Question about enchant/gem's for 6.1 BM

My question is...should i go haste for enchant's and gem's...or mastery ? =)

What about Multi strike considering the fact that you sometimes might switch to MM?

maybe the scope....but for cloak, ring, neck and gems....i think it is haste/mastery.

Some theory crafters are saying mastery, some are saying haste. Mastery is mathematically best, but they're so insanely close that it's really a judgement call. All of the stats are really close for BM, so the multi suggestion is also fair game if you want to maintain an off set for either other spec.

haste is the worst for single target BM right?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    haste is the worst for single target BM right?
    Nope, Hast is ~= mastery right at the top. Most theorycrafters are ranking them around 0.49 and 0.48 or so. (Er, in terms of "right now" being "on Tuesday when 6.1 drops", though that isn't a huge change from before it.)

Here's a breakdown I did yesterday for the various enchant/gem options.

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...-61/?p=2278812

This applies to BiS. There does appear to be a bit of gradient here, so check your own sims to make sure it's appropriate for your gear.

Deleted
    With my 669ilvl, haste and mastery enchants both simmed lower than the multi enchants I already had. Unless the string for those enchants on SimC is anything other than 50mastery or 50haste, like 50mult instead of multistrike in full...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeral View Post
    With my 669ilvl, haste and mastery enchants both simmed lower than the multi enchants I already had. Unless the string for those enchants on SimC is anything other than 50mastery or 50haste, like 50mult instead of multistrike in full...
    I have the same situation happening with my gear. Unlike with SV or MM where MS and Crit, respectively, are significantly ahead of other stats, the single target Patchwerk sims are going to show varying preferences for BM across the gear ranges. If you sim multiple targets, e.g. 3, you should start to see haste pull ahead though.

ty for the info guys =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Im keeping my multistrike on, its only like a .01-0.02 difference in stat weight and its huge for survival for fights ill swap back to that. sooo

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    Im keeping my multistrike on, its only like a .01-0.02 difference in stat weight and its huge for survival for fights ill swap back to that. sooo
    This is a good point. I didn't realize just how close the stat weights are for BM even from best to worst. I still really like the SV play style so I'm not ready to go gung-ho just yet and completely re-enchant/gem for BM. Think I'm just gonna stick with my MS enchants/gems for this week, see how I feel next week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    the difference is much bigger than 0.02 the more targets there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elleyna View Post
    This is a good point. I didn't realize just how close the stat weights are for BM even from best to worst. I still really like the SV play style so I'm not ready to go gung-ho just yet and completely re-enchant/gem for BM. Think I'm just gonna stick with my MS enchants/gems for this week, see how I feel next week.
    You know that SV is just as strong today as it was yesterday, right? BM got a boost, but SV didn't get nerfed. So if you were clearing content and avoiding bezerk timers yesterday, you can one hundred percent clear content and avoid bezerk timers today.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    You know that SV is just as strong today as it was yesterday, right? BM got a boost, but SV didn't get nerfed. So if you were clearing content and avoiding bezerk timers yesterday, you can one hundred percent clear content and avoid bezerk timers today.
    I'm aware. BM is supposedly slightly ahead though so I'm gonna give it a try to see if I like it or not.

Switching from MS enchants to mastery/haste nets me about a 1-1.5k dps loss on a pure single target fight. I imagine these numbers change with cleave of 3, as you said, but since I'm progressing on hans franz/gruul mythic do you think the multistrike enchants are worth keeping until we move to maidens/furnace/operator etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Cppz View Post
    Switching from MS enchants to mastery/haste nets me about a 1-1.5k dps loss on a pure single target fight. I imagine these numbers change with cleave of 3, as you said, but since I'm progressing on hans franz/gruul mythic do you think the multistrike enchants are worth keeping until we move to maidens/furnace/operator etc?
    For your specific scenario, I'm sure you'll be fine. Haste scales much higher on multi target for BM, so if you're doing Gruul you're probably ok not swapping. You will start to see a difference on almost every other fight in BRF, however, so decide if you want to swap before getting to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantof View Post
    For your specific scenario, I'm sure you'll be fine. Haste scales much higher on multi target for BM, so if you're doing Gruul you're probably ok not swapping. You will start to see a difference on almost every other fight in BRF, however, so decide if you want to swap before getting to them
    Question to anyone: Does the haste start pulling ahead for only 3 or more targets, or does it start as low as 2 targets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaeral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    I have the same situation happening with my gear. Unlike with SV or MM where MS and Crit, respectively, are significantly ahead of other stats, the single target Patchwerk sims are going to show varying preferences for BM across the gear ranges. If you sim multiple targets, e.g. 3, you should start to see haste pull ahead though.
    I'm also 669 ilvl and seeing Multi highest for patchwerk simmed BM, will try 3 target.

Edit: I'd also like to sim with my craftable items as haste/mastery (currently crit/multi), what would be the bonus_id for this? I can't figure out how to work this out...
    legs=wayfaring_leggings,id=116189,bonus_id=76/527/536
    feet=wayfaring_boots,id=116193,bonus_id=76/527/536

2nd Edit: Using mostly crit/multi gear but changing enchants & gems, 3 target patchwerk & Steady Focus/Blink Strikes/Barrage/Adaptation, 2pc T17 bonus, these were the results;
    BM_Multi - 45781
    BM_Haste - 44165
    BM_Mastery - 44111
    Last edited by mmoc8d0803caf5; 2015-02-25 at 11:48 AM.

Haste is a little better for AoE, Mastery is better for single target (but the difference is really small)