Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I didn't say anything about your image, but you're the one who said you don't like to claim your black side and you have racist friends who say they "don't like niggers".

You bitch about blacks rioting about feeling slighted by the justice system, meanwhile most white riots seem to stem from either partying, football (american football too) or pumpkins... (partying)

So I mean really, this has nothing to do with race. It's seems more like you're self hating.
    But dem spider worms bro...

In case you don't get it I will explain to you.

A: I was only a bit miffed that you are calling me stupid. You disagree, that is cool, but the personal attacks are not really warranted or even relevant.
    2: We won't get anywhere with this discussion so I ended it. (tried to). I don't hate myself. I just see that society tends to steer clear of black people. I am part Cuban, Jamaican, and German. I am "technically" black but I don't look it. If I had to choose then Black would be the last on my list of things to claim because of how society generally sees black people. It hurts me rather than helps. Even people who support black people and are anti racism generally tend to feel a bit uncomfortable when left alone with a black person. I can diffuse all that by simply stating I am Cuban/Jamaican and not AA. I don't find that stupid or self hating.
    Green: Back to A. My responses are not even about race. My responses are based on you making assumptions about me. Stop that.
    Up I am friends with everyone if I think they are cool. If you hate black people then that is your problem. They don't lynch black folks or go out and beat on blacks. They just don't like em or want to be around them. It's called an opinion. I don't agree with it, but that is me. If I saw them ignore a black soldier bleeding out because of his skin color, we would have serious problems. To date, I have not seen them ever act out on that opinion. So I don't care what they say.

But really. let it go. You disagree with me and don't like my view. Okay fine. But don't sit there and tell me I am dumb or self hating. You are sounding real ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    But dem spider worms bro...

In case you don't get it I will explain to you.

A: I was only a bit miffed that you are calling me stupid. You disagree, that is cool, but the personal attacks are not really warranted or even relevant.
    2: We won't get anywhere with this discussion so I ended it. (tried to). I don't hate myself. I just see that society tends to steer clear of black people. I am part Cuban, Jamaican, and German. I am "technically" black but I don't look it. If I had to choose then Black would be the last on my list of things to claim because of how society generally sees black people. It hurts me rather than helps. Even people who support black people and are anti racism generally tend to feel a bit uncomfortable when left alone with a black person. I can diffuse all that by simply stating I am Cuban/Jamaican and not AA. I don't find that stupid or self hating.
    Green: Back to A. My responses are not even about race. My responses are based on you making assumptions about me. Stop that.
    Up I am friends with everyone if I think they are cool. If you hate black people then that is your problem. They don't lynch black folks or go out and beat on blacks. They just don't like em or want to be around them. It's called an opinion. I don't agree with it, but that is me. If I saw them ignore a black soldier bleeding out because of his skin color, we would have serious problems. To date, I have not seen them ever act out on that opinion. So I don't care what they say.

But really. let it go. You disagree with me and don't like my view. Okay fine. But don't sit there and tell me I am dumb or self hating. You are sounding real ignorant.
    Did I call you stupid? I believe I said your feelings/actions are foolish.

Jamaicans are black you know, well the ones who aren't mixed. My family is from Jamaica but for the most part they're Indian or black and white mix, (which is why my surname is Irish)

My fathers side is black from America, and Native American. I'm mixed as well and people mistake me for Hispanic often enough. I do not claim to be as I'm not Hispanic in the least. I don't go through the ditty of Indian, Black, Native American, and a bit Irish, I'll say "for the most part I'm black" even though it's not exactly the truth; however, it's the easiest Identity which leads to the least amount of inquiry.

You don't want to identify as black as a way to distance yourself from "bad" black people and because of the racism of others. Seems foolish to me, there are bad people everywhere.

I am not friends with idiots. Racist tend to be at the top of that category. It doesn't matter if it's racism towards blacks, or racism towards Filipinos. I had a friend who was extremely racist towards Dominicans, which I found out about a year after knowing him. I distanced myself. Not the type of people I want to be around.

