Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Also make sure to take all the pictures of you holding axes out of your profile pics.

10+ Year Old Account
    well that's just the story of the world

we can't have nice things because of stupid people and assholes

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    Well around my area there is no singles almost, so ppl meet others from far away and move to the other one or the other one moves back here.

In my case, i have to make a 450km around trip to meet for a coffe with this girl.
    That is a long ways. Don't think there's anyway around that.

Remember to ask her questions about herself. A lot of guys sit there and talk about themselves the whole time. Find out about her family, school, work, etc.

Back when the US was young, like 1880's you could order a bride from Europe who would just show up to your sod hut in North Dakota some pretty extreme culture shock. lol.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Online "dating," like finding random people that you have never met and getting to know them in hopes of starting a relationship?
    My recommendation is DON'T.
    Its one thing to have a relationship with a woman you know well and primary communication is over the internet, but if you hope to find a random girl that is worth the effort and insanity you will go through to keep a long distance relationship without any physical contact then you are asking for trouble.

I'd rather not have a girl friend than try this, for sure.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

So i spend alot of time checking various dating sites out and such...
    Some sites has a like function where ppl can like you and you can reply in kind if you find it interesting.

So here is the deal i am a 100% noob with Zero dating / girl experience and a nice kind looking girl seem to like me and i find her interesting aswell, what do i do now?
    i have no clue, the only option seem to be use the chatt...
    And what should i do then? just type ''hey, wana chatt?'' or any advice?

I am the kind of guy that my buddies gf's think of as weird first of then they think im a good dude.

Maybe this is a bad place to get advice i don't know, but it is the one forum i hang around most.
    Plz help this soon to be 30 guy get on with progress in life, i really feel like i am far far behind everyone my age and it makes me feel like a failure since life ain't all about work and thats the only thing i know of.
    I'd say just talk to as many girls as you can through those sites. Just never stop talking to a plethora of girls. Some will stop talking to you, some will find you interesting and mesh with you, and some that mesh with you you will eventually also find interesting. Try to progress those friendships to a level where you two are comfortable talking on a personal level. From that stage you'll progress to close friends, and if compatible, lovers.

Make sure you have a picture of yourself available, don't hide it early on, because while 'true beauty lies within', people have tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's really why most online things are for hookups

if a girl is like an hr away from you there is probably a 95% chance that the only reason she is talking to you is because she wants the D. people who want relationships are usually local, but still a lot of them just looking to fuck

Deleted
    how about 'Hi'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    how about 'Hi'
    women get tons of mail every day

saying "hi" is the best way to become a very bland, uninteresting person. ur profile pic better be of ur washboard abs w/ half your pants falling off your waist or u sitting at a table full of dollar bills smoking weed plotting ur next heist if all you gonna say is "hi"

Deleted
    what about 'Hello'

10+ Year Old Account
    same thing lol

Deleted
    yarrr matey would ya fancy to rub this old pirate's cannonballs?

am I doing this right?

If your dead serious about it, pm me. Online dating works if you do it right.

I have a pretty comprehensive guide that was passed onto me by buddies who also had great success online dating.We call it the bible. (Its a little older and doesn't cover Tinder)
    Than again if your trying to meet a long term GF on tinder I hear you may be in the minority.

But it worked for me...although it took a year of dating to find the "one" but it definitely works.

Safest bet for an first message is typically something like:

"Hi. I'm X. I noticed on your profile that you like A, B, and C. I'm also a fan of A, B, and C. What is your favorite A?"

Give the person receiving the message the knowledge that you actually took the time to read their profile. 99% of messages are some form of "Hey", "Hi", "how r u", so make your message stand out. Give them a reason to take a look at your profile. In my experience, asking questions seems to be more likely to get a response (and not "Wanna hook up?!").

If they respond, awesome! Continue the dialogue. Don't be too quick to jump to phone numbers, hanging out, etc. If you take the time to get to know them a bit you're more likely to find someone actually worth the time of day.

If they don't respond, well, oh well; move on!

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm what about ''Hello! do you want to talk for a bit? if not sorry to bother'' thats the first thing that poped into my mind but in Swedish ofc!
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Just talk. Be yourself. I could go on a long explanation but I did that for a friend already and I don't feel like typing. Just remember this rule of thumb. if you are putting serious thought into how you should speak to her, act around her, or how to proceed, then you are over thinking it and you will probably ruin things.

Seriously. She either likes YOU or she doesn't. So anything that isn't naturally you is a no no. be yourself. Think of it as how you deal with friends. You don't question how to proceed after you meet your friends buddy and the three of you are about to hang out...do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know about other people, but my experience with 99% of online dating is women expect too much. Or maybe I'm just really ugly :<

- - - Updated - - -

hmm what about ''Hello! do you want to talk for a bit? if not sorry to bother'' thats the first thing that poped into my mind but in Swedish ofc!
    Show a little confidence, it's not like they can crucify you for asking. I've found that instead of saying "do you want to talk?" just open like you would in real life, ask them something about themselves or their profile, show them you've read their profile, make a silly joke etc etc. Things like "hey, do you want to chat?" just don't work on the majority of women.

I'm not saying you have to come up with some smooth line or something like that, just be yourself and don't expect too much, that way you're not obsessing or trying too hard on a message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    that's really why most online things are for hookups

if a girl is like an hr away from you there is probably a 95% chance that the only reason she is talking to you is because she wants the D. people who want relationships are usually local, but still a lot of them just looking to fuck
    Yeah this is just completely not true. There are some people online just for hookups, but 99% of the girls I meet online are looking for relationships.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to like..use correct spelling and such :P not like "wana mett ups?" Maybe its just me, but if I saw that, I wouldn't even consider it.

I don't mean you have to english professor that shit, but at least try! :P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never a good idea to apologize for yourself when you haven't done anything wrong. This is doubly true in early dating, where lack of confidence can really drive another person away.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Never a good idea to apologize for yourself when you haven't done anything wrong. This is doubly true in early dating, where lack of confidence can really drive another person away.
    Stone cold advice here.