Low dps while moving to heroic. Who doesn't enrage?

Ok, I'm going to bypass about half the story just to speed things up, my guild is moving from normal to heroic and we have pretty low dps overall, I as raid leader have been trying to work with the lowest either way we went to heroic and had moderate success we downed Gruul, however Beastlord enraged shortly after we killed his last animal. I know that is a bad sign, a very bad one. But I was wondering which bosses either have a very lenient enrage or none so that we can still push heroic while working to bring up our weaker links.

What ilvl and what kind of dps are we talking about? Because if you got Gruul you should be okay for everything through trains/flamebender. Gruuls enrage is more aggressive than H&F or Beastlord. Were people dying a lot or something?

Oregorger has an enrage after he runs out of mana for the 3rd time. Basically, he won't go into a 3rd roll phase, he'll just stand there and spam massive AOE damage until you kill him or wipe(I actually hit the enrage in a Normal pug yesterday but we killed him a few seconds into it). I'd say that's a fairly lenient enrage though, if you can't kill him before then you got problems.

Seems like most bosses don't really have a hard enrage per se but have some sort of mechanic that essentially acts as an enrage. For example Iron Maidens I don't believe there is an enrage, the bosses will just continue to gain that stacking buff post 20% until they just one shot your tanks.

Deleted
    Do you have any logs?
    I've been preaching for some time now, that the bosses with adds in brf are just single target fights in disguise.
    People might pull ok up to really nice numbers since they do a lot of aoe but only do a minor amount of dps on the bosses.
    It doesn't really matter if the packs life 10 seconds longer so let the classes (Rogues, Shamans, Warlocks, Moonkins) that excel at aoe do the packs and let everyone else do some aoe, but basically focus on the boss.

As stated above, if you got Gruul down, you should be able to finish off Darmac pre-enrage.

If you're using Skada you can see the dmg% by target when in the regular damage section by shift clicking on the players.

Sorry this turned more into a Darmac advice than into an actual suggestion what boss to do next. I hope that my advice can be of any use though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanstein View Post
    Do you have any logs?

Only amr i know they arn't favored but it's what my group does

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...a94bc/overview

(the dps monk is a new recruit missing some key pieces )

I think your fury warrior could definitely use some help. Direct him to the fury sticky. According to his current armory page he's using Unquenchable Thirst as a talent. He should definitely be using Sudden Death or Furious Strikes. He's over 20% crit raid buffed so there's no reason to use UQT imo. He's also not using Storm Bolt on CD. If he's using Anger Management as a talent then he should be using BB every 45ish seconds, Stormbolt every 22-24 seconds. In a 320 second fight he used Storm Bolt seven times. His glyphs are all over the place. Just tell him to do his research before the next raid. Wezmerelda isn't using CS on CD either which is bad. 92.7% uptime on Rend is decent but could be improved. Not using MS on CD either.

Both of your warriors need help. Tell them to check out the Fury / Arms guides on the warrior forums and/or Icy Veins guides as well. It'll help them with talent choices, priority lists, etc...

Deleted
    Mhm I'd say let them learn the encounters some more, maybe grab some setboni and then go back to hero.
    With less than 25k on Gruul some of the dds basically negate what others do right.
    Progressing in HC will be tedious and not rewarding at this point since the kills will be very very close.

There is something like a base performance you guys will need to get through the easy brf bosses.
    And that's something like a minimum dps of 25k dps.
    Get those people below 25k to perform, read some guides and maybe send them to the class forums here.
    Usually people will give them great suggestions how to improve if they just post some logs (maybe log a raidnight with a tool other than amr for that once).
    Last edited by mmoc336ac94865; 2015-02-24 at 02:32 AM.

The bigges mechanics failure I can see in the logs is your melee DPS taking shitloads of Rend and Tear damage. They need to know that when the boss jumps away he applies that stacking bleed in an AOE when he jumps back to the tank as well, so they need to get away from the tank for a moment. That's the tank swapping debuff, and you've got melee DPS eating more stacks than the tanks. Clear that problem up, and you'll get their DPS for the last couple minutes of the fight, and probably get a kill.

To really see who needs work on their DPS, go to the Data tab, go to DPS, and mouse over each player. You can see how they performed relative to other people of their item level, and you've got a bunch of people at or below 50%, which means lots of room for improvement. People at the low end of that scale usually died or weren't flasked/potted/food buffed, so 50% is actually significantly below the expected average performance for someone who's trying to perform.