Why hasn't Blizzard updated the Armory Mobile app with Garrison & other WOD features?

The armory app for your mobile phones is a great tool, or at least it used to be. The app, for the uninformed, allows you to do things such as manage your auctions & mailbox, maintain an online presence away from the game by talking with guildies, aspects of character management using the armory database, and several more features. I, like many others, were very happy to see such an app! With the release of the W.O.D. expansion, this app has received no love from Blizzard. The last app update seems to have been on 7/28/2014. Why? One can only speculate. However imagine being able to run your garrison missions from the comfort of your work desk, or collect your work orders while catching a bite to eat at that family dinner you don't want to be at. I don't know about you guys, but if I was able to direct my subscription money in any direction, it would be sent over at the app dev department (if there was such a thing), and not twitter integration!

Discuss!

Get the word out. Blizzard update the Armory app!

I agree. Garrison missions, work orders, and daily stuff (like profession CDs) should be viable via the app. Heck, I never go to the AH anymore. I sell and buy via the app.

Would be nice. Then, they could focus in-game content on other stuff that requires more computing power.

Players would have even fewer reasons to sign into the game if Blizzard implemented Garrison management features via their app.

I agree that it would be incredibly useful and it already feels like it was built for a mobile app. However, they won't do it because garrisons are a feature exclusive to WoD and they won't waste the resources on something that's only going to last for one expansion (but twitter & selfies make total sense -_-).

Quote Originally Posted by Strithor View Post
    Players would have even fewer reasons to sign into the game if Blizzard implemented Garrison management features via their app.
    So? Garrison management is not a social part of the game anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    So? Garrison management is not a social part of the game anyway.
    Of course, but it still boosts login numbers which could be used to represent "activity" in the future by Blizzard, even though we all know it's not actual activity. If they put Garrisons on the mobile app then a lot of people, including myself, will barely log on outside of raid time. And lets not forget all of the people who don't raid, and they are definitely not a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Twintania View Post
    Of course, but it still boosts login numbers which could be used to represent "activity" in the future by Blizzard, even though we all know it's not actual activity. If they put Garrisons on the mobile app then a lot of people, including myself, will barely log on outside of raid time. And lets not forget all of the people who don't raid, and they are definitely not a minority.
    They probably include app login numbers for "activity". And yes, it is considered activity. Just like the person who logs on to play the AH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strithor View Post
    They'd still need to pay a sub and that's all Blizzard cares about.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it likely that the team that worked on the mobile app went to assist with porting hearthstone to the iOS & android?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    is it likely that the team that worked on the mobile app went to assist with porting hearthstone to the iOS & android?
    That could be the case.

Even with the knowledge that blizz doesn't plan to have Garrisons in a future expansion, the app is in major need of updating to keep up with the current state of the game.

Because then people wouldn't have to log in to do it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    It would probably cost us a raid tier