I didn't call you dumb, I said you're being foolish. I called you self hating because... frankly you are displaying those traits.

"I don't identify as blacks because blacks have a bad rap and I don't want to be associated with those black people at all"

What's more is that you seem to believe this yourself, and think very much like the racist. Which is quite evident when you say "this is why".

There are white people in Jamaica...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So here we have those "no go zones", oh wait, they don't exist...
    Meh, they don't exist as depicted by American media but there's definitely Ghettos in the making where people who "don't fit in" aren't liked to be seen. Doesn't just apply to one group either but every group that's not them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Also, no go zones were anti-Muslim fear mongering about martial Sharia law.
    Not much of an opinion about the American take on this but there's in fact "Sharia Forces" that basically patrol areas they've declared "under Sharia jurisdiction". They're not violent or actually overly aggressive at the moment but they do try to harass and keep people from doing things they dislike. There's been some confrontations with the police since they're trying to assume an authority they don't have and it's sadly giving far right groups fuel showing that "they were right all along."

It would be nice if we could have a thread that is about anti-white racism that doesn't become a thread with random racism towards non-whites.
    Isn't racism just racism? I mean it has the same motivation or reason behind it no matter who does it and I don't understand how different occurances seem to cancel each other out in some people's minds but why do you want to segregate the discussions?

How disgusting. A troubling number of neighbourhoods within various British cities are unfortunately like this. One of the many 'joys' that excessive multiculturalism and immigration has brought us.

There are white people in Jamaica...
    Are you serious with this bit right now? This statement is as foolish as when people say "I thought England was just made of white people"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    How disgusting. A troubling number of neighbourhoods within various British cities are unfortunately like this. One of the many 'joys' that excessive multiculturalism and immigration has brought us.
    Really multiculturalism and immigration caused this? Brits were kind of the lead people when it came to being racist towards the "wrong" type of white people so... honestly you are dead wrong on this.

Are you serious with this bit right now? This statement is as foolish as when people say "I thought England was just made of white people"
    How is it foolish? There are white people in Jamaica.

How is it foolish? There are white people in Jamaica.
    When a person claims that their ethnicity is "Jamaican" they're not talking about white people... it's extremely odd this is were we're going. I'm obviously misinterpreting your reason for saying this to begin with as I had no clue you were using "Jamaican" to mean any person/race from Jamaica, not Jamaicans in the sense everyone else uses it.

When you say Guyanese people you're not talking about white people, even if there are white people from Guyana.

Really multiculturalism and immigration caused this? Brits were kind of the lead people when it came to being racist towards the "wrong" type of white people so... honestly you are dead wrong on this.
    It's certainly contributed to it. Immigration isn't an issue when it is moderated and leads to integration. If it doesn't, they should be made to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's certainly contributed to it. Immigration isn't an issue when it is moderated and leads to integration. If it doesn't, they should be made to leave.
    OH yes if immigrants don't blend you, they must be deported. What is up with Europeans and immigration and multiculturalism? Seems to work fine in America.

When a person claims that their ethnicity is "Jamaican" they're not talking about white people... it's extremely odd this is were we're going. I'm obviously misinterpreting your reason for saying this to begin with as I had no clue you were using "Jamaican" to mean any person/race from Jamaica, not Jamaicans in the sense everyone else uses it.

When you say Guyanese people you're not talking about white people, even if there are white people from Guyana.
    When I talk of people being from a country, I am not talking race. People tie the two together too much. Like how there are black people who are also English. I must admit, I kinda did that on purpose. The above is true, but a part of it was because I noticed how you perceive my words and are HEAVILY influenced by the baggage you bring. No matter what I say, it would be distorted by your views and you would attach a lot of your implied beliefs to what I am saying. regardless of what I meant, you would see what you want to see.

