Thread: Infernal Lore

Infernal Lore

How do Warlocks control Infernals?

Are they just manipulating the Fel/Demonic energy that animates them?

I would advise you ask that question in: http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/347-Lore

Infernals are simple-minded demons; easy enough to dominate via the usual means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Infernals are simple-minded demons; easy enough to dominate via the usual means.
    And yet, unless my mind is incredibly foggy, didn't the Infernal originally start out as one of the un-controlled demons that needed enslaving after summoning?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    And yet, unless my mind is incredibly foggy, didn't the Infernal originally start out as one of the un-controlled demons that needed enslaving after summoning?
    My guess is that they're basically constructs controlled by some sort of basic intelligence (yep, robots). However, simple doesn't mean weak. Also, most of the other demons are linked to us via pacts and bargains iirc, wich is not the case of the infernal and doomgard, hence why we had to actively control them.

As for the OP, since I think they're some sort of magic AI, it's basically hacking the infernal to change how allies and foes are identified

Yes, locks are the nerds of Warcraft
    Last edited by Dragosh; 2015-02-25 at 11:25 AM.

TBC established that Infernals are corrupted fire elementals (or perhaps some raw fel elementals), infused into a stone body.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Not to my knowledge. Been playing since 2007 and it always arrived under your control (though it could sometimes break free).

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionOfPerfection View Post
    How do Warlocks control Infernals?

Are they just manipulating the Fel/Demonic energy that animates them?
    You used an infernal stone to make a deal with a dreadlords and then they sent you a infernal. Atleast I think that's what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Vanilla you summoned it and it had to be bound with Enslave Demon (youtube has some videos of Warlocks killing noobs in Goldshire with them).

As for Lore, they're created by Mo'arg and Gan'arg, but are summoned by Eredar, Dreadlords, Pitlords, Shivarra and Warlocks (or launched from a location by the same).

The ones in Shadowmoon Valley are created by