Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I should be getting my ecig in the mail today. Heres hoping I dont have to buy another expensive pack of cigarettes again.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    You get used to it. It actually becomes even more convenient, because, you know, you can take a drag and put it down and it doesn't just burn away.

There was one terribly executed study that showed if you straight up burn the shit instead of vaping it, it's pretty nasty. Anybody that's accidentally turned a good ecig (cheap ones won't even get that hot period) up too high could have told you that.

aaaand...

yeap that's the one

Nicotine is not the only problem, after decades of always having something to do with your hands and your mouth, it's a dramatic shift to suddenly have nothing. It's also something that becomes part of routines, and things feel odd without it. I.E. get in the car, light up a cig. Finish a meal, light up a cig. Sit down with a paper, light up a cig. Etc. etc. etc. Ecigs fill the act of smoking aspect of the addiction in ways nothing else even comes remotely close to.

I tried countless things to quit, from patches and gum, to certain anti-depressants that have worked for some people, to a pill system that was popular a while back, etc. etc. Gum was the only thing that I didn't give up on within hours, and that was only a couple days before I couldn't handle the fact that you have to spit constantly while chewing that shit cuz swallowing that concentrated nicotine is really really hard on your stomach.

I really don't care if I look like an idiot with my ecig, I'm measurably and effectually healthier than I had been in decades.

Will I go back to cigarettes? Uh, someday, maybe, but I certainly have no intentions to. And for the first year or 2 I was still smoking some but slowly fading off, and for the last couple of years it's been like 1 cigarette every 3-4 months, which I usually can't finish and promptly regret.

But yeah, I make absolutely no bones about the fact that I am absolutely, 100%, completely addicted to my ecig. No question.

But it's one hell of a lot better than still being addicted to actual cigarettes.
    And what you think will happen the day you dont have a e-cig around but there are real cig?
    You have not solved anything really.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    "As I walk around town and look at people using these electronic cigarette devices it's not difficult to tell what sort of setting they're using," Peyton says. "You can see how much of the aerosol they're blowing out. It's not small amounts."

Bah, that's not what they do. They have more coils so they can vaporize more of the fluid, not vaporize it at higher temperatures. Nothing removes how nasty it tastes or how terribly difficult it would be to inhale at higher than normal settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    If you are addicted to E-cig you are still addicted to nicotine.
    Some day you will start smoking for real again, 100%.

Read Allen Carr´s book and go to a hypnotist.
    That's a bunch of crap. I've dropped down to 0% nicotine. I'm not addicted to nicotine, so apparently I don't exist. Also, hypnotists aren't even pseudo-science, they're beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    And what you think will happen the day you dont have a e-cig around but there are real cig?
    You have not solved anything really.
    Firstly why would that happen? I have like 8 different batteries, loads of different juices I've tried out over the years, etc.

Secondly...

Um...

I might smoke some cigarettes that day?

I'll still be in one hell of a lot better condition than I'd have been in if I stuck with normal cigarettes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I smoked regularly for a couple of years (5-6 a day, more on weekends), and I just gradually stopped, didn't even plan to. I always hated the smell that lingered after a cigarette and what it did to my stamina, so every time I had a cigarette I had that nagging me.. Eventually I was down to 0 a day without even noticing, just wasn't worth it for me.

Used to smoke 2 packs a day. Then one day out of no where I couldn't get the "blood flowin" "down there" if you know what I mean. GF suggested, hey maybe its the cigarettes. So I figured I might as well try to quit - you know, see if it works - sure enough less than a week later I was back to "full throttle". Haven't touched 'em since.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess what I'm trying to say here is, sometimes the only thing you need to quit is the right motivation.
    Last edited by SleepyBear; 2015-02-19 at 05:37 PM.