Sorry for that, but it does illustrate why I don't really want to continue the discussion. It doesn't matter what I say, you will just make assumptions like mad.

When I talk of people being from a country, I am not talking race. People tie the two together too much. Like how there are black people who are also English. I must admit, I kinda did that on purpose. The above is true, but a part of it was because I noticed how you perceive my words and are HEAVILY influenced by the baggage you bring. No matter what I say, it would be distorted by your views and you would attach a lot of your implied beliefs to what I am saying. regardless of what I meant, you would see what you want to see.

Sorry for that, but it does illustrate why I don't really want to continue the discussion. It doesn't matter what I say, you will just make assumptions like mad.
    I didn't bring baggage, you quite literally said you don't want to be associated with blacks because of the way people look at blacks and that you have friends who don't like niggers but you're so awesome so they're your friends. I am not friends with racist, homophobes, and general bigots.

I have a black cousin who lives in CT who has friends who call others niggers and hate blacks and have abused them (hitting) when in High School. I think it's profoundly stupid. I couldn't be friends with a person who refers to Indians and curry munching dot heads.
    Last edited by Themius; 2015-02-23 at 04:50 AM.

I didn't bring baggage, you quite literally said you don't want to be associated with blacks because of the way people look at blacks and that you have friends who don't like niggers but you're so awesome so they're your friends. I am not friends with racist, homophobes, and general bigots.

I have a black cousin who lives in CT who has friends who call others niggers and hate blacks and have abused them (hitting) when in High School. I think is profoundly stupid.
    Okay.

That is important to you. Talk about it, but don't ignore my entire point like I am coming out of left field and my views are so out there that it is crazy.

- The racist friends are racist because I classify them as such. They only let me know their true feelings because we got close. Before that, I had no idea. You try and serve two combat tours with someone and generally like and trust them with your life and then do a 180 when they say they hate "ghetto niggers who do ignorant stuff and cause trouble". I know black people who say the same. The first time I heard that was from a Black woman who was heavily into church. hell, Chris Rock said that same joke. How he likes Black people, but hates Niggers. So I ignored that and understood that they don't hate because of skin color, they hate people who generally are not good representations of any culture regardless. it just sucks that they feel most black people are like that. So yeah I call them racist (let's be real they kinda are still) but me being friends with them isn't as silly as you make it seem.

- And no, I don't want to be associated with Black people. I also don't want to be associated with people of Middle Eastern Descent right now. If this was a few decades ago, i would not want to be associated wit Germans. Why on earth would I want to be associated with something that hinders me? That is foolish in my opinion. I can't change everyone's mind. Some people just refuse to change. So if I can make things easier by simply not claiming to be Black, then what is the problem? I never claimed to be Cuban until my 23'd birthday. How do you feel about that? I also NEVER claim my German side. The way I see it I am mixed and I can choose to claim all of my ethnicity, or none at all. Why is it foolish to distance myself from what people generally perceive to be "Black Culture" when it negatively affects me?

Also, I have never heard so many N bombs drop in my life as I did when I grew up "in the hood". I don't care if there is an "A" at the end. It's the same word. And if meaning is what is important then it should not be a problem when my white friend says "Bro, you my nigga you know that right?" Stupid things like this is why I distance myself from what people generally view as African Americans. I rather be considered straight African than African American.

So you disagree, that is cool. I can't say this enough. I don't really mind that. But all this other baggage you are bringing to this and attributing that to me is annoying. I don't tolerate people being openly racist, but if you don't like someone for any reason then I am tolerant of that opinion.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. You disagree with me but damn, why the hell all the venom? Who cares what I claim and don't claim. Why do you even care? You want the full story? I claim myself and I hate racial category's. I find them stupid and wish we would do away with them. When people ask my race I say I am the race of (insert my name here)

And I am freaking awesome. Who are you talking about? Even racists like me. Seriously, I have two friends who openly claim to hate "niggers" but they are always like "you're cool though bro". That is how awesome I am. So maybe you should chill out.

