Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Any reason not to just leave when you get bots ?

So i've tried doing some normal quick match solo. And if you get either a bot or no healer it seems you are pretty fucked from the get go. I did ~25 games solo and out of those i had 13 games when one side lacked a healer or had a bot. 100% out of those 13 games was won by the team without the bot or the team that had the healers.
    The bots are pretty horrible i've noticed. Trying to solo boss camps as a sgt hammer for instance and getting stomped hard.

Sure its a small sample but i'm pretty sure even know as i try to work up the size a bit it will stay close to the same. (Variation might be if someone drops from the healer/non bot team).

Is there any real reason to stay in the game if you have one of those setups ? Yes you do get some experience and yes you get a tiny amount of gold but still its pretty much one sided.

Now i don't play solo often and i don't plan to when game is released either but i imagine it being a problem for those that do ?

getting stuck in the leaver's league
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Deleted
    I've heard that it's not implemented and for hero's league its just a quick match and you're back again. But my pov is mainly for unranked games as ranked is only played with a full stacks of serious players.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Some people are just terrible at this game, might not be a bot issue more a learn to play properly. I don't mean that in an elitist way either, but I do think more hints and tips on how a particular hero should be played or just general team play tactics would be nice for those who just cant grasp the concept.
    I went out and watched videos and read tips and tricks and now I can pwn as illidan, before I did that though he was a squishy mess that couldnt kill anything and was more dead than alive most matches.

Deleted
    Well that all fine and dandy but you can tell if someone is a bot by looking at their name. Intead of saying "Caylis - Illidian" it just says Illidian and nothing more,.

Deleted
    In dota2 your mmr doesn't get affected by you being in low prio. And if you're playing mainly ranked (as in with 4 other people) if matters even less as you will have group mmr instead of solo mmr. Dota2 system is beyond broken as you can report someone for anything and if he gets enough reports the person gets low prio.

I don't really see a difference by leaving or parking your hero in the nearest bush and just going alt/tab. But that wasn't really what the thread was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    I've heard that it's not implemented and for hero's league its just a quick match and you're back again. But my pov is mainly for unranked games as ranked is only played with a full stacks of serious players.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When queuing for Quick Match games, the flagged player will be teamed up with other flagged players who have similarly left games early.
    From the latest patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Some people are just terrible at this game, might not be a bot issue more a learn to play properly. I don't mean that in an elitist way either, but I do think more hints and tips on how a particular hero should be played or just general team play tactics would be nice for those who just cant grasp the concept.
    I went out and watched videos and read tips and tricks and now I can pwn as illidan, before I did that though he was a squishy mess that couldnt kill anything and was more dead than alive most matches.
    what does this have to do when u get a Bot ?

Don't worry, bots will be getting better.

I won a fair amount of games with bots, once even with 2 bots on my team. The most important thing is to ALWAYS make bots follow you (or anyone competent in the team). They are still bad of course, but at least they won't be free a free kill for enemy team, and they actually can contribute in team fights. Seriously, when bot is following me, it's usually more useful than your everyday baddie.

But yeah if you just let bot do it's thing without following you, it's just a free kill for enemy team, and essentially playing 4v5.

15+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of games can be won with no healer. You just have to build for as much burst as possible (you want fights to be over as fast as they can be) and/or personal sustain and defensive talents.

As for bots - USE THEM. No point going "wahh there's a bot we lose" when no-one on your team is pinging the bot to make it do things. Hammer trying to solo a boss camp? Why the fuck did people let it go there and not ping it, and just watch it die?

If you leave games because of these reasons, and drop three/four other people in the shit by adding more bots to the team, then: FUCK. YOU.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    You could start by reading the thread instead of bashing something that i've never said as its really nonconstructive.

I think its harder to go burst build now after they patched it down by alot a while back. And it would only work if everyone on your team understand what needs to be done to win...

Have had it happen several times now that people fight about bot orders making it a total shit fest.

15+ Year Old Account
    My God, you're saying that if people on your team are dumb and building badly/fighting over bots, you will likely lose?

A stunning revalation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Plenty of games can be won with no healer. You just have to build for as much burst as possible (you want fights to be over as fast as they can be) and/or personal sustain and defensive talents.

As for bots - USE THEM. No point going "wahh there's a bot we lose" when no-one on your team is pinging the bot to make it do things. Hammer trying to solo a boss camp? Why the fuck did people let it go there and not ping it, and just watch it die?

If you leave games because of these reasons, and drop three/four other people in the shit by adding more bots to the team, then: FUCK. YOU.
    I had my first deliberate leaver last night (ironically, not with randoms - one of those pug teams formed before the match). I wish I could control the AI from the graveyard. At least, ping it once and then ping it at a lane or hero or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I had my first deliberate leaver last night (ironically, not with randoms - one of those pug teams formed before the match). I wish I could control the AI from the graveyard. At least, ping it once and then ping it at a lane or hero or something.
    I am totally on board with the idea of a bot ping changing from "[bot] is now following [player], ping again to release" to "[bot] is now being commanded by [player]". Followed by the bot religeously working with whatever pings the player gives.

Want it to follow you? Ping yourself. Want it to follow someone else? Ping them. Want them to run to a particulat lane? Ping the enemy fort in that lane. Want it to hold particular ground? Ping your own fort. Want it to take a camp? Ping the camp and it will go there and engage. Want it to kill a specific target? Ping the enemy target and it will focus entirely on them. Want it to get out of a fight? Ping retreat on it and it will drop everything and run away along the safest available path. Want it to take an objective eg Shrine? Ping the objective!

Yeah, I like this. Someone with good micro could do REAL work with a bot instead of just having it follow them.

In fact, fuck it, I'm going to post this on the boards after work tonight.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, though they might not give you really precise controls (eg, you can point it to a lane but not more specific than that) or TLV-style APM gods might actually WANT people to leave so they can wreck face with the bots :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    My God, you're saying that if people on your team are dumb and building badly/fighting over bots, you will likely lose?

A stunning revalation.
    Of course. This being a moba and people as usual cant play very well apart from ranked groups asking them to know how to build fight is to much to ask.
    This should't come as a surprise if you're not totally new to the moba genre. Even back in higher mmr wc3 dota people had trouble knowing how to prioritize.

In general a normal bot has aprox ~50% stat compared to a normal player (a bad one even). Doesn't matter if its a support or dps bot it will still not even be close a human player in terms of output.
    If it is then the humans playing must be the bronze 5 , 1k mmr or equivalent of hots and probably should go back to playing with bots anyway until the person learned the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Of course. This being a moba and people as usual cant play very well apart from ranked groups asking them to know how to build fight is to much to ask.
    This should't come as a surprise if you're not totally new to the moba genre. Even back in higher mmr wc3 dota people had trouble knowing how to prioritize.

In general a normal bot has aprox ~50% stat compared to a normal player (a bad one even). Doesn't matter if its a support or dps bot it will still not even be close a human player in terms of output.
    If it is then the humans playing must be the bronze 5 , 1k mmr or equivalent of hots and probably should go back to playing with bots anyway until the person learned the game.
    You're missing the point, which is this:

Winning games with no supp or with a bot is very, very doable.

Deliberately leaving one outright and throwing the rest of your team under a bus because of it is, frankly, a dick move.

I remember at least one game where a guy dced and the bot played way better than he ever did.

Ha played HotS all last night never realised when people ragequit and then it says they've rejoined they are just being played by AI.

I'm one of those everyday baddies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.