Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hm, I had heard that Beast Mastery was pulling ahead of Survival and MM...
    Last edited by Woakerio; 2015-02-23 at 05:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with Arms has never been its damage. The problem is its entire design. It's dirt simple to play. It has too high of a skill floor.

Should a dirt-simple spec do high damage? Isn't that kind of a penalty, to more active, involved, complex specs that don't do as much damage?
    Should a dirt-simple spec do low damage? Who would play something boring and also unproductive?

There is no good place to put a two-button spec in terms of how much damage it does. The spec is horribly designed; the damage is incidental. We should be thrilled it's middle-of-the-pack, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I find it odd that the sims for prot paladin used DP/Seraphim instead of HA/Holy Shield.
    cause most prot run that combo?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    Priests worst DPS class again. Nothing new.
    You colorblind mate? All 3 Lock specs below priest. + this is warrior thread. sod off.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The problem with Arms has never been its damage. The problem is its entire design. It's dirt simple to play. It has too high of a skill floor.

Should a dirt-simple spec do high damage? Isn't that kind of a penalty, to more active, involved, complex specs that don't do as much damage?
    Should a dirt-simple spec do low damage? Who would play something boring and also unproductive?

There is no good place to put a two-button spec in terms of how much damage it does. The spec is horribly designed; the damage is incidental. We should be thrilled it's middle-of-the-pack, honestly.
    say that to the 30APM ferals

Can people please understand the difference betweeen burst mobility and sustained mobility?

If i have to cover 40 yards to a boss once every 45 seconds I will beat a rogue to the boss

If i have to cover 40 yards to a boss once every 20 seconds I will get the boss after the rogue

Warriors have burst mobility. Rogues have absolutely nuts sustained mobility. WW monks have very good burst and sustained mobility. Rets have good sustained mobility. Ferals have good sustained and burst mobility. DKs have dogshit mobility. Shamans have good sustained and burst mobility.

If I have to read "warriors have good mobility" one more time on a Blackhand thread or something I am going to go mental

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galagas View Post
    say that to the 30APM ferals
    Or arcane mages, which we almost match on APM. Arms is actually higher than feral too.

Meanwhile, gladiator is on 93 APM haha

I've topped 100 APM on Butcher/Brackenspore as Gladiator! I don't find it a difficult spec to play though, Arms has more important choices, Gladiator is just like a horny rabbit.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

aS A FERAL THIS MAKES ME HAPPY.

10+ Year Old Account
    after raiding tonight, I've never wanted to stop playing warrior more in any patch.....

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokugan View Post
    after raiding tonight, I've never wanted to stop playing warrior more in any patch.....
    why is that? isn't 6.1 an overall nerf to warriors?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Feral will still be dogshit on any fight that doesn't involve solely tunneling into the boss. Their aoe is still garbage.

The execute nerf with no compensation for arms is retarded though.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    The execute nerf with no compensation for FURY is retarded though.
    FTFY

Arms got a buff. I'm not going to pretend that slam will replace the lost damage from execute but it's better than nothing, which is exactly what fury got. The sad thing is that this change was likely a result of the performance of arms spec rather than fury. Fury is just collateral damage similar to how prot tank warriors were hit when the initial glad stance nerf hit.

My thoughts: How'd the numbers get so high so fast?

Deleted
    I don't know why they even put Gladiator into the game either. It was good for like a month, now it's one of the worst things for DPS in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    I don't know why they even put Gladiator into the game either. It was good for like a month, now it's one of the worst things for DPS in the game.
    It's still my personal favorite of the warrior DPS specs to play, but the fact that it isn't really viable kinda ruins it. I like to stay busy and I prefer sustained damage over burst so it suited me, but blizz can't seem to get any sort of balance going for anything else but rogue and warlock at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    They have no sympathy for the Warrior nerf at all.
    which is evident of the glaring misinformation taken as fact by people who are plain bad. Warriors are worse off than theyve EVER been this xpac. We've never been top damage and are now much closer to the bottom.

As it is most of our damage comes from a phase that during progression your not even always alive for. No sympathy = ignorance.

If your outdps'ing someone due to their lack of skill, your OP. Wish i had the time to get some alts raid ready so i could show how "OP" apparently everything is relative to some.

When you link the sim evidence, "sims are broken or unreliable" of course except when theyre class is up top lol.

Wow kids kill me. Anyhow, im carrying on. Warrior nerfs were unfounded. If the damage was re-allocated (as it should have been) it would be considered a buff...

I have to say that I have a hard time believing anything other than Warriors being really great on the average fight (not Blackhand) pre this reset. I ran alt runs on my other Warrior on Tarren Mill, at 653-659 (ilvl for the last two weeks depending on upgrades) I was still crushing everyone on damage, including ilvl670+ mains and mostly because Warrior is just really great on quite a few fights. I was rank 1-5 in ilvl bracket on all fights with that char so it shows near enough what a class can do when played well at that gear level.

The thing is though, often cases I see people in my raids ranking in the 90/95/99th percentile with their classes too, in our main raids and yet I'm still often enough top damage or at the worst 2nd/3rd. Our rogue (he plays combat on everything) said that Warriors need a nerf because "Bazz you're top on every bloody fight" when I was trying to explain why the nerf is not justified.

We have some good players, some average players but lets be honest here I'm not a superhero and I make mistakes too, I've never had a parse as Arms/Fury where I didn't make a mistake and you don't see me regularly in the top 10 overall like someone such as Sarri or Wrexit, and I don't consider my skill level above the better players in my guild either, so at some point it does have to come down to the fact that Warriors do really really great on quite a few fights.

Though its a damn shame about Execute, the single target was not the strong point of Warriors by any stretch.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, take out bladestorm, and we are super average. Our single target is middle of the pack, and back loaded (super bad for progression.) This is a big problem for us folks who are pushing to clear mythic content.

If you tone mages and hunters down a bit, things look better for everyone. They are completely broken right now. The moonkin nerf was a good start for them. They just line up too well with encounter design right now. Ferals look great on single target, but to be honest, they are basically a non-factor on aoe.

Finally, my biggest gripe right now...our mobility. The only class we have an edge on is DK. This is because we have burst mobility, then are lamp posts. This is a tangent of the poor design. IMHO, both DKs and warriors need a better mobility tool-kit. Something sustainable, so the fights with a lot of subtle movement (Blackhand and Hans come to mind immediately) do not feel so frustrating.

This ends my rant.

I've topped 100 APM on Butcher/Brackenspore as Gladiator! I don't find it a difficult spec to play though, Arms has more important choices, Gladiator is just like a horny rabbit.
    Yep, depending on procs Gladiator can be even above 100RPM.
    But, you said Arms has more important choices? I mean, Glad doesn't have many but Arms is pretty straight forward as well or am I missing something

We have some good players, some average players but lets be honest here I'm not a superhero and I make mistakes too, I've never had a parse as Arms/Fury where I didn't make a mistake and you don't see me regularly in the top 10 overall like someone such as Sarri or Wrexit, and I don't consider my skill level above the better players in my guild either, so at some point it does have to come down to the fact that Warriors do really really great on quite a few fights.
    And what fights are these? - Are you taking Bladestorm? I can easily cheese the meter by popping Reck/Scabbard on adds and just pressing BS.

The meter is not an indicator of if a class is good or not; especially when it's on few fights that other classes can bring more to.
    (Why bring more than one warrior to Beastlord when you can bring another Ret? Yes - we bring AoE damage. They bring BoP.)