I feel how I feel about claiming my black side simply because a good number of black people act like animals.Call it racism if you want but its depressing. I know of a honor student in Chicago that was to speak at the white house and she was gunned down by gang violence. No outcry. But Trayvon Martin and all these other dues resisting arrest are suddenly reason to riot (which is still dumb)? Come on man. Who would want to be associated with that? Like it or not people have a bad idea of what American Black people are like and it usually hurts rather than helps to associate with that. Even African Americans (AKA people from Africa) tend to not associate with Americanized Blacks.

So save me the guilt trip and your one semester of psychology please.

.....what?

You're trolling. You're trolling. I can't believe my eyes.

It's one thing to engage in self loathing. It's another to actually think it's an awesome trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Misleading title. The accused are black, so this isn't racism.

That's what I'm supposed to say, right? I just want to do my part.
    No matter what time of day I check the forums, no matter what day of the week, you're usually one of the first 5 responders to social justice threads and you always say something smart ass, trollish. You need a life.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-02-23 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    .....what?

You're trolling. You're trolling. I can't believe my eyes.

It's one thing to engage in self loathing. It's another to actually think it's an awesome trait.
    Again with this. I don't hate myself. If you met me you wouldn't even guess I had any black in me. Hazel eyes, fair skin, blonde hair. I am not the sum of my race. I find that there is something wrong with people who identify and rate themself based on their race. race is stupid. It has no place in today's world.

I am proud of who I am and I am trying to get in touch with my Cuban side since I resemble my grandpa who is originally from Cuba. My black side? Don't care for it. My German side? I'll engineer you a hell of a car.

So I take offense that you apparently see me as only a self loathing black guy. How does it work? if you have 1% of black in you then you are all black?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again with this. I don't hate myself. If you met me you wouldn't even guess I had any black in me. Hazel eyes, fair skin, blonde hair. I am not the sum of my race. I find that there is something wrong with people who identify and rate themself based on their race. race is stupid. It has no place in today's world.

I am proud of who I am and I am trying to get in touch with my Cuban side since I resemble my grandpa who is originally from Cuba. My black side? Don't care for it. My German side? I'll engineer you a hell of a car.

So I take offense that you apparently see me as only a self loathing black guy. How does it work? if you have 1% of black in you then you are all black?
    You're really not "proud" of who you are..at all. If you were actually proud of who you were, you would embrace everything about you and not pick and choose what to be proud of based on something as nonsensical as anecdotal evidence.

And I am freaking awesome. Who are you talking about? Even racists like me. Seriously, I have two friends who openly claim to hate "niggers" but they are always like "you're cool though bro". That is how awesome I am. So maybe you should chill out.

You're basically saying "I'm friends with people who hate a particular part about me" and try to pass it off as some kind of social feat that you're friends with them in spite of it.

It's rationalizing self loathing; Nothing less, nothing more.

Okay.

That is important to you. Talk about it, but don't ignore my entire point like I am coming out of left field and my views are so out there that it is crazy.

- The racist friends are racist because I classify them as such. They only let me know their true feelings because we got close. Before that, I had no idea. You try and serve two combat tours with someone and generally like and trust them with your life and then do a 180 when they say they hate "ghetto niggers who do ignorant stuff and cause trouble". I know black people who say the same. The first time I heard that was from a Black woman who was heavily into church. hell, Chris Rock said that same joke. How he likes Black people, but hates Niggers. So I ignored that and understood that they don't hate because of skin color, they hate people who generally are not good representations of any culture regardless. it just sucks that they feel most black people are like that. So yeah I call them racist (let's be real they kinda are still) but me being friends with them isn't as silly as you make it seem.

