Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by willeeer View Post
    Nami, how do you manage so high dps on AoE fights using UF instead of using PE and spamming CL?
    PE just doesn't sinergize well with many of the BRF encounters and I generally would only take it for Tectus Mythic and use the glyph to reduce the CD then delay the 2nd Fire Ele to the mass AoE phase and nothing else.

Main Reason I take UF on the "AoE" fights is because It doesn't really matter what tier 6 talent you take after ~5 mobs it starts to become a DPS lose over prioritizing Earthquake/Chain Lightning (if you get haste proc from Elemental Blast it might have been worth casting) and those fights usually have a single target DPS requirement, on my logs compared to the others in my guild I'm top damange done to Darmac, and I'm also usually top dps on the Primal Elementalists on the Blast Furnace encounter.

But ye... I generally focus more on single target and then just maximize my AoE/Cleave with Liquid Magma and Earthquakes. You can get high DPS on any boss with any mix of talents it's just more or less knowing which buttons to press depending on the situation and then min/maxing what you know.

I was curious when using EF as your lvl 100 talent, do you only want to use the 2 stack buff on Earth Shock? or for Flame shock also?
    Last edited by Gek; 2015-02-20 at 06:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razid View Post
    Why would you EVER use Glyph of Flame Shock? It's sh*t!

Flame Shock is like 5% of your damage.

Which means it will roughly heal you for 2-3% of your total damage. That's awful!

On Gruul N I did 28k dps or 7,8 million damage. 7,800,000 x 0.02 = 156,000 healing over an entire fight. That's what? 4-5 Healing Surges worth of healing over about 4 minutes?

Awful!
    Because there's nothing else to use on fights where you don't glyph chain lightning or shamanistic rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Elajtenzors View Post
    How come people use PE on beastlord, on mythic you really want UF in the last phase for maximum ST no? I even went with EF over LM because we needed more ST.
    Because you spend a lot of the fight using cl over lb. It generates a lot more lightning shield stacks and eq5 is a dps increase on even if it hits only one target. If you need damage for the last phase go UF, if you need damage on the earlier parts go EB/PE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gek View Post
    I was curious when using EF as your lvl 100 talent, do you only want to use the 2 stack buff on Earth Shock? or for Flame shock also?
    You want to use it on flame shock when possible since it only buffs es damage and not fulmination.

Edit: Clarified UF vs PE on beastlord mythic.
    Last edited by mmoc8c922d9e1c; 2015-02-20 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinah View Post
    Because you spend a lot of the fight using cl over lb. It generates a lot more lightning shield stacks and eq5 is a dps increase on even if it hits only one target. Also, PE is more burst than UF especially since you BL in the last phase.
    I ran with Unleash and if you compare me and your kill on Warcraft logs which both had ~1:50 sec last phase and overall a ~10min long encounter. Damage done to Beastlord alone in the entire last phase I averaged 46k and you averaged 33k before you died, and also I capped at 110k dps and you capped at 89k. (again this is damage done to Beastlord ONLY during the last phase)

At the time of both our kills I had around the same gear as you, you had better trinks and I had a weapon with 10 more ilvl so the gap shouldn't really be that large.

Point is if Unleash is used properly it's much better than PE on that fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nami69 View Post
    <snip>

Fair enough, looked through my own logs where i tried all 3 lvl 90 talents while progressing and PE is weakest in the last phase. However my overall damage was the best with PE although it's so close it might just come down to rng/mistakes. I'll edit my earlier post.

Deleted
    i see you guys run elemental mastery on pretty much every fight, are you going to be using it in 6.1 as well or switching to echo?

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
    im definately gona work on taking in all this advice. much appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laciaty View Post
    i see you guys run elemental mastery on pretty much every fight, are you going to be using it in 6.1 as well or switching to echo?
    When i simmed the different talent combos for 6.1 (ptr setting in simcraft) EM came out on top so i'll most likely stick with it for single target fights. I'll probably go echo on operator and maidens though. The main change is that you'll want to run storm ele over elemental fusion, I'm not sure how the 4set changes that though.

Edit: 6.1 talents http://imgur.com/SeX8y7g
    Last edited by mmoc8c922d9e1c; 2015-02-20 at 09:36 AM.

PE just doesn't sinergize well with many of the BRF encounters and I generally would only take it for Tectus Mythic and use the glyph to reduce the CD then delay the 2nd Fire Ele to the mass AoE phase and nothing else.

Main Reason I take UF on the "AoE" fights is because It doesn't really matter what tier 6 talent you take after ~5 mobs it starts to become a DPS lose over prioritizing Earthquake/Chain Lightning (if you get haste proc from Elemental Blast it might have been worth casting) and those fights usually have a single target DPS requirement, on my logs compared to the others in my guild I'm top damange done to Darmac, and I'm also usually top dps on the Primal Elementalists on the Blast Furnace encounter.

