Thread: 6.1 DPS Outlook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by roarfacelol View Post
    Well this is a DK forum so Im talking about just DKs. I'm just over exaggerating about the nice buff.
    That's cool, just please don't say something is overpowered unless you expect a nerf. Because that's how most people read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    I must be the only 2h frost left, kinda disappointed with no buffs.
    You're not, I'm still plugging away at 2H.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    You're not, I'm still plugging away at 2H.
    yeah, i'm still rocking 2H till i get my tier this week

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    I must be the only 2h frost left, kinda disappointed with no buffs.
    Calm down brother, im still around. i havent been asked to change to unholy yet.

"Do you know what really grinds my gears?" - Peter Griffin

Unholy AoE spamming BB doing alot more damage than Frost AoE spamming HB, and not to mention we have would majorly gimp ourselves, if we went for UB to take full advantage of NP, instead of PL. We really need PL and BT.

I thought Talents were changed back then so we wouldn't have MANDATORY talents, but 2H Frost aparently forgot that memo. PL and BT are mandatory

BT is never mandatory, dps difference is almost non existent between RC and BT and even RE is not notably worse. PL is basically mandatory for everything except necroticblight unholy, so forst is defintiely not alone there.

And yes I've played frost 2h this expansion and also during HM mythic until the unholy changes during HM. Never once touched BT because I dislike it for frost 2h as long as it has that much down time, rather use RC for more fluid game play, especially since its no dps loss to use it.

As already said, frost is simply undertuned right now, especially HB is brutall undertuned. They thought of some balance to keep OB relevant for dw and make players want to use KM on their respective hard hitter, while that didn't work out they still have no a certain balance between abilties, if you would buff one that balance might crumble a bit, especially with Frost switching back to full master frost.
    They've either no idea about frost at all or are simply incredibly ignorant about it, but thats nothing new at all. Its simply happening very early this expansion. Still think it isn't as bad as ToT was, frost was super weak that tier including a bug which was a significant dps gain.

I wouldn't say it's mandatory, but BT offers a distinct advantage for Unholy AE in 6.1.

Blood too, as the same fix allows blood to do the same thing, although obviously spending UF runes on Blood Boil rather than Death Strike is a huge survivability hit.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-02-25 at 01:40 PM.

Trivial as it may seem, I quit PVE when it became very clear in WoD beta that Blizzard was not inclined to fix the "scaling" problem with frost. I just got to the point where I was tired of always falling behind on damage EVERY SINGLE RAID TIER. That fact alone killed raiding for me. I liked to see my character get stronger, but if you play a DK, while you do get more powerful in an absolute sense, you get weaker in comparison to the rest of your raid team. Once the boss is killed for the first time the only fun or challenge left is ranking, but how fun is it to rank with a spec that has a tiny number of parses and where even a 95th percentile ranking can leave you in last place in your raid?
    Last edited by Fenrkyr; 2015-02-25 at 04:08 PM.