Poll: Which spec will you play in 6.1?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Welcome back BM, 6.1 soon.

Honestly, I am kinda mad atm. It was fun in SoO, but it was also enough. Switching back to it, and getting "new" gear .. just ahh

I will might stay SV.
    Last edited by mmoccf278a5b22; 2015-02-20 at 05:16 AM.

I've always been BM so..yeah.
    ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
    Blackout Kick now causes the victim to wake up the next day and question their life choices.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it is viable (I haven't really been keeping track), I would love play BM, MM would be nice also. I'm just not a fan of Survival.

check out my hunter weak auras, click here

Quote Originally Posted by Moonfalora View Post
    I've always been BM so..yeah.
    ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
    I've recently switched to BM just because my Sec-Stats are so terrible... I can't get any Multistrike to save my life...

My BM spec is currently competing with the SV hunters in my guild, but I'm unsure if they are doing something correct... I'm able to keep up with them using a 645 Weapon and 640 trinkets, when they are nearly 670 geared. Not sure what is going on there, honestly.

In any case, I'm happy for changes we're getting. There are a few I don't think where needed, and a couple that where really needed.

The powershot buff, I'll probably still will not use it, even though the damage it can do is extremely high. Barrage is just too delicious!

Talents
    Barrage damage has been increased by 21%.
    Exhilaration now instantly heals for 30% of max health (up from 22%).
    Glaive Toss damage has been increased by 25%.
    Powershot damage has been increased by 62%.
    Stampede now lasts 40 seconds (up from 20 seconds).

Beast Mastery
    Improved Focus Fire now grants an 8% increase to attack power per Frenzy stack consumed (up from 5%).

Marksman
    Careful Aim now increases critical strike chance of Steady Shot, Focusing Shot, and Aimed Shot by 50% (down from 60%).
    Chimaera Shot damage increased by 30.4%.
    Sniper Training is now 25% more effective.

Survival
    Trap Mastery no longer reduces the cooldown of all traps and Black Arrow by 6 seconds.
    Black Arrow now has a cooldown of 24 seconds (down from 30 seconds).
    Enhanced Traps now reduces the cooldown on all traps by 33% (down from 50%).

Hunter Pets
    Basilisks now have a pet family ability. Stone Scales reduces damage taken by the pet. Previously, Basilisks did not have a pet family ability.
    Hydra pets should no longer be excessively large.
    Spirit Beast's Spirit Beast Blessing now also provides a 5% increase to critical strike chance. Does not stack with other critical strike chance buffs. Previously, other exotic pet families provided buffs to 2 stats while Spirit Beasts provided only 1.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still BM with MM offspec and planning to stay that way in 6.1. Survival may be 70% of the hunter spec i see nowadays but I tried it before and actually detest the spec just as much as in SoO days.

So glad BM got buffs, though I kinda hoped they'd buff them elsewhere like kill command since the buff they got just puts an even bigger importance to focus-fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    I've recently switched to BM just because my Sec-Stats are so terrible... I can't get any Multistrike to save my life...

My BM spec is currently competing with the SV hunters in my guild, but I'm unsure if they are doing something correct... I'm able to keep up with them using a 645 Weapon and 640 trinkets, when they are nearly 670 geared. Not sure what is going on there, honestly.

In any case, I'm happy for changes we're getting. There are a few I don't think where needed, and a couple that where really needed.

The powershot buff, I'll probably still will not use it, even though the damage it can do is extremely high. Barrage is just too delicious!
    If you want to see why you are competing with someone that is higher item level than you, just look at your raid logs. Things like Warcraft Logs will show your percentile ranking. If they are ranking in the 10th percentile and you are in the 90th percentile that means they are terrifyingly bad at the game and you are a very solid player.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    If you want to see why you are competing with someone that is higher item level than you, just look at your raid logs. Things like Warcraft Logs will show your percentile ranking. If they are ranking in the 10th percentile and you are in the 90th percentile that means they are terrifyingly bad at the game and you are a very solid player.
    Erm.
    I've been playing BM a lot more, rather. I still go SV though for the fights where I'm switching targets a lot between the boss and the Adds (Or Adds, boss and Spears on Darmac.)

But I've been playing both at nearly an equal rate in single target and AoE.

Also looks that my Average Casts per minute is way higher than the other hunters in my raid group (I'm nearly 70 CpM, other are 35-58).

Ah well... I'll deal with that another time, I suppose...

... What would be everyone's average DPS in the 660-670 range out of curiosity?

Whichever is the best for the fight that we're currently working on. So probably BM for big cleave, SV for single target + Kromog, MM for 2 cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
    Whichever is the best for the fight that we're currently working on. So probably BM for big cleave, SV for single target + Kromog, MM for 2 cleave.
    What I'm thinking, until I can test to see, is MM Might replace SV for Single / two-target

Is it really simming that much better in 6.1? Just now hearing about this for 6.1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aeiron View Post
    Is it really simming that much better in 6.1? Just now hearing about this for 6.1
    Mostly the hype is with the 4piece being much stronger than people thought, 6.1 buff also helps.

Deleted
    From sims it looks like all spec will be in around 500 DPS of each other for ST with MM pushing ahead on 2 target cleave and BM on AOE

Still hoping things change and either Survival/Marksman get a small nudge upwards or BM 4 piece gets toned down (more likely).

Quote Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
    why would you go sv for single target if bm is better?

Deleted
    so,

with the 4pc BM seems to be overall the strongest spec.

If i don't have i suppose i have to sim and see which is better bm or sv?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmama View Post
    so,

with the 4pc BM seems to be overall the strongest spec.

If i don't have i suppose i have to sim and see which is better bm or sv?
    Might be MM for st actually

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Might be MM for st actually
    BM best. T100 talent is Adaptation in all situations, meaning DPS doesn't change depending on movement needs.

Also BM is best for Single-target, 2-target and 3-target. The only thing that SV is better at is multi-dotting, which only you can really make use of on Blackhand(for what it's worth, depends on strat) and Oregorger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    BM best. T100 talent is Adaptation in all situations, meaning DPS doesn't change depending on movement needs.

Also BM is best for Single-target, 2-target and 3-target. The only thing that SV is better at is multi-dotting, which only you can really make use of on Blackhand(for what it's worth, depends on strat) and Oregorger.
    As said, without 4p. Azor is suggesting MM for single target fights in his guide atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    As said, without 4p. Azor is suggesting MM for single target fights in his guide atm.
    "4-piece bonus, and Marksmanship should be used for pure single-target fights like Gruul until you have it."

BM is better ST aswell, once you get 4p.

Quote Originally Posted by Jep3 View Post
    "4-piece bonus, and Marksmanship should be used for pure single-target fights like Gruul until you have it."

BM is better ST aswell, once you get 4p.
    You're both saying the same thing.