- And no, I don't want to be associated with Black people. I also don't want to be associated with people of Middle Eastern Descent right now. If this was a few decades ago, i would not want to be associated wit Germans. Why on earth would I want to be associated with something that hinders me? That is foolish in my opinion. I can't change everyone's mind. Some people just refuse to change. So if I can make things easier by simply not claiming to be Black, then what is the problem? I never claimed to be Cuban until my 23'd birthday. How do you feel about that? I also NEVER claim my German side. The way I see it I am mixed and I can choose to claim all of my ethnicity, or none at all. Why is it foolish to distance myself from what people generally perceive to be "Black Culture" when it negatively affects me?

Also, I have never heard so many N bombs drop in my life as I did when I grew up "in the hood". I don't care if there is an "A" at the end. It's the same word. And if meaning is what is important then it should not be a problem when my white friend says "Bro, you my nigga you know that right?" Stupid things like this is why I distance myself from what people generally view as African Americans. I rather be considered straight African than African American.

So you disagree, that is cool. I can't say this enough. I don't really mind that. But all this other baggage you are bringing to this and attributing that to me is annoying. I don't tolerate people being openly racist, but if you don't like someone for any reason then I am tolerant of that opinion.
    You're not distancing yourself from "what people perceive to be black culture" you are distancing yourself from "blacks" period. I mean is my black culture the same as black culture? I'm mixed, I'm from England, and I grew up in a higher income area. If I claim being part black (which I am) am I claiming all the bad parts of black culture (which really is just bad things about being poor which affect all races) just because I don't pretend I'm not part black? I mean honestly this idea you have where you instantly equate black = bad things perceived about black culture, is the problem.

Nigger and Nigga are two distinct words now as the words have very very different meanings and are used in entirely different contexts. I don't understand why some people like to pretend the normal rules of English don't apply when it's in motion.

Most people I heard saying nigga weren't black but were hispanic, and some whites, and some blacks. I will say they all led a particular type of life and it didn't matter what race they were. You say you distance yourself from what people view as African Americans but you don't, at least that's not what you say, as you say you distance yourself from being considered black period.

If you truly wanted to distance yourself from the preconceived notions of what an African American is you would accept the fact you're part black and behave as you normally do (if you're not a stereotype) and there you go, you just broke stereotypes and preconceived notions. That's not what you're doing though.

You're really not "proud" of who you are..at all. If you were actually proud of who you were, you would embrace everything about you and not pick and choose what to be proud of based on something as nonsensical as anecdotal evidence.

You're basically saying "I'm friends with people who hate a particular part about me" and try to pass it off as some kind of social feat that you're friends with them in spite of it.

Or or, stay with me here, or I honestly don't value race as much as you seem to?

At the end of the day we can all trace our roots back to some cave man from the motherland right? So differentiating by race is absolutely stupid. The only reason I am even getting in touch with my Cuban side (other than the fact I love my grandpa) is I want to speak spanish and basically live out that latin lover thing.

I am feeling rather good about myself and I find it funny that you are telling me I hate myself. Like telling the cookie monster he actually hates cookies.

And I explained how I am still friends with those two guys. They just have some misinformed opinions on black people. O don't agree with it, but they have kept it to themselves after first telling me. They have been some rather solid friends so I don't see a reason to walk away from that because of their distaste for how they perceive black culture.

I have another story. there is this old guy at my job who is racist. he doesn't think he is but he is. he thinks black people can't say four right and generally have a different language. he asked how I say four and I said "four" not "foe". Yeah he is racist, but does it bug me? No. Not my problem. So long as he keeps it to himself. People are entitled to their opinions. Writing people off because of something stupid that doesn't even matter is dumb.

You clearly dislike part of yourself. I have a friend who is very light, she looks white frankly but like Italian white. Anyway, her father is black, from Africa so she is quite literally more black than me, and definitely not as brown as I am and she claims both sides of her not just one. She doesn't like a lot of stereotypical black culture, but she doesn't erase that part of her lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of embracing sides, I will admit it's a bit more annoying for mixed people. For me i'm either this, or that, or not enough of this or that to be that or this.