Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Freshly pressed orange juice, unbelievably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchel View Post
    Carbonated water, Red Bull or Green tea. Oh and black Coffee.
    No red coffee?

Calpis (in a can not the concentrate; it just doesn't taste the same).

Wodka7up with ice. Especially during hot summerdays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Splenda causes cancer.
    Prove it.

/10chars
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Prove it.

/10chars
    Maybe not cancer

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1359598

But it apparently effects blood insulin levels; defeating one of the purposes of artificial sweeteners to begin with.

Plus I find I piss a lot more when I drink splenda sweetened beverages to the point that I just avoid it altogether. I'll just take that horrible aftertaste that comes with aspartame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Plus I find I piss a lot more when I drink splenda sweetened beverages to the point that I just avoid it altogether. I'll just take that horrible aftertaste that comes with aspartame.
    For me, Stevia is generally the way to go if possible. I think it tastes a lot better than (most of) the other sweeteners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not cancer

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1359598

But it apparently effects blood insulin levels; defeating one of the purposes of artificial sweeteners to begin with.

I always liked both aspartame and Splenda, so I've never understood all the hate. I grew up drinking Diet Coke, though, so there's that. Always annoys me when people try to tell me not to like Diet Coke like they have the inside scoop on my taste buds.

Pisses me off even more that someone feels the need to preach the evils of aspartame at me. Seems to happen at least once a week. I'm an adult who's fully aware that some people think there's badness with aspartame and I can make my own drinking decisions, thank you very much.

Also, is 17 experimental subjects really a scientific sample?

Root beer. Love me some root beer. IBC is my fav brand.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good hoppy American IPA.

Stone Ruination or Victory Dirt Wolf come to mind.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2015-03-02 at 04:17 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Just pray that it's actually Stevia you're using and that Walter didn't get there first.
    Oh my, took me a moment to get it. That said, I guess I will just have to live with this constantly looming peril.

I always liked both aspartame and Splenda, so I've never understood all the hate. I grew up drinking Diet Coke, though, so there's that. Always annoys me when people try to tell me not to like Diet Coke like they have the inside scoop on my taste buds.

Pisses me off even more that someone feels the need to preach the evils of aspartame at me. Seems to happen at least once a week. I'm an adult who's fully aware that some people think there's badness with aspartame and I can make my own drinking decisions, thank you very much.

Also, is 17 experimental subjects really a scientific sample?
    To form a hypothesis in order to warrant further experimenting yes.

Unfortunately the state of science seems to be: Small hypothetical trial: Media blows results out of proportion, everybody draws conclusion they want to, and the further testing demanded by the results never happens.

But yeah, I like coke zero, I find they've done really well to mask the aspartame aftertaste, although I find after drinking aspartame sweetened beverages for a long enough period of time the aftertaste seems to go away on it's own anyways.

It's kind of like Stevia. I find it has a bit of a weird hotness to it, but you become tolerant to it and it's like, meh, whatever.

I mean in the grand scheme of things, no serious complications for humans have been experimentally proven for:
    High Sodium Foods, Saturated Fat, MSG, Any of the zero calorie sweeteners, and a whole host of other things that get demonized in food.

In fact in some cases, like with saturated fat, the science actually says the opposite of what is conventional "health wisdom" (saturated fat increases HDL levels, whereas unsaturated vegetable fats cause elevated LDL levels and consequently arterial inflammation) and yet we are teaching children in school to kill themselves with vegetable oil because the studies got burried under the media shitstorm about the importance of "low fat" diets.

10+ Year Old Account
    This amazing stuff right here

- "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    To form a hypothesis in order to warrant further experimenting yes.

Unfortunately the state of science seems to be: Small hypothetical trial: Media blows results out of proportion, everybody draws conclusion they want to, and the further testing demanded by the results never happens.

But yeah, I like coke zero, I find they've done really well to mask the aspartame aftertaste, although I find after drinking aspartame sweetened beverages for a long enough period of time the aftertaste seems to go away on it's own anyways.

It's kind of like Stevia. I find it has a bit of a weird hotness to it, but you become tolerant to it and it's like, meh, whatever.

I mean in the grand scheme of things, no serious complications for humans have been experimentally proven for:
    High Sodium Foods, Saturated Fat, MSG, Any of the zero calorie sweeteners, and a whole host of other things that get demonized in food.

In fact in some cases, like with saturated fat, the science actually says the opposite of what is conventional "health wisdom" (saturated fat increases HDL levels, whereas unsaturated vegetable fats cause elevated LDL levels and consequently arterial inflammation) and yet we are teaching children in school to kill themselves with vegetable oil because the studies got burried under the media shitstorm about the importance of "low fat" diets.
    Well I generally take all the food health studies with a grain of salt (hur hur) because I don't have the ability to knowledgably read the journal articles and determine their reasonableness, and new published studies seem to come out every few months contradicting each other. It seems to be one of these areas where there is SOME overriding truth, but the majority of what you hear seems to be the good old "what people want to believe" or "what people are afraid of." There's enough conflict in the field that people can reasonably believe whatever they want, beyond the few unquestionable truths (weight loss happens when calories in < calories out).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Smoothies are awesome. Especially Strawberry Smoothies. At the moment I easily drink like a litre every day.

Water when not eating anything or eating something sweet, fat free milk when eating something salty.

Chocolate Milk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Smoothies are awesome. Especially Strawberry Smoothies. At the moment I easily drink like a litre every day.
    Seems like a lot of calories for something you're drinking rather than eating.

Deleted
    Seems like a lot of calories for something you're drinking rather than eating.
    Priorities. I normally eat less than 900-1000 calories worth of food, so there is plenty of room for smoothies or other such shenanigans.