But ye... I generally focus more on single target and then just maximize my AoE/Cleave with Liquid Magma and Earthquakes. You can get high DPS on any boss with any mix of talents it's just more or less knowing which buttons to press depending on the situation and then min/maxing what you know.
    So what you are saying is that, for instance, is worth it to delay the cast of Unleashed fury for 1~4sec if you see that a pack of adds is coming in Darmac/operator for exemple, cast 1 CL and EQ then go back to a single target rotation? Gonna run some tests this next week. Thx for the response anyways, i've been looking your logs for a time and now that i had a chance to ask you personally is great. I also noticed that theres another very good elemental shaman that raids with you, and he tends to build different from you and yet you both stay very close on dps.

So what you are saying is that, for instance, is worth it to delay the cast of Unleashed fury for 1~4sec if you see that a pack of adds is coming in Darmac/operator for exemple, cast 1 CL and EQ then go back to a single target rotation?
    Pretty much everytime the adds are coming or about to come make sure Flame Shock is ~15+ secs left on Beastlord so you can transition back into the single target rotation more smoothly or use Lava Surge procs. I Liquid Magma then mouseover chain lightning the adds as their running to the Boss/Tank then place 5 stack Earthquake asap > Earth Shock > Chain Lightning to get back to 5 stacks then the priority is more or less just Earthquake > get 5 stack EQ buff > Earth Shock > Unleash+LavaSurge > Lava Surge > Chain Lightning

I prioritize Unleash only with Lava Surge procs and as much Earth Shocks as I can to maximize the boss damage, it's a very small AoE dps lose to use Unleash at this time but it'll make you're boss damage go up so much during those phases. I had very good procs doing this on a 1% wipe and managed to top Boss damage by 2-3million and sustain 63k dps until I died in the last phase.

You will also want to save all your Elemental Mastery after the opener for the wolves and Earthquake because Earthquake scales insanely well with haste, and as for Liquid Magma it's almost a waste of a GCD pressing it if it's not going to cleave off any mobs so just Delay it and only use it when the wolves comes out or it will last the full duration on them.

I also noticed that theres another very good elemental shaman that raids with you, and he tends to build different from you and yet you both stay very close on dps.
    Yeah he's a very good player but I usually win on the AoE/Cleave fights and he'd usually win on single target, but I have better gear than him now and managed to get 4 set so I should pull ahead of him again. > : )
    Last edited by Nami69; 2015-02-20 at 03:36 PM. Reason: y u no proper face DansGame

Deleted
    PE is like the best option on Hanz/Franz. Better make up your own opinions instead of listening to randoms on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    PE is like the best option on Hanz/Franz. Better make up your own opinions instead of listening to randoms on this forum.
    Have you even killed that boss? They're only stacked for the 1st 30 seconds of the fight and then it's either solo or 1 of them jumps around like a rabbit and because of that Unleashed Fury more than makes up for the incredibly small "cleave" damage the Fire Totem did.

Deleted
    Have you even killed that boss? They're only stacked for the 1st 30 seconds of the fight and then it's either solo or 1 of them jumps around like a rabbit and because of that Unleashed Fury more than makes up for the incredibly small "cleave" damage the Fire Totem did.
    I've ranked #1 on that boss using PE. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...spec=Elemental

The best setup for this boss is EM/PE/LM, so please stop spreading your half knowledge around.

Your guild just downed 3 bosses and you've such a big mouth, laughing my ass off, dude. You got much to learn - so better listen to what I'm saying.

I've ranked #1 on that boss using PE. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...spec=Elemental

The best setup for this boss is EM/PE/LM, so please stop spreading your half knowledge around.

Your guild just downed 3 bosses and you've such a big mouth, laughing my ass off, dude. You got much to learn - so better listen to what I'm saying.
    Meanwhile you're dps is terrible and inconsistent on every other boss fight, k den.

Deleted
    Meanwhile you're dps is terrible and inconsistent on every other boss fight, k den.
    What? Assuming that you ever had useful arguments would be an insult, so I'll just go along and pretend its another empty phrase full of misinformation.

Serious question, what is the proper use of Unleash? Is it only before FS except for when a lavasurge procs or ??

I've been struggling in BRF to put up good numbers and I just feel like I am doing something wrong. So if either you Nami or Rinah got some free time I'd love to chat with you and share logs to hopefully bring my numbers up.

Thanks,
    -Nort

Deleted
    Proper use of UF means using it on cooldown and only for LvB. But its inferior to PE on this fight. Your dps depends alot on how much MS you've. I, for example, have 55% MS unbuffed.. doing decent in BFR so far.

Hmm that's definitely one of the problems for sure. Right now I am sitting at 39% unbuffed (1284 MS). This is mostly due to the fact that I actually wasn't able to raid much for HM and had to get any and all Upgrades in BRF. I am now starting to get some decent gear though (well mostly just MH/OH and a trinket). And I'm sure that it will only get better as I replace my versatility stuff with MS.

Deleted
    The most important slots are weapon and trinkets of course set bonuses. For comparison i have 37.76% multistrike, i wouldnt worry too much about the stats you have since that all depends on what gear you can get your hands on. If you have any questions feel free to add my btag Rinah#2400, I've only played ele for about 2 months (rerolled from resto for a new guild) so I'm still learning as well and it's always good to have others to discuss things with.

something to note is that you killed them 1 minute faster than rank 2 and 3.

If you look at rank 2 who plays with PE and LM and rank 3 with UE and EF the difference isn't that high.