View Poll Results: Your stance on Evolution.

Voters
171. This poll is closed
  • Yes, evolution has happened as the accepted theory says.

134 78.36%
  • Yes, evolution is real however a higher power designed this

27 15.79%
  • No, evolution is not real but creationism has holes in it

1 0.58%
  • No, Creationism is the truth.

9 5.26%
Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

I Dare You - Read all Instructions - Evolution

Do you believe in the Theory of Evolution? Argue THE OPPOSITE of your actual belief. Can you? 2nd paragraph, your real feelings.
    Last edited by whynotchris; 2015-02-24 at 06:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do "believe" the theory of evolution (I don't like the word "belief" when it comes to scientific theories, as they are not based on belief.)

The opposing argument?

God did it.
    Putin khuliyo

Argue the opposite of YOUR own beliefs. There's no right answer. I don't like the word "belief", either but there's no word that doesn't suggest something inflamatory. I WILL READ your response so your post is not wasted no matter the length.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you have a great idea whynotchris. It might be more worthwhile with something that people don't find so black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God A wizard did it. Don't ask me how. Don't ask me why. It's fucking magic.

OK. Done. Is the thread over?
    Which option are you arguing for? Cause that's not creationism.

To OP - don't expect a massive response, people like to discuss about topics that awaken emotions in them, few will see discussion as a training of mind. good try, though.

God A wizard did it. Don't ask me how. Don't ask me why. It's fucking magic.

OK. Done. Is the thread over?
    Way to prove you're always the first to post Nixx, GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    I think you have a great idea whynotchris. It might be more worthwhile with something that people don't find so black and white.
    I can't give you any argument that isn't completely "fool proof". NOTHING is black and white, that's why I WANT to know YOUR opinion. Take your time. I'll read it.

I am the Internet.
    You live in the sky?! I knew it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magic sky wizard made all living things out of clay. You cannot prove it's not true, therefore it must be a possibility.

Also, the theory of evolution is just a theory.

There, did I do that right? I also foresee this becoming an anti religion thread so I doubt it will last long.

I will not mock you. I won't say anything hurtful. If I do, call me on it. My stance is Evolution is how it happened, I am an Atheist. TELL me why I'm wrong. I want to know why and how you believe what you do, even if you agree with me but especially if you don't. I can't prove what I believe but I want to know your thoughts, please. Create a personal message if you must.

If you'd like me to respond or "rebut" tell me. The original post is to argue the opposite of your views. If you are doing that, say "O.P.:" and I will argue against you.

I WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANY HATE-POSTS. Anyti-gay, anti- racial integration, anti- "American". I will not. You will be ignored, that hateful people exist - it's not what I want to learn in this post. If I could delete you, I would.
    Last edited by whynotchris; 2015-02-24 at 07:05 AM.

So there is an unbroken chain between us and the first living thing. Was there only one 1st? Did that 1st have to gather enough energy to live and clone itself? And it had to clone itself more than once in its lifetime right? It had to clone itself at least twice and 2 and 3 and had to do the same? Did it have a cell wall?

How is such a huge step possible?

Also, why isn't there multiple 1st's? Is the creation of life that difficult? Why is there no life on Mars?
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2015-02-24 at 07:08 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The 7 dimensional space time wizard was bored and decided to make tiny little automatons. But he quickly grew tired, because all they did was multiply by splitting in half, so he deced he would take alot more of them an bond them together, forming complex structures. Then he watched as they grew and succumbed to probability of failure of the tiny automatons he made them from. But then he became bored again and decided he needed his creation to do something. He gave them inteligence and made them flawed, so they would constantly battle one another. This sick display greatly entertained him, but once they figured out how to cooperate with one another to achieve greater things, he got tired again. He needed them to fight, and so he devised stories of their creation, surprisingly close to their current intellect and imagination but of course completly wrong. He made mutltiple stories, and gave them to diffrent tribes, so that they once again had a reason to battle one another. [...]

Sorry got bored. Yeah evolution all the way. Not sure about the point, all this can end in is a flame war.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no opposing argument that makes any sense other than that its human invented stories created by people in a time were they tried to come to grasp with how the world works and came to be when they didn't have any means to actually research it.

Tried to word that carefully, as a thread like this is like an open invitation to sarcastic thinly veiled bashing of religion.
    Last edited by zealo; 2015-02-24 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    There is no opposing argument that makes any sense other than that its human invented stories created by people in a time were they tried to come to grasp with how the world works and came to be when they didn't have any means to actually research it.
    Easily said, easily disputed. How do we discredit a movement so steeped in majority rule?

Yes, I am Sky Internet. Ignore my fascination with gigantic space lasers directed at Earth.
    Ooooo, a giant laser I can chase?

Anyway, that being said, what's the point of this OP? If you already have your own beliefs, why have people try to argue the opposite when they agree with you? For fun, amusement even? I'm not quite sure that will end well here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ooooo, a giant laser I can chase?

Anyway, that being said, what's the point of this OP? If you already have your own beliefs, why have people try to argue the opposite when they agree with you? For fun, amusement even? I'm not quite sure that will end well here.
    Because I want to learn. Because I want to know why people do not believe as I do. I understand that they are not wrong. It's true that my beliefs will likely remain unchanged but I want to know /your's/. They don't have to be the opposite of mine. Just tell me what you think. If you feel persecuted, back it up. I won't judge you.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    Because I want to learn. Because I want to know why people do not believe as I do. I understand that they are not wrong. It's true that my beliefs will likely remain unchanged but I want to know /your's/. They don't have to be the opposite of mine. Just tell me what you think. If you feel persecuted, back it up. I won't judge you.
    Meh, my beliefs wouldn't help you learn much anyway. I have no backing to it, I just believe evolution is a thing, but there is something else. Whether its God (which I do lean towards simply because it keeps the topic more simple for me) or another thing, it doesn't matter

Sorry I believe in sky wizard, Nixx.

Flying sky-man did it.

Why? My book says it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Meh, my beliefs wouldn't help you learn much anyway. I have no backing to it, I just believe evolution is a thing, but there is something else. Whether its God (which I do lean towards simply because it keeps the topic more simple for me) or another thing, it doesn't matter

Sorry I believe in sky wizard, Nixx.
    That is a stance, that teaches me something. You are a thinking person, someone with an opinion and even if it is a cliche opinion or even an opinion you cannot scientifically back, I want to know it.

I want to know. Tell me, talk to me. And when you're comfortable enough, let me know and I will argue the OPPOSITE of my own view while you do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    I can't give you any argument that isn't completely "fool proof". NOTHING is black and white, that's why I WANT to know YOUR opinion. Take your time. I'll read it.
    What do you mean why do I 100% think evolution is true? Because the mountains of scientific evidence supporting the fact that it must be true. The opposite is a regurgitated bunch of religions written by men with 0 evidence to support anything they claim. I choose to go with the evidence sorry?
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2015-02-24 at 07:33 AM.