Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Retired NJ teacher faces 10 years in prison for an unloaded flintlock gun.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/18...man-in-prison/

NJ may also take away his pension that he earned.
    Very disturbing, especially since pre 1900 guns are not considered firearms by the US government.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Apparently there must be a lot of drive-by flintlock shootings in North Jersey."

- Gordon Van Gilder

Best line ever.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

That's retarded. Reminds me a bit of how the "zero tolerance" policies in schools go too far sometimes.

I hope the guy doesn't end up doing time over this.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    "Apparently there must be a lot of drive-by flintlock shootings in North Jersey."

- Gordon Van Gilder

Best line ever.
    *Drives by*

EAT SOME LEAD!

*Misfires*

Shit.

Something something Chris Christie, amirite?

Isn't that how it works when stuff happens in states with non-Republican governors?

For srs though, this is straight up derp mode. I'm a big advocate for gun control but I'm pretty sure this guy isn't going to be hurting anybody with his old ass gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    *Drives by*

EAT SOME LEAD!

*Misfires*

Shit.
    My new dream is a drive by of Red Coats with Muskets. Oh the glory, oh the 15+ second reload times

When I read these stories I wonder if there's any more to them like he was having sex with a married woman and her husband turned him in or something.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I wonder if I built a trebuchet that the goverment would label me as a terrorist with weapons of mass destruction.

Careful, he might be able to retrieve the weapon from the glove compartment, unscrew the barrel, load some powder, shot, rethread the barrel and prepare the flint before you have a chance to get into your car and drive 2 miles away if he intends to rob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    That gun is prolly more dangerous if used as a club by now. Zero tolerance - Zero sense.

I hope the charges are dropped, way to scam a productive member of society out of his pension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    I wonder if I built a trebuchet that the goverment would label me as a terrorist with weapons of mass destruction.
    To be fair if you used the corpses of rotten cows I'm sure that would get you labeled as a bio-terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Careful, he might be able to retrieve the weapon from the glove compartment, unscrew the barrel, load some powder, shot, rethread the barrel and prepare the flint before you have a chance to get into your car and drive 2 miles away if he intends to rob you.
    It happened to be raining that day.
    Last edited by Conspicuous Cultist; 2015-02-18 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We live in a society that attempts to put criminal charges on children who throw snowballs at school and we're surprised that someone went overboard into Crazy Land over an antique pistol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    We live in a society that attempts to put criminal charges on children who throw snowballs at school and we're surprised that someone went overboard into Crazy Land over an antique pistol?
    That's a thing?

Who the fuck are these people and how did they live past the age of 13?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    When I read these stories I wonder if there's any more to them like he was having sex with a married woman and her husband turned him in or something.
    Its from Fox news, it's almost guaranteed you're not getting the full story.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/18...man-in-prison/

NJ may also take away his pension that he earned.
    Very disturbing, especially since pre 1900 guns are not considered firearms by the US government.
    That was the first thing that popped into my head when I say the thread title. I own several classic black-powder weapons myself, and find occasional amusement in the fact that they're legally not firearms - they're "antique firearms" and, the latter is emphatically not a sub-class of the former.

My guess (confession: without reading TFA) is that a local prosecutor is over-reaching and/or doesn't understand the law.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    My guess (confession: without reading TFA) is that a local prosecutor is over-reaching and/or doesn't understand the law.
    TFA says that New Jersey doesn't exempt antiques from their laws.

I've never been to New Jersey and don't plan on ever going, but their gun laws seem to indicate that most people there are brain dead idiots who elect even more brain dead idiots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    My new dream is a drive by of Red Coats with Muskets. Oh the glory, oh the 15+ second reload times

That's how the revolution was won, didn't you know. Common core really has fucked up education.
    Last edited by mmocf4d0915039; 2015-02-18 at 10:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Where was the good minuteman with a flintlock rifle?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's still a weapon.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    Damn liberals making this place a nanny-hell-hole. If I want to pelt my neighbors annoying children at the bus stop with iceballs loaded into a paintball gun, then I should have every right to.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.