Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks really cool so far! I applaud you for following your dreams and actually working to make them a reality.
    I really like the physics based spells, as I've always felt that WoW was missing something like that. I'm not sure how difficult it is to master, but that is a really cool feature.
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

BTW Unreal Engine is free now, well unless you sell your game after i think 300k profit then they charge you 5%

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Deleted
    It looks impressive considering it was done by just one person, but not sure if it's something I would be interested in playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    thanks for answering mate, keep up the good work! =D
    Thanks Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Not going to lie, this is very impressive. I will bookmark this. Please let us know when it goes to greenlight and kickstarter! I am interested in following this. Keep up the work
    Awesome man, as always will keep everything updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Congrats on doing something with your life, may great fortunes come your way. I will support you if you start a kick starter, people who seek to change the world is always a plus.
    Thanks for the kind words friend, can't wait to get this out! I am thinking to KS it this month sometime

Quote Originally Posted by DocHibb View Post
    Looks really cool so far! I applaud you for following your dreams and actually working to make them a reality.
    I really like the physics based spells, as I've always felt that WoW was missing something like that. I'm not sure how difficult it is to master, but that is a really cool feature.
    Thanks, I will keep working at the spell combat to make it even better than it is of course. I need to fix a few things as physics can be quite tricky sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    BTW Unreal Engine is free now, well unless you sell your game after i think 300k profit then they charge you 5%
    I believe it's after $3000 they charge you 5%. I have already gone and upgraded the game fully to Unity 5 and bought the 5 license there

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    It looks impressive considering it was done by just one person, but not sure if it's something I would be interested in playing.
    Thank you. It's not for everyone that's for sure

SO... Big update, have upgraded the game from Unity 4 to Unity 5, you can check out the visual results on all new screenshots here:

http://www.temporalascendance.com/media.html

Edit: Adjusting all areas to be just like I want them to be still, tree shaders and all that because I'll be doing a video or two for Greenlight which is just about ready to go, got to make sure the visuals match what I want!
    Last edited by Snarftastic; 2015-03-10 at 12:18 AM.

I upvoted this on steam. Hope to see more of it!

Deleted
    Meh.. looks like something from 1995. I know some people go awesome because its made by a small team but I think to be competitive you gotta deliver. Make it look awesome, simple.. tune down the ambitions. Theres only so much you can deliver without sacrificing quality if you dont dont have the resources of big companies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Meh.. looks like something from 1995. I know some people go awesome because its made by a small team but I think to be competitive you gotta deliver. Make it look awesome, simple.. tune down the ambitions. Theres only so much you can deliver without sacrificing quality if you dont dont have the resources of big companies.
    I dont think you ever played a '95 game <-< this looks quite impressive for a non AAA company.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Personally, I'd feel a more natural color setting would be more enjoyable - it's nice to see the light engine is able to do all the random colors, but while playing - to be having bright green, pink, blue, yellow, etc thrown at you ,. i dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I dont think you ever played a '95 game <-< this looks quite impressive for a non AAA company.
    It's called unity engine - look it up.
    Quite a versatile thing, free of use as of recently iirc,. but high in memory usage.
    Last edited by bbr; 2015-04-06 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a solo project this looks really sick you should add some sort of aiming cross hair i would need some sort of aiming, When this gets released i would love to play it!

EDIT: Spell effects look great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Too many big colours imo. And it seems too... basic. There is no joint artistic vision. I can't see any style except "this works, look colours". It seems fine as a home-project, but as a full game... i am not sure.

Seriously, i would not try to make something this big alone. Some people can do it (See Dust - An Elysian Tail for a freaking amazing game made solo). What kind of education and technical skills do you have? What are you specialized in? From what I can see you are not an artist, you are using a lot of basic assets and basic stuff in unity, so I doubt you are a programmer either. I hate to be like this, but it seems rather naive, and I doubt you can make a finished product worth any money.

How most indies and solo developers does it, is to first of all find one thing to do. Dont try to make a big game, but find one mechanic to focus on. One thing the game should be good at. You can't make a big RPG (which it looks like you are doing).

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Too many big colours imo. And it seems too... basic. There is no joint artistic vision. I can't see any style except "this works, look colours". It seems fine as a home-project, but as a full game... i am not sure.

Seriously, i would not try to make something this big alone. Some people can do it (See Dust - An Elysian Tail for a freaking amazing game made solo). What kind of education and technical skills do you have? What are you specialized in? From what I can see you are not an artist, you are using a lot of basic assets and basic stuff in unity, so I doubt you are a programmer either. I hate to be like this, but it seems rather naive, and I doubt you can make a finished product worth any money.

