10+ Year Old Account

Download new patch 6.1...

I see on front page of mmo-champion that we are able to download future 6.1 patch via bn downloader, but when i start launcher i was only able to update hots.Anybody else have some issue or you can download new patch without any problems?

thx and cheers

P.S. in past never ever have any issue with downloading new patch, so i think my seetings are fine...and yes I talkning about eu client...

Maybe you already downloaded it?

How big can patch 6.1 be: 50-100 MB maybe; no content, not much to download (althrough i think only blizzard can manage to create a big file size with no content in it).

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    How big can patch 6.1 be: 50-100 MB maybe; no content, not much to download (althrough i think only blizzard can manage to create a big file size with no content in it).
    The screenshot shows it's over 2GB. No idea how that's even remotely possible unless all the recolored textures that are going to be used are in 10k resolution.

But yeah, the OP may have had automatic downloads on or needs to restart.

Specifically, can you see the download icon at all?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Specifically, can you see the download icon at all?
    nope m8,anyway did you able to download for yourself, and are you in us or eu client?

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    I see on front page of mmo-champion that we are able to download future 6.1 patch via bn downloader, but when i start launcher i was only able to update hots.Anybody else have some issue or you can download new patch without any problems?

thx and cheers

P.S. in past never ever have any issue with downloading new patch, so i think my seetings are fine...and yes I talkning about eu client...
    Currently using data from my mobile phone so watching my downloads and had the exact same concern.

Went to start downloading and came up showing ~2.76gb. Think it can wait until I get my proper connection active..

Check to see if you have a PTR download waiting. I know that was tying me up for the background download to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can provide some specifics but someone else should check the math. My download is 37% complete. I have 453.8 mb remaining. So something like 720mb or so total?
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-02-22 at 06:40 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I can provide some specifics but someone else should check the math. My download is 37% complete. I have 453.8 mb remaining. So something like 720mb or so total?
    My download was 2.88 GB
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

It was around 1.52GB over and above existing data. The downloader started almost halfway directly and completed the rest.

downloading 2.8 Gb atm

Would like to know if there is a way to check to see if a user has it pre-loaded.
    With the old filesystem on MPQ, they where taged in the file names with expansion revision numbers... The new CASC file system hides so much data, it's annoying.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Around 2.8 GB. I wonder why, if there will be no really significant additions or changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Around 2.8 GB. I wonder why, if there will be no really significant additions or changes.
    They threw in a couple uncompressed jpeg "sample selfies" to make it seem more meaty.

I KID, I KID!
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mine said 2.81Gb when it just kicked in this afternoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even download it. For hours it just sits there and says "the download is preparing to start". It never starts up. Been like that for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I can't even download it. For hours it just sits there and says "the download is preparing to start". It never starts up. Been like that for days.
    Scan and repair then restart bnet, that should fix it.