Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

End bosses. I dont feel it anymore

I used to jump in the air, scream on teamspeak when we defeated the end bosses of a raid.

So I defeated Mythic Imperator yet I did it gave me nothing. I'v already defeated him around 40 times.

I defeated Blackhand heroic yet i'v killed him 5 times on Normal. And if I would ever to defeat him on mythic I would have defeated him 100 times already wich I ever wont becouse i dislike the way the game is heading becouse this is extremly poor calling this more content than ever

Do you miss when raids had 1 difficulity and actually defeating an end boss felt like a real achievement, something unique?

Or do you prefer to do the boss on 3 other difficulites over and over and OVER before actually defeating him again on another difficulity?

Hard modes I could live with in Ulduar. When there was heroic and normal that was ok. But when theres 4 diffilicuties of one raid?

I dont think we'l ever see 2 raids being released at the same time again. Lets say each raid had 8 bosses, wich is pretty standard looking at previous expansions. That would mean we would have 16 bosses, wich means 64 in total becouse 8 difficulities. That would be CONTENT OVERLOAD on blizzards standards these days. Hey look, we'v decided to go big and give you 64 bosses in 1 patch.

People will just argue that you shouldn't do it on multiple difficulties, which is pretty much impossible especially at the start of the expansion. But I agree, it was a lot more fun with only one difficulty but that is never going to happen again.

Let me ask this: "What the fuck possessed you to kill Imperator 40 times? Or for that matter Blackhand 5 already?".

Maybe you aren't "feeling it" because you are overindulging like a blimp at an all you can eat buffet?

10-25 with heroic would be fine, but adding flex which is normal now and lfr gives u that feeling that you just kill the same guy even in harder difficulty which I understand.

No i dont. So get over it and learn self control
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Let me ask this: "What the fuck possessed you to kill Imperator 40 times? Or for that matter Blackhand 5 already?".

Maybe you aren't "feeling it" because you are overindulging like a blimp at an all you can eat buffet?
    I play the game on average 30 minutes a day except raid days wich were 19-23:30 3 days a week. Wich quickly sums up to 40 - + imperator kills becouse we do alt runs if you add in normal, heroic and a couple of LRFS on alts and play in a very good guild who does things quick with more progress than most ( top 150 ) and spend more time outside the game. Its a group of old hardcore raiders who now plays somewhat casually.

So I play less than the average raider
    Last edited by danildoen; 2015-02-23 at 05:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I agree 100%. A difficultly slider does not equal content.

Unfortunately, Blizz is looking to streamline their cash cow, so they are going to put in minimal effort until the subs start dropping too low. Supposedly there was a surge in resources for this expansion, but I'm left scratching my head trying to determine where all that effort went.

Since the subs haven't dropped too much in the last month or two, they have no incentive to change what they are doing. I'm letting my subscription expire until at least the next expansion. If you don't vote with your checkbook, they will never change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by danildoen View Post
    Do you miss when raids had 1 difficulity and actually defeating an end boss felt like a real achievement, something unique?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by danildoen View Post
    Or do you prefer to do the boss on 3 other difficulites over and over and OVER before actually defeating him again on another difficulity?
    Honestly that was the first thing that crossed my mind when they first introduced LFR back in DS. The first thought was, "wait, so i will kill deathwing and see the cinematics and get the gear, but it has +12 instead of +18, and then they expect me to care enough about that +6 point difference? enough to do the same thing all over again?"

I remember at the time, one of my friends was applying to join a raiding guild and i jokingly told him "just queue LFR, and you'll see the whole instance, you don't need a schedule and 6+ hours a week!" But these days i don't find the same joke as funny anymore. You DO see 95% of the raid, the last 5% being the 2-3 new abilities the boss has. It's mind-boggling that they would destroy their own game and sense of progression in this way. It does take out the sense of progression, and sure, some people won't feel the same way, but it is to me.

When i finished Borderlands2, and i got the "end game" screen telling me "THE REAL GAME STARTS NOW!" vault hunter mode, i just couldn't be arsed to do it all over again. The same with D3, beating Diablo the first time at lvl 29 or 30(?) the game was over there, for me at least.

"Congrats! you beat the game, but don't go away, the REAL game starts now!" - No. Just no. Unless it has a much different ending? Or the story branches out with different paths? Sure, but otherwise, i really don't care for the same boss/game with 2 new abilities and 6 points of stat difference.

Deleted
    I fully agree, i very much dislike the different difficulties since bosses just build up and going through the whole raid instance on a higher difficulty for a couple things that change can get very annoying at times. Especially normal to heroic which is just stat increases and nothing else.
    I miss the days you went a boss and went crazy because we killed a super hard boss.
    I can just imagine "yea people we killed M'uru on normal, but he got 2 higher difficulties"
    It just ruins it somewhat.
    I have no illusions it will ever return tough.
    Last edited by mmoce36ef59794; 2015-02-23 at 06:10 PM.

I do agree that there should be more Mythic only content, Heroic only content, and Normal only content. That would make things a bit more exciting when you down them for the actual "first" time.

Imagine if Imperator was only on Mythic. You would not have killed him 40x. Would have made it that much more fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    I can just imagine "yea people we killed M'uru on normal, but he got 3 higher difficulties"
    I actually hope sunwell will make a return at the end of this or in the next expac.

