Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    More brilliant minds that actually think wearing pve gear in pvp makes you somehow take more damage. 10% reduced damage from the trinket 2set is literally the only thing that changes incoming damage. In fact for the first few weeks nearly every pro player was rocking mythic pve gear before they could get primal glad.
    15% now, and that IS a big deal. And I don't hope they try to slow it down even more, games take way too long already except when connecting with 2 people, CDs up on one without.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I wouldn't say it's worse than MoP, but it's not much better for sure. That's the story of PVP in WoW: they keep changing things yet it doesn't become better.
    Imo, it is now better than it has ever been before, combat length wise.
    Now you do actually have a little something of time to fight. In WotLK, Cata and beginning of MoP you could quite easily die in a single stunlock. Now you don't even bother to trinket most of the stuns, only when you are low on HP.

I don't know how did the OP managed to come to that conclusion. Even full geared PvP players need to beat you for around 8-10sec to bring you down when you are green top to bottom. In Cata that would be 2gcds.

Balance wise its another story.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    Imo, it is now better than it has ever been before, combat length wise.
    Now you do actually have a little something of time to fight. In WotLK, Cata and beginning of MoP you could quite easily die in a single stunlock. Now you don't even bother to trinket most of the stuns, only when you are low on HP.

I don't know how did the OP managed to come to that conclusion. Even full geared PvP players need to beat you for around 8-10sec to bring you down when you are green top to bottom. In Cata that would be 2gcds.

Balance wise its another story.
    Combat length is just one thing. Balance, which has a direct effect on setup variety is another - it's down the drain. Skill cap is yet another - it's not very good right now either. Etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop playing 2s. That bracket will wreck your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This.

The only time you are going to die super fast is against sub rogue/ frost mage in 2s or some similar burst combo. They can do crazy damage in the opener with a sap on the healer, stun you in a smoke bomb and pop all their cds.

Deleted
    Well unless you're a hunter, you're not supposed to do pvp in 2s as a ranged class...or anywhere else for that matter. Can't wait till they nerf hunters and make all ranged classes unviable for pvp outside 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Lock and troll View Post
    Well unless you're a hunter, you're not supposed to do pvp in 2s as a ranged class...or anywhere else for that matter. Can't wait till they nerf hunters and make all ranged classes unviable for pvp outside 3s.
    Looks to me like surv got a slight nerf but all other hunters got a buff. Chim shot doing more damage? WTF were they thinking

It's the only bracket I like though. I saw on streams that 3v3 can take forever yes. But in 2s you get blown into little pieces.

PvP has never been this slow. If I run into someone in the open world I don't ever bother fighting them because it just takes too long. In arena there's generally something you or your partner can do to prevent you from dying fast so you should work on that.

Deleted

While PvP in general is not in a good shape right now I agree that 2v2 is perhaps the worst place you can pvp right now. It might be even worse than in BC with stuns teams and SL/SL lock/Rdruids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    It's the only bracket I like though. I saw on streams that 3v3 can take forever yes. But in 2s you get blown into little pieces.
    2s is the CDs bracket. You go in and blow your cooldowns. Whoever does it better wins. You'll only see drawn out matches in 2s with high rating teams or between healer/dps combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    More brilliant minds that actually think wearing pve gear in pvp makes you somehow take more damage. 10% reduced damage from the trinket 2set is literally the only thing that changes incoming damage. In fact for the first few weeks nearly every pro player was rocking mythic pve gear before they could get primal glad.
    It's actually 15% damage reduction. Tooltips aren't update but will be when 6.1 hits.

Deleted
    The only thing 6.1 does is prove the Blizzard team doesn't actually queue arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Lol, since when did combat rogues get nerfed?

Their 4th is going to be buffed and now combat can go more yolo than ever, the only rogue thing they're nerfing is burst of speed.
    Burst of speed being nerfed while hunters and RDruids still have their spammable - free - slows is a nerf to all rogues. A big one. Granted combats being buffed with the 4 piece but that's just as dumb a change as no change to frozen ammo and f swarm.
    Last edited by mmoc0be20a83e8; 2015-02-23 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandory View Post
    Even 89k execute will kill you at 20% mate so this nerf is only hitting pve for no reason
    I don't know why they didn't tag a reduced damage in PVP mod like they did with Demonbolt/Starfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    And somehow made pvp even worse than in MoP? You kill or die in 0.00003 seconds.

WHY
    5.239 seconds is the record here, in an Arena environment, while doing absolutely nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkYHa7qlxT8

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    5.239 seconds is the record here, in an Arena environment, while doing absolutely nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkYHa7qlxT8
    In 2s you have 2 people bashing your face though.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Lol, since when did combat rogues get nerfed?

Their 4th is going to be buffed and now combat can go more yolo than ever, the only rogue thing they're nerfing is burst of speed.
    Don't forget that Kidney Shot is now capped at 6 seconds in PVP, even with 5 combo points under revealing strike. Yes it was needed, but it was still a nerf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    25% damage up on Death from Above (+gap closer) , BoS on 3 sec still good and prevents accidental spam, vanish glyph making vanish ultra offensive with 4pc. Still I agree hunters are ridiculous and will be even worse. Ferals also getting immensely buffed.
    BoS on a 3s cooldown isn't good vs any competent druid that knows to take f swarm and use it every global after a displacer. Personally I think they should remove BoS and put every spammable slow on a short cooldown. But then I think most cc should be on at least some sort of small cooldown. Fear, fear, fear, fear, fear.

DFA buff combined with the 4pc is insane, or rather would be if the ability wasn't buggy as fuck. I once got stuck in the air and could walk around a few paces like I was on a platform. Ridiculous.

I partly agree about ferals, they are definitely getting buffed but in the wrong direction imo. Ferals don't need more burst on their bite, they need it reducing by like 25% and that 25% being put into rip. The fact they're even increasing ferals burst is why I think it's plain to see Blizzard don't queue arenas.

Overall I agree with you but I do think the BoS nerf will hit harder than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsyer View Post
    BoS on a 3s cooldown isn't good vs any competent druid that knows to take f swarm and use it every global after a displacer. Personally I think they should remove BoS and put every spammable slow on a short cooldown. But then I think most cc should be on at least some sort of small cooldown. Fear, fear, fear, fear, fear.

DFA buff combined with the 4pc is insane, or rather would be if the ability wasn't buggy as fuck. I once got stuck in the air and could walk around a few paces like I was on a platform. Ridiculous.

I partly agree about ferals, they are definitely getting buffed but in the wrong direction imo. Ferals don't need more burst on their bite, they need it reducing by like 25% and that 25% being put into rip. The fact they're even increasing ferals burst is why I think it's plain to see Blizzard don't queue arenas.

Overall I agree with you but I do think the BoS nerf will hit harder than you think.
    BoS nerf will definitely hit the higher ranks. 2k and below i dont think much will change.

If i take nightstalker, get the 4 piece combat bonus, hit vanish and do DFA, will the final "burst" part of the attack get the crit or just the aoe? I heard it used to only be the aoe. Same with the nightsalker 50% increased damage. And does that count if you use glyph of dissapearance since you arent technically stealthed, only vanished?

Deleted
    Can't wait for the flood of rogue tears whining about hunters now actually being able to keep them away.