How most indies and solo developers does it, is to first of all find one thing to do. Dont try to make a big game, but find one mechanic to focus on. One thing the game should be good at. You can't make a big RPG (which it looks like you are doing).
    Nothing constructive in your post, you are just putting the OP down. You still be ashamed of yourself. Let me see any games you have developed?

To the OP: the game looks great, I love it. Keep pushing forward and let us know how the development comes. I would support this on Kickstarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks sexy, I'm bookmarking this page and hoping to hear more!

10+ Year Old Account
    An RPG for a first game is quite a handful, and I wish you luck!
    I myself am not overly keen on the art-style: I dislike (near photo-)realistic textures, for some reason. Yet I find Skyrim enjoyable to play. But it's all a personal preference, and if in the end it suits the game more: Go for it!

I'm a game developer myself (Though currently developing webshops and related utils/plugins) and've had a decent amount of experience in Unity: It's a great engine, and not overly expensive if you have to go pro.

If you ever need assistance, I might be able to help: I write from time to time, so anything lore-based is within my field, as well as some UI-design or programming in C#.

If you want, I can P.M. you some of my work, so you can judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Roflmao! Just woah, holy shite! You sound like such a lovely person ~ *facepalm*

Mind if I throw you one of your own questions back at you? What sort of “education” do you have? I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I’m trying as a white knight around here, I fully understand that in game development both positive as negative feedback are needed for a good progress, but holy cow, that just sounded plain rude and silly if you ask me ~

Still by the sounds of it, you must be deep into game developing yourself, otherwise I doubt you would be doing those kind of claims while telling him what and how to do it, am I right? Mind showing us some of your work?

Edited: Also, he already made far more than many teams with multiple members supported by donations and kickstarters ~ just sayin.
    Thanks Myobi xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nihsnek View Post
    Nothing constructive in your post, you are just putting the OP down. You still be ashamed of yourself. Let me see any games you have developed?

To the OP: the game looks great, I love it. Keep pushing forward and let us know how the development comes. I would support this on Kickstarter.
    Thank you, appreciate the support!

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It looks sexy, I'm bookmarking this page and hoping to hear more!
    Hells yeah

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    An RPG for a first game is quite a handful, and I wish you luck!
    I myself am not overly keen on the art-style: I dislike (near photo-)realistic textures, for some reason. Yet I find Skyrim enjoyable to play. But it's all a personal preference, and if in the end it suits the game more: Go for it!

I'm a game developer myself (Though currently developing webshops and related utils/plugins) and've had a decent amount of experience in Unity: It's a great engine, and not overly expensive if you have to go pro.

If you ever need assistance, I might be able to help: I write from time to time, so anything lore-based is within my field, as well as some UI-design or programming in C#.

If you want, I can P.M. you some of my work, so you can judge.
    Ah, some of my textures are limited as me not being an artist I tend to re-skin, re-color things rather than make from scratch. I did make a few from scratch but I would like to get rid of a few of those... I know which one you're thinking of too!

Ah yes, it's a perfect engine for a solo developer that's for sure. Whether or not I will need help will be decided by my small Kickstarter, but I'd love to see your work no matter what so go ahead and PM me!

Anyways:

I have gone ahead and removed all screenshots and uploaded ALL new ones, I've tweaked a lot of the visuals for further improvement, and have completely revised 2 of the areas surrounding the starter area to better fit my current vision and have moved some more things around.

Check them out on the Greenlight or http://www.temporalascendance.com

Next update I am going to upload a game play video here of walking through the tutorial... Couple of days.

Cheers ya'll!

looks cool make a paladin class

Hey everyone,

I've re-done the Steam Greenlight page and have made a new video to go along with the game and also all new screenshots as all places have had major updates done to them. Check it all out and let me know how it is.

New Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxuii41W0Fc
    New Screenshots: http://temporalascendance.com/media.html
    Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=420529392

Thanks for checkin' it out everyone. Love to hear all the feedback, and thanks for your support. Really appreciate it!

Cheers,
    Vlad Volynin

Hey everyone. I just wanted to check in with a massive update / overhaul I've done.

You can check out all the new info on my website but also check out all of the brand new screenshots and video: http://temporalascendance.com/media.html

You guys have been giving me great feedback and great criticism, so I can keep improving this project solo and finally make this dream come true nice and slow!

Thanks again, and keep the feedback flowing!

Cool stuff, keep going.

Oh and go for that vanilla feel

Looks interesting, the art style and quality could definetely be better, but the idea behind it is very good. Also, keep advancing, no better thing than denying those who deny you.