With LFR, normal, heroic and mythic difficulty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I agree 100%. A difficultly slider does not equal content.

Unfortunately, Blizz is looking to streamline their cash cow, so they are going to put in minimal effort until the subs start dropping too low. Supposedly there was a surge in resources for this expansion, but I'm left scratching my head trying to determine where all that effort went.

Since the subs haven't dropped too much in the last month or two, they have no incentive to change what they are doing. I'm letting my subscription expire until at least the next expansion. If you don't vote with your checkbook, they will never change.
    i could be wrong but with millions and millions of players playing HS and soon the new mmo their major revenue source will not be wow anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    i could be wrong but with millions and millions of players playing HS and soon the new mmo their major revenue source will not be wow anymore
    Which mmo do you refer to?

Deleted
    There is simple explanation
    You just get too bored from the game
    I playing 10 years endgame raiding and now i`m in so casual guild that still havent killed Blackhand Normal But just get pissed off to raid 4 days in week on max condition
    I also getting old soon will be 35 years old that also plays big part for your happiness by killing endraid boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    If you're caught up that much in the name/model of an NPC rather than the accomplishment of defeating the hardest content in the game, then yes...you'll likely not be excited over killing a certain boss.

(It reminds me of when Magisters Terrace came out and people whined, "But, but, but, but, but, why do CASUALS get to see Kael'thas?!? IT"S NOT FAIR I WORKED TO SEE HIM IN TK!")

It's not much different than other games with difficulty settings. (Which - amazingly - many games have!) Sure, no one gets excited over beating the game on "Easy Carebear Difficulty" but defeating it on "Ball Busting Hardcore Difficulty" is an achievement. But if you're sitting there grumbling over, "The end boss is the same on Easy Carebear as it is on Ball Busting Hardcore, what's the point pfffft." well then maybe the concept just isn't for you.
    Whenever possible, i choose the highest difficulty from beginning unless it announces bullshit like respawning enemies in fps and play through it like that.
    It has to be a very amazing game for me to bother with the "super hardcore mode" that unlocks once you finish it. Most of the time its "well should have given me it from the start since i am done and gonne uninstall it and play something else"
    Last edited by mmoce36ef59794; 2015-02-23 at 06:18 PM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say. Depends on how difficult you found the fight. LFR is disappointing for me, especially in WoD, because I don't need to do anything at all to get loot. My first kill of Imperator Mar'gok was on Heroic, and that definitely felt like an Achievement. The difficulty and Time to kill a boss usually makes me feel good. Heroic Siege was extremely hard for Siegecrafter 10 Man and we never got it below 60% before Mythic hit. And then I came back two weeks later and we were killing Garrosh Mythic, and felt too easy. Difficulty makes it feel worthwhile IMO.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I actually hope sunwell will make a return at the end of this or in the next expac.

With LFR, normal, heroic and mythic difficulty.
    I very much doubt that, the Sunwell story is over and done, it is cleansed at the end The Burning Crusade.
    Not to mention the backlash they would get for doing another naxx nonsense like they did in WOTLK.

Deleted
    Well, thats the price you are paying being in 0.01% of playerbase.
    Be thankful they even make a mode for such low number of people.
    Yes, it used to be different, but times change.

I miss it, but no one is forcing you to run normals. My guild ran normal HM I think once or twice, then heroic 3 or 4 weeks more, then swapped to Mythic for a few weeks, then BRF came out. I wasn't farming normal/heroic once we finished with them because I saw no need to.

I can see how it would be old news to do that, but it's been that way for 6-7 years now, ever since Naxx 2.0 came out. Same bosses on different difficulties. I liked the one difficulty mentality because otherwise it cheapens the kill. Like you said, killing it on normal, then on heroic means none of the kills really meant anything. Normal was too easy and heroic was the second time you killed it so it didn't feel like a real kill.

I doubt it's going away anytime soon unfortunately. LFR/Normal are just too accessible and Blizz doesn't want to make more solo content. They'd rather make end-game about raiding, whether you're super casual, casual, or wherever you are on the spectrum. I'm all about raiding; if I quit raiding I quit the game. So while I agree that raiding should be what you're doing end-game, not only do I not want to take away content from players (i.e. removing LFR/Normal), but I also want to feel accomplished when I kill a boss.

The other thing is that the game is 10 years old. So killing new bosses isn't exactly the most exciting or new thing ever. The only times kills mean anything to me is when we wipe on them forever, then finally click and get it. Twin Ogrons was like that; my guild struggled on it for a while and the kill felt really good. A few SoO bosses felt like that (Heroic Spoils and Dark Shaman), but by and large kills just aren't that satisfying. I think it's partially because anything below mythic feels like training wheels. Sure it's great to get that first kill, but it only took like 5 attempts. It doesn't feel like an accomplishment.

Deleted
    I absolutely agree, it's way more epic to kill a boss when you can only kill him at a decent difficulty level. This watered down content that we sadly have now takes away a lot of excitement, I would rather not see a boss at all than to kill him a lot of times as a shadow of his self to appeal to the masses.

Sadly this game is all about Blizzard's greed now. Gone are the days when gamers made this game for gamers. I'm so glad I could be a part of the golden days, I feel sorry for the people who started in Cataclysm and after.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-02-23 at 06:27 PM.