Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me? An "Anti-Casual" move? Do you have a Salvage Yard? And do you do Follower Missions every couple of days? if you already do that... then you can make the 7k for these upgrades... Even on a casual schedule. I pop on for an hour each day. Long enough to collect my mission rewards, and then to send out more missions... I walk to my Salvage Yard and watch the money come in. I don't hardly do anything and I went from 17k to 50k in 2 weeks. Yes, I got an epic that sold for 15k but even so... this is money made in less than 7 hours a week.

If you play less frequently, or don't play for 7 hours a week... it's okay. You'll still make money... just a bit slower... Which works into even the most casual of schedules.

Remember... I do NOTHING aside from Salvage and I am able to make the gold to get these upgrades... You can do.
    You're clearly a lot more lucky than me.

Your experience with that does not equal everyone else's experience.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    well looks like i wont be ever getting them.
    another pathetic move by blizzard. another anti casual move
    Really? Since when are heirlooms aimed at casuals? Heirlooms have always been aimed at players looking to level multiple characters as fast as possible, and have always required a substantial amount of time to farm/collect.

The fact that you're saying it's an anti-casual move and crying that's ''pathetic'' is absurd. Additionally, making money isn't that hard in the game, all you gotta do is stop wasting it. Something else you should hopefully realize is that the heirlooms that were originally sold by the guild vendor before WoD cost a substantial amount of gold (I think for all 4 armor classes and agi/str/int deviations it was like 25k for all of them, I'd have to double check).

Prices are fair, get over it and make some gold.

What exactly is it that casuals do since it appears they don't even play the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
    With how easy money is made in today's WoW, id much rather pay this than to farm 2k justice for each loom running the same heroics over and over and over again like I did back in Wrath. I have over 50 heirlooms so do the math.
    You would rather farm 350,000g than run dungeons to upgrade those heirlooms? You must be rolling in gold.

expects its 1 set and its the 90-100 numbers.
    every upgrade for every single item would probably be between 150,000 and 200,000g

- - - Updated - - -

you completely missed what i meant. new players(as in first max level ever) farming the gear for their alts.
    ok people with level 100's aren't new players...

and even then you make like 20k on questing alone on your first 1-100 enough to buy flying + level 3 garrison + a set of beginner heirlooms for your alt. you don't need 1-100 heirlooms immediately....

Do heirlooms that I already upgraded pre 6.1 lose their upgrades when 6.1 comes and have to be upgraded from fresh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    new content: farm enough gold to level alts
    I'm surprised you people haven't started calling this rehashed content with all the lack of thought you are putting into the incessant whining about 6.1

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah. this is going to be hell for new players. or anyone who didnt have the 80 and 85 versions already.
    Which is fine anyways. Nothing wrong with new players (all players, really) from having to earn stuff that isn't actually a requirement. These gear pieces are a perk, people. You don't HAVE to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Do heirlooms that I already upgraded pre 6.1 lose their upgrades when 6.1 comes and have to be upgraded from fresh ?
    Current heirlooms (1-80 or 1-85) will be automatically upgraded to 1-90.

Quote Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
    I level up a LOT and ive never seen that happen. Stop making stuff up. Yes people get kicked out for being bad, not dpsing etc but not for what you said.
    Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Don't tell me what I experience first-hand. I'm an adult, I can remember things just fine.

People still struggle with gold? With 4 100s I bring in 2-3k a day from garrison missions (so 500-750 per a character). If you actually farm you could easily get more a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Deleted
    This really isn't a anti casual move, as more time would need to be taken to grind gear the previous way. Although, if they try to pass this off as new content for you to do. I don't think it is relevant enough content for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thats not really true at all. 20k maybe if you have 5-10 alts, but not 1. You get 2-500g a day depending on what missions you do.
    The point remains gold has become so freely available in Wod that it lost over half its value for months in the RMT market. No one should have issues picking up a few of these heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    When they want to put gold up for sale on their website, things like 7000g upgrades for heirlooms shouldn't surprise anyone.
    ...Sigh...

Blizzard is not, and has never sold gold. Selling game time tokens for real money that you can sell for gold generates 0 new gold in the economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still gold for sale, and means blizzard makes profit from making thing like heirloom upgrades ultra expensive. Therefore we can expect more and more "gold sinks".

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you complain about the cost, then it shows how overly reliant you are on heirlooms for what is an easier than ever levelling process.
    If you don't like the cost, then try not using heirlooms for some of the levelling, as hard a concept that is for some to grasp.
    I recently started a new battle.net so had to level characters without heirlooms and it seemed just as fast as ever when I had heirlooms. They are a pure luxury at this point and not even remotely needed. I had several new 60+ characters in the blink of an eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I've already got enough coins of ancestry to buy 2 upgrades.
    This is something else people aren't taking into consideration and the fact we can obtain these heirlooms and upgrades with other holiday currency in addition to DMF tickets and the Argent Tournament. As usual people here are whining about nothing.

Im sitting at 225k gold now after transferring in late December (I had 13k after I bought a BoE to start raiding).
    I play maybe 20 hours per week total, 7+ raiding (and I pay my own repairs/flasks/gems/enchants etc).

Enchanting shack nets around 200-300g per day alone.
    Missions are worth about 500g per day average.
    Barn which takes 30minutes to get a 2 week stock makes currently around 1-2k per day.

So, I make roughly 3k per day for 10 minutes per day and 30 minutes on the weekend. And thats per garrison, you can increase it with every alt.

Then run some cata 25H raids, 25H DS takes me under 30mins to run and nets me around 3k gold per run, firelands takes about 20minutes for 2k etc. So another 5k per week from another hour playing.

I dont do apexis dailies - too long for no reward.
    I dont actively farm gold, the raids I run are only the ones with mounts because I like collecting them.

TLDR - Garrison passively makes more gold than you can spend per week unless you buy BoE stuff/pets/mounts. And yes everyone has access to the same thing in this regard, and for max gold is takes about 5 minutes before and after work for most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred a token grind over a gold grind. I prefer doing content than rather well sitting at the AH, watching movies on my other screen.
    Gold farmers rejoice i guess, i never bothered to farm much gold as i play for fun not market games, i got a stock market for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I preferred a token grind over a gold grind. I prefer doing content than rather well sitting at the AH, watching movies on my other screen.
    Gold farmers rejoice i guess, i never bothered to farm much gold as i play for fun not market games, i got a stock market for that.
    There's no real difference between either grinds. The only thing is perception on the part of the player. They pretty much math out what they think is reasonable for both paths and applied it to the other path (gold path). Universal currency (gold) is always a far more player friendly currency.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Don't you know? Since there's a few retarded gold hoarders in the game, EVERYONE has to suffer from ridiculous gold sinks. So what if the vast, vast, vast majority of players only have 20-30,000 gold, max? Screw them. The people with a million gold on 10 different characters are the only ones who deserve to have fun with heirlooms.

That just makes the regular user try harder, amirite?
    Actually a majority of players have significantly more gold than that but nice try. The only way you can avoid making lots of gold in Wow now is by literally never logging in.