Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Have you broken Wow? [Screenshot thread]

I've been playing for a while, although I'm not the type that takes a lot of screenshots. However, recently I've encountered a few small bugs / glicthes and I thought that this might be a fun thread for /general.

So, here I present my start to this thread.

Picture. 1

2 manning Elegon 10. The floor gave way, and didn't re-appear. This meant that we were unable to loot the chest.

Picture 2.

On my way to Khadgar. I discovered that if I was mounted on my Traveller's Tundra Mammoth, I would experience this 'swimming' animation when being transported through the arcane portals.

Picture 3.

Decided today to try work a bit more towards my 'Getting around with the Shado-pan' achievement. Instead of using a flying mount, this guy decided that his tiger could fly.

What bugs / glitches have you encountered ! Screenshots please!
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no images but:

If you kill Professor Putricide too quickly, the door will drop, but the "boss is dead" command has already been sent, so the door will not open.

Killing Al'Akir too quickly (10 man normal with a 50+ energy ferocious bite for example) will cause the boss to die without breaking the platform, which whilst you gain the ability to fly, causes the blue shard to be unlootable, as there is an invisible barrier where the boss used to be.

Not so much a bug as the mechanics I guess, but on Shannox, dots on Rageface do not count to break his Face Rage ability, so if you do not have a pet, it becomes quite difficult to solo as you get stunned and murdered.

A similar one is the Majordomo trash, the cats will use Reckless Leap, which stuns you and them for 10 seconds, if they do not jump in sync and catch you, you can end up chain stunned indefinitely, if you have self healing (gift of ysera for example), you cannot die, I got stuck like that for about 10 minutes (talking to someone), before getting bored and alt-f4 logging out for a half hour to soft reset

When I was lesser geared, Beth'Tilac 25 heroic wouldn't die upstairs, so when we both dropped downstairs the adds that dangle there chain stunned me, I had the gift of Ysera problem again, about 10 minutes later Beth'tilac finally enraged and did enough damage to kill me

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I have to be most careful of in my mount farming. (though i do firelands on 10 man normal now to speed it up)

With regards your own images, I noticed the swimming teleporter on my Troll Hunter when I used it on the Grand Expedition Yak.
    Last edited by Rixis; 2015-02-22 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    A similar one is the Majordomo trash, the cats will use Reckless Leap, which stuns you and them for 10 seconds, if they do not jump in sync and catch you, you can end up chain stunned indefinitely, if you have self healing (gift of ysera for example), you cannot die, I got stuck like that for about 10 minutes (talking to someone), before getting bored and alt-f4 logging out for a half hour to soft reset
    I had this happen once to me. Just happened to be careless when soloing and it took forever for the cats to kill me.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account

back in TBC, he was very excited to get a new helm, when suddenly...
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh, I remember an oooooold one. I think it was fixed in the Cata pre-patch. If you autoran on the Undercity lift, going from bottom to top, when it got to the top, it would disconnect you, as your head crashed into the lip/floor at the top exit.

It was reproducable, happened every time I tried it, up until about the Cata pre-patch, when I did it and noticed I didn't get DC'd

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/a/WkieU

I took these back in Cataclysm when I fell through the floor in Halls of Lightning and ran around exploring for a bit. There wasn't much down there but it was pretty amusing when random bits of the instance would appear out of nowhere.

As a mage I've blinked into places that gets me stuck. Nothing really game breaking but it sure is fuckin annoying.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

10+ Year Old Account
    You can blink through the stairs of the Dwarven AH and walk underneath SW

7+ Year Old Account
    I went through and looked at hundreds and hundreds of screenshots I have taken over my 10 years in WoW and the majority of them are either people saying hilarious things in trade, or bugs.

I picked out some of my favorite bugs and made crappy looking collages with them to save some space.

How about some horrifying texture issues where my raid's faces tended to swap places back in WotLK.
    These all took place when Ulduar was the current raid.

