challenging.

What if that instead of doing that, they made new Brawler's Guild bosses?

I mean, your post is nice in theory in a world with infinite dev resources, but I'd rather not see resources siphoned go towards old content that has already been done and instead go towards new stuff. Solo scenarios are pretty much the opposite of where the game should go - Brawler's Guild has solo challenge and yet is a social experience much more in line with an MMO.

RRRRR LIQUIDDDDDDDDDDD.