Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ISIL may be harvesting organs to fund activites

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Iraq's ambassador to the United Nations asked the U.N. Security Council on Tuesday to look at allegations that the Islamic State group is using organ harvesting as a way to finance its operations.

Ambassador Mohamed Alhakim told reporters that in the past few weeks, bodies with surgical incisions and missing kidneys or other body parts have been found in shallow mass graves.

"We have bodies. Come and examine them," he said. "It is clear they are missing certain parts."

He also said a dozen doctors have been "executed" in Mosul for refusing to participate in organ harvesting.

Alhakim briefed the council on the overall situation in Iraq and accused the Islamic State group of "crimes of genocide" in targeting certain ethnic groups.

The outgoing U.N. envoy to Iraq, Nikolay Mladenov, told the council that 790 people were killed in January alone by terrorism and armed conflict.

Mladenov noted the increasing number of reports and allegations that the Islamic State group is using organ harvesting as a financing method, but he said only that "it's very clear that the tactics ISIL is using expand by the day." He used an acronym for the group.

He said Iraq's most pressing goal is to win back the vast territory that the Islamic State group has seized in the past year. The Sunni militants seized a third of both Iraq and neighboring Syria and imposed strict Sharia law.

"Especially worrying is the increasing number of reports of revenge attacks committed particularly against members of the Sunni community in areas liberated from ISIL control," Mladenov said.

http://news.yahoo.com/iraq-envoy-un-...010243591.html

Wow, this is a new low. These guys have hit cartoon villan status. What does MMOC-OT think is a proper response (correct answer definately isn't a job program)

15+ Year Old Account
    You sure they are not just using them as food?

Also you using yahoo news? I would rather listen to the town crier.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    What because they're brown they don't deserve to harvest the organs of the people they behead? You're such a racist
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Well they have said they were in need of doctors. Perhaps they are stitching up their comrades?
    Maybe selling them to black markets for cash as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You sure they are not just using them as food?

Also you using yahoo news? I would rather listen to the town crier.
    They referenced the AP, so im going to assume its sound.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    What because they're brown they don't deserve to harvest the organs of the people they behead? You're such a racist
    Damn, I guess i better check my White privledge, don't want to offend anyone :P

There is only two ways to solve this:

1) Leave the area, take all troops and supplies, embargo them. Or
    2) Kill them all, until there is no one left to remember what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post

I'd like the latter. These guys are just....well...something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Nope, jobs program.

I have it on good authority that these people are just sitting around waiting to trade in their generation-ally ingrained irreproachable religious beliefs for a minimum wage job at Taco Bell.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    So are they taking lessons from the Chinese now?

Is anyone really surprised? ISIS is the embodiment of all evil and barbarism. These aren't people. They are sub-human savages. Chimpanzees are more civilized than them. These fuckers need to be lined up and burnt alive. They need to suffer what they've been inflicting on others. They probably rape the corpses of the bodies they harvest after they are finished as well. I wouldn't be surprised if these bastards started cooking and eating children. They're worse than Stalin, Hitler and Vlad the Impaler combined.

That's beyond deplorable. In response to your question, I don't know how I'd like to see this handled. Maybe a TRUE coalition effort this time around? I'm just tired of hearing about the middle east, it's so depressing and I don't have any idea what the right approach is to clean up that mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll wait for people to come and see the bodies the sole Iraqi Envoy claims to have organs removed on before I bite into another Weapons of Mass Destruction Conspiracy Theory.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Beyond cruelty it would explain why they burn people, evidence destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    I think I'll wait for people to come and see the bodies the sole Iraqi Envoy claims to have organs removed on before I bite into another Weapons of Mass Destruction Conspiracy Theory.
    I don't really think "ISIS doing more deplorable and crazy shit" is anything like "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction so let's invade them." I mean really, it's not like anyone needs to make up new stuff that ISIS does to piss the world off, they do enough of that themselves. Once you start burning people alive in cages, it's only a matter of time before everyone gangs up and starts kicking the shit out of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I don't really think "ISIS doing more deplorable and crazy shit" is anything like "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction so let's invade them." I mean really, it's not like anyone needs to make up new stuff that ISIS does to piss the world off, they do enough of that themselves. Once you start burning people alive in cages, it's only a matter of time before everyone gangs up and starts kicking the shit out of you.
    While they do a lot of crazy things the whole selling kidneys on the black market is an urban legend we've all heard. I'd still rather see actual proof than the words of one Iraqi envoy.

Ok so ISIS is a bunch of bad guys, that's obvious.

That said, this reeks of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post

What reeks of bullshit?

I mean seriously, beheading dozens of people at once, tossing gays off cliffs, burning men alive, mass executions, live burials, is it too far of a stretch to think that maybe they might harvest organs of who they believe to be apostates and infidels?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post

You sound like an ISIS apologist.

Mod Edit: Please post constructively.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2015-02-20 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    What reeks of bullshit?

I mean seriously, beheading dozens of people at once, tossing gays off cliffs, burning men alive, mass executions, live burials, is it too far of a stretch to think that maybe they might harvest organs of who they believe to be apostates and infidels?
    Well, first the guy making it an Iraqi politician so he has a pretty vested interest in making ISIS look bad (which of course they are). Additionally there's no actual evidence presented. Plus its just like a comically bad criminal conspiracy story. Like what's next? That they're developing a volcano base?

If anything they probably found some mutilated bodies and decided to up the shock factor.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'd like the latter. These guys are just....well...something else.
    It would only motivate them and get them even more followers. They would LOVE to fight US or EU forces, it would be the greatest thign for them. It musn't happen.