Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How to online dating, complete noob here.

So i spend alot of time checking various dating sites out and such...
    Some sites has a like function where ppl can like you and you can reply in kind if you find it interesting.

So here is the deal i am a 100% noob with Zero dating / girl experience and a nice kind looking girl seem to like me and i find her interesting aswell, what do i do now?
    i have no clue, the only option seem to be use the chatt...
    And what should i do then? just type ''hey, wana chatt?'' or any advice?

I am the kind of guy that my buddies gf's think of as weird first of then they think im a good dude.

Maybe this is a bad place to get advice i don't know, but it is the one forum i hang around most.
    Plz help this soon to be 30 guy get on with progress in life, i really feel like i am far far behind everyone my age and it makes me feel like a failure since life ain't all about work and thats the only thing i know of.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    So i spend alot of time checking various dating sites out and such...
    Some sites has a like function where ppl can like you and you can reply in kind if you find it interesting.

So here is the deal i am a 100% noob with Zero dating / girl experience and a nice kind looking girl seem to like me and i find her interesting aswell, what do i do now?
    i have no clue, the only option seem to be use the chatt...
    And what should i do then? just type ''hey, wana chatt?'' or any advice?

I am the kind of guy that my buddies gf's think of as weird first of then they think im a good dude.

Maybe this is a bad place to get advice i don't know, but it is the one forum i hang around most.
    Plz help this soon to be 30 guy get on with progress in life, i really feel like i am far far behind everyone my age and it makes me feel like a failure since life ain't all about work and thats the only thing i know of.
    If you're contemplating chatting, then does that mean you haven't actually had contact with her? If not how do you know she 'seems to like you'?

Look in the mirror and imagine yourself with boobs, that's the kind of girl to look for. Maybe a little shorter, a little more fine features but you get the drift.

Ask a lot of girls out. Meet them at a coffee shop for coffee, if it does go well you only waste 20 minutes, if she doesn't show you don't look like an idiot sitting there. If it goes well make a second date with her, go somewhere more ambitious.

I believe in meeting more people to find one for you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Send her a message. Ask her about something in her profile ideally, or make a joke based on something in her profile. If she messages you back, great. If not, don't worry about it. Most girls won't, so just move on to the next. If she does reply, talk with her for a couple messages, then ask if she'd like to get some coffee with you.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If you're contemplating chatting, then does that mean you haven't actually had contact with her? If not how do you know she 'seems to like you'?
    the site in question has a rating system and if you find another person really interesting and would like the get to know more of one you have a button for that.
    you also have many other functions like sending emotion stuff like flirts, pokes etc, i have gotten everything except personal messages so far.

Deleted
    Er.

Well.

Send her a picture of a duck and ask her if she likes it?

Failing that like her back and read her profile and then initiate messaging based on that, no idea what site you're on but if it's OkC she's probably got quite a few things written down.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Er.

Well.

Send her a picture of a duck and ask her if she likes it?

Failing that like her back and read her profile and then initiate messaging based on that, no idea what site you're on but if it's OkC she's probably got quite a few things written down.
    duck pictures are the bane of the internet, everyone prefers cats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    read something off her profile or ask her about it or something in one of her photos then just let the conversation progress freely. if nothing comes up to talk about, there is nothing to talk about. never push yourself to talk about anything, if a woman is actually interested in you she will ask you things about yourself and conversation will be second nature and it will be back and forth like a game of hot potato then before you know it you will have each others numbers and trying to set something up

if there is a match thing that notifies you when you match, talk to her as soon as you notice you are matched. if you take too long she will just assume you are there to swipe right and not actually meet people

so just get out there and do it, don't worry what to talk about

also don't just say hi. there are tons of men on the internet trying to get their dicks sucked, women's inboxes are full of hi, hello, hey, whats up sexy etc. be bold, be different from everyone else. this is what gets dates. the first message you send to a girl is the first impression you are going to make on her and first impressions are extremely important in such a fleeting form of social activity

can't stress this enough
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2015-02-24 at 05:19 PM.

Deleted
    Open with : I'm not an axe murderer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Look in the mirror and imagine yourself with boobs, that's the kind of girl to look for. Maybe a little shorter, a little more fine features but you get the drift.

Ask a lot of girls out. Meet them at a coffee shop for coffee, if it does go well you only waste 20 minutes, if she doesn't show you don't look like an idiot sitting there. If it goes well make a second date with her, go somewhere more ambitious.

I believe in meeting more people to find one for you.
    Well around my area there is no singles almost, so ppl meet others from far away and move to the other one or the other one moves back here.

In my case, i have to make a 450km around trip to meet for a coffe with this girl.

the site in question has a rating system and if you find another person really interesting and would like the get to know more of one you have a button for that.
    you also have many other functions like sending emotion stuff like flirts, pokes etc, i have gotten everything except personal messages so far.
    Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything. Just message her. And "Don't be that guy.". Just because she sent you a "poke" doesn't mean she wants you to send her photographs of your genitals. By that I mean don't message her with the presumption that she is madly in love with you just because she "showed interest".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Open with : I'm not an axe murderer.
    "I know I may come off as an axe murderer, but just so you know, I have really good impulse control."

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    "I know I may come off as an axe murderer, but just so you know, I have really good impulse control."
    One time I met this chick off a dating site, I picked her up from some friend's place and the first thing she said was "Please don't rape and murder me."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    One time I met this chick off a dating site, I picked her up from some friend's place and the first thing she said was "Please don't rape and murder me."
    Did you say " Don't worry I'll only rape you and take you to Mc'Donalds for breakfast. "?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    Just message her and introduce yourself. Be polite, don't be creepy, make a joke, and if she isn't interested, don't push it.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well around my area there is no singles almost, so ppl meet others from far away and move to the other one or the other one moves back here.

In my case, i have to make a 450km around trip to meet for a coffe with this girl.
    450km round trip.... dannnnnng

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sort of sad to me that girls have the fear of this happening built into the culture now, so much so that it's super rare that a girl is willing to let me pick her up for a first date. She always wants to meet me at the place. That's fine, I suppose, and often we end up going somewhere else later in the date in one car, but where I grew up in California, it was the norm for the guy to pick the girl up on the first date, which is something I kind of miss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's sort of sad to me that girls have the fear of this happening built into the culture now, so much so that it's super rare that a girl is willing to let me pick her up for a first date. She always wants to meet me at the place. That's fine, I suppose, and often we end up going somewhere else later in the date in one car, but where I grew up in California, it was the norm for the guy to pick the girl up on the first date, which is something I kind of miss.
    Well, it's just safe when meeting people from the internet. You shouldn't put your address out there to someone you've never met. Regardless of who you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Well, it's just safe when meeting people from the internet. You shouldn't put your address out there to someone you've never met. Regardless of who you are.
    I understand that, but it still makes me sad. Feels like something lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Yeah but picking a lady up at a street corner instead of a postal address implies the guy has to pay for the whole date if you know what I mean.