Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Skype would work if this site ever closes til another site is found.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I don't know of too many good off topic forums these days, trend has been towards social media lately and I feel like the new generation isn't all that much into forums as much. Nice to have one of these community-building type threads though
    ain't that the truth. It's hard to believe how long forums have been around, I remember my first was a crazy pirated copy of ubb called Resident evil extreme turbo ++.. back in 1998. That site went belly up after the admin went crazy and blew his brains out. few stepped in and never really got back up, started playing wow a few years later with some of the folks from that site, and drifted here, i believe it was back when the main dude here (i can never remember his screen name, Garfield avatar) was posting mad data about tbc I think. He did some insane data mining and this place was THE new hot shit.

Sorry for the rambling bad grammar up above, i've been up 48 hours and i might be on a few different drugs atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I don't like reddit, I get a lot of down votes for speaking my mind. Same with the new WoW forums.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Anyone who makes use of critical thinking or who offers an alternate viewpoint seems fated to be silenced on sites such as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I don't like reddit, I get a lot of down votes for speaking my mind.
    I'm somewhat surprised MMO-C hasn't taken this route yet. Generally a good way of filtering out the trolls.

This place is going to die when the Internet is shut off. Until then, I will not worry about such surreal ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cyndallis View Post
    I'm somewhat surprised MMO-C hasn't taken this route yet. Generally a good way of filtering out the trolls.
    I'm glad they haven't. Nobody would read my shit.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyndallis View Post
    And equally, or even moreso, often its used because people disagree with someone. So posts that could be thoroughly educational or informative are lost because people get butthurt somebody dared to not think like they do.

On topic: Nothing, really. Its just a forum. Only true purpose of MMO-C is for WoW news, and WoWhead does that usually faster and more accurately already so I'd go there. Besides that MMO-C is just where people go to fight about irrelevant shit on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will never die because we are ALL MMO-C.

A back up plan? Perhaps a life of solitude in a cloister, tending to the gardens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i'd just be on reddit, nothing will ever fill the hole in my heart that this place will leave =(
    Reddit does seem like the best alternative, which is unfortunate, since I hate the UI for Reddit. I also hate how clicking links there causes you to navigate away.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    one of the many Chan's probably.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i'd just be on reddit, nothing will ever fill the hole in my heart that this place will leave =(
    Reddit? yeah no. Fuck that. People get spiteful enough talking about videogames, let alone anything IRL. Rating systems just encourage groupthink. People get rated down more often for being correct when everyone else thinks otherwise than for giving out blatantly wrong information. I can't imagine what sort of masochism would cause someone to want to talk about anything political under those abusive circumstances.

No thanks. Fuuuuuuuuuck that.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Neopets.

(Probably Reddit. *shrugs*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Reddit? yeah no. Fuck that. People get spiteful enough talking about videogames, let alone anything IRL. Rating systems just encourage groupthink. People get rated down more often for being correct when everyone else thinks otherwise than for giving out blatantly wrong information. I can't imagine what sort of masochism would cause someone to want to talk about anything political under those abusive circumstances.

No thanks. Fuuuuuuuuuck that.
    Yeah I have to admit I see a lot more of people coming to consensus on Reddit due to the power of the rating systems, which just ends up eliminating proper debate.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Probably go back to 4chan and make fun of manlets and insecure minorities.

If this forum dies I lose like 80% of my distractions throughout the day, not sure but probably end up in a mental hospital.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no back up forum to replace this one unfortunately.

I tried joining a Kpop specific forum a while ago for obvious reasons, unfortunately it felt more like an extension of tumblr than a Kpop forum. Half the threads somehow turned into race representation in Kpop and I'm just like..I just wanna talk about the music and idols. They had a Gen OT style forum too but it got like 1 post a week.

I've stumbled upon other forums before but none as diverse, active or enjoyable to post on as this forum. I'm not sure there is any forum like this considering how many people find this forum by googling something unrelated and a thread on MMOC pops up as a top result, our forum has an advantage I think with WoW being such a massive game and most that read WoW news coming here, and a lot ending up on the forum. I think a lot of people just forgo forums for reddit or tumblr or other things nowadays.

My rule of thumb I'd say is if I have to wait more than 5-10 minutes for a response on average then it's definitely not the forum for me and unfortunately every forum I've tried in the last ~5years bar this one that is true for, also if discussion is limited to only one topic then probably also not the forum for me unless I really love the topic but still that couldn't be my main forum, more a side forum.

As for reddit, I agree with what Rukh said but also I just can't use it because of the layout, I doubt they'll ever change it but I can't use a layout like that without cringing with every click.