Of course, there's the all common falling under the world issues we have all seen.
    Top Left: I walked into the AH in SW and fell under it. (During MoP)
    Top Right: I forget what instance I was in, but as soon as I accepted the queue, the game loaded me into a random void. (During MoP)
    Bottom: My raid and I found a piece of terrain you could walk through inside the entrance of Bastion of Twilight. (During Cata)

Going to make another post with some more!
    The true demon lord.

in vanilla i was on my warrior and disconnected. couldnt log back in on him. so i logged onto my warlock. a bit later someone mentioned that my warrior was standing in org, so i went to look. the result was a screenshot of my lock standing next to my warrior, both on the same account. just tried to find it but after looking at the mess that is my img folder i decided to just post some text.

Deleted
    One time, I hit auto fly in a random direction and tabbed out to watch a movie, 2 hours later I remembered that I was going to do Ulduar, tabbed back in to this:

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's some really fun tooltip errors!
    Center: I found a flotsam fishing node in the middle of land. Couldn't fish in it though.
    Bottom left: This hunter's pet was quite literally just some fire. I have no idea how.
    Bottom Right: Randomly getting emails from Blizz GMs using me as guinea pig or something.
    Top Right: Placeholder Fishing Node tooltip on mouseover. And a random TASK buff i got somehow.

How about some random stuff?
    Center: My friend turning in his legendary staff as the tree from the Draenei starting area. (during Cata.)
    Bottom Left: Me doing the same thing as the fish trinket. (during Cata.)
    Right: I was casting chain heal on people outside the shrine of the Seven Stars and it would randomly bounce into space and come back down. No one was up there. (During MoP)
    Top Left: I got off a multi-person mount at the exact time a party member of mine got on. He ended up riding on my face. (during Cata)

I have 100s more screencaps of bugs, from flying motorcycles, to Mal'Ganis spawning inside the entrance of Culling of Stratholme. Maybe I'll make some more posts.
    The true demon lord.

Back when using the swapbuster on someone was bugged and left a permanent line between the two of you that everyone could see. Could be useful for knowing where your team mates were in a BG, but I don't think the stealthed rogues liked it to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You can blink through the stairs of the Dwarven AH and walk underneath SW
    It's not working for me. Care to elaborate?

OT: Used falling flame with a glider and found a gap in the invisible walls around Tannan and flew in. Spent 10 minutes running around blank terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    What bugs / glitches have you encountered ! Screenshots please!
    Fun thread idea. I've encountered both 2 and 3 while playing too. Flying around with just your character is an enjoyable bug.

Here's a few (out of 100's like another said) of visual bugs that either happened by chance or were caused by using the Farwater Conch. That toy is great for getting alternative viewpoints. Also for peering through seemingly solid walls thanks to clever placement, like on a corner or jagged edge.

1. As decrepit as Scholomance appears, they actually have high-tech, floating green-screens, to make your instance more believable!

2. There's a group of Shado-Pan huddled around a large conduit when entering Shado-Pan Monastery. If you aggro them, but do not kill them, they unleash Raiden upon you.

3. While exploring around Karabor, I accidentally blinked through a wall. Some climbing around and a goblin glider later, and it turns out Karabor is pretty hollow inside (save one place).

4. If you're a Mage, you know exactly how it feels to be a Keg of Beer among many other objects. Here's a taste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have I need to say more? Do you really believe in what you see?

I have a lot... Here are just a few.... For now

I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Killing Al'Akir too quickly (10 man normal with a 50+ energy ferocious bite for example) will cause the boss to die without breaking the platform, which whilst you gain the ability to fly, causes the blue shard to be unlootable, as there is an invisible barrier where the boss used to be.
    If you fly up high enough you can get past the barrier, at least I could every time it happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    3. While exploring around Karabor, I accidentally blinked through a wall. Some climbing around and a goblin glider later, and it turns out Karabor is pretty hollow inside (save one place).

So that's why we did not get Karabor as main city, they just could not finish it before launch? /tinfoilhat

Edit: i really should dig up my old screenshots, there should be few nice bugs.

Deleted
    There used to be a well known "exploit" to get to the Wintergrasp instances when your faction didn't control it.
    One of the Icecrown citadel "spikes" has a hole at the the bottom. You can fly under the world and resurface inside the Wintergrasp keep and enter the instance portal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    So that's why we did not get Karabor as main city, they just could not finish it before launch? /tinfoilhat
    Meh. /10char