Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Relevant Article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...t-google-swap/

Google has grown to what Microsoft was in the 90s, while Microsoft is going down the track of what made google rich. Hopefully google pulls its head out and has a 10 year planning meeting soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Because having a specific version of browser for videos is okay?
    Download suggestion without watching it streamed is hilarious.
    1: Yes, it is okay. Especially when developers do stupid things.
    If your Graphics Driver is having issues with the newest version, do you keep using it? No ,chances are, you roll it back and wait for it to be fixed. You're applying the same idea in these situations.

2: Why? How? Explain, because for people who have terrible internet, or bandwidth, will often always favor the Download of a File over Streaming it.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    8 bucks a month to see no adds? why it's free with addblock
    Because some people actually have dignity and morals and dont steal (for the lack of a better word) content. People dont make videos for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankendog View Post
    Relevant Article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...t-google-swap/

Google has grown to what Microsoft was in the 90s, while Microsoft is going down the track of what made google rich. Hopefully google pulls its head out and has a 10 year planning meeting soon.
    Except Google is already beginning to collapse in on itself by expanding in too many markets at once, and not doing a very good job at product products, services, support, or development. They have a lot of ideas, and production, but they are overwhelming themselves so much, it's going to backlash harder than Microsoft has been getting hit.

Not to say a company shouldn't expand, but they've exploded with expansion and growth, without much backing it up or holding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Ads are always fucking annoying. They're goddamn everywhere.

Jesus, I wouldn't be surprised if companies wanted to start implanted ad viewing chips in our heads.
    Lllanguage.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Because some people actually have dignity and morals and dont steal (for the lack of a better word) content. People dont make videos for free.
    Youtubers can use patreon, they can sell shirts and so on. No one is "stealing" come the fuck on...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Ads are always fucking annoying. They're goddamn everywhere.

Jesus, I wouldn't be surprised if companies wanted to start implanted ad viewing chips in our heads.
    Close enough

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-23167112

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Youtubers can use patreon, they can sell shirts and so on. No one is "stealing" come the fuck on...
    In a way, they are. Every advertisement you block and dont see is money that the person who pays for the add based on views doesnt give to the video creator, so you are directly stealing a few cents every time you block an advertisement

Deleted
    It makes sense? Spotify has been trying this for ages and they're far from a healthy company atm.

Deleted
    As long as they do not prevent videos from loading when someone uses AdBlock, hardly anyone is going to pay that.
    If they manage to successfully break it, though, I might consider it.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-02-24 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    With it off, I've had Ads that are as long as 5 Minutes, and as short as 10 seconds.

I don't use AdBlock purely for the Video adds, that's more so a bonus in most cases with the exception to the extremely long ads.

I use it more for the ad's that infect the site with hotlinks and pointless crap that doesn't need ads in the first place considering Google's profit margin. Ad's I seriously doubt make up any decent percentage of their revenue.

The Ads that use to be on Hulu before it was a Paid service, had it 3 times over the course of a show, that where 10 seconds. Although annoying, they where well placed in the shows during the "breaks" of the episode between scenes.
    Unless they changed it you STILL get those ads on Hulu even though you pay em $8 a month. That's why I stopped subbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    As long as they do not prevent videos from loading when someone uses AdBlock, hardly anyone is going to pay that.
    If they manage to successfully break it, though, I might consider it.
    AdBlock is only a single script that will block it though, there are many different types of scripts, and even programs that can still remove ads.

All this hooplah for ads? GG people..

OT: Don't care. I watch ads if they're reasonably short and/or relevant/interesting to me, if they aren't, I skip the video. Very seldom that is not an option. Depending on whether they should come up with some other content or some reason why I should pay beyond just lining the pockets of Google, I may or may not get the pay service instead of ads, prolly not tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh google, how naive. adblock is one of the most popular aps on your store, and its free. who in their right mind would pay 8$ a month for no adds!!??
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

One of the UK channels (4oD I think) introduced the "It appears you have addblock on pls turn off or no vids for you".

Pity 99% of TV is so shit its not even worth turning off adblock to watch it. So I don't bother using 4oD anymore. I don't care if WeBuyAnyCarDotCom is sponsoring comedy on 4 or whether Fosters supports banter. Tell me once at the start of the show fine w/e. Tell me 5 times throughout the course of a 28 minute broadcast? Go fuck yourself Fosters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    their loss haha

Deleted
    AdBlock is only a single script that will block it though, there are many different types of scripts, and even programs that can still remove ads.
    I will not go to great lengths just to avoid paying for it. If AdBlock or a similar addon works, fine, I will continue to use it - if not, I am probably going to pay the fee. That said, wachting ads is not an option for me in any case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or.
    You can keep using free software and Addons for your browsers that do the exact same thing, for free.
    This ^, been using adblock for ages.

People argue that its not fair to block ads for those who need ads to be seen to get paid. Well sorry, but between caring about the plight of advertising companies and those who work for them, or me not being able to enjoy the content due to fucking bullshit ads popping up every minute it filling my screen with that shit, I know what I'm taking as my option.

Youtube itself is admitting they know it annoys people, and want to pocket off of it, so the hell with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    oh google, how naive. adblock is one of the most popular aps on your store, and its free. who in their right mind would pay 8$ a month for no adds!!??
    You know it won't be long before google targets the makers of adblock with either 'offering' to buy them (meaning making it into a pay for server) or will create a law suit to get it removed from the internet.
    Hopefully if that happens someone else will take up the mantle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make videos for free. And i would love to see that videos add-free.
    But thats never gona happen.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I make videos for free. And i would love to see that videos add-free.
    But thats never gona happen.
    Host these videos on your own server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because some people actually have dignity and morals and dont steal (for the lack of a better word) content.
    Some people do, alot of people don't. And now it's a part of every day culture to steal. This is more true in nations such as Australia and New Zealand because there is a huge barrier to buy things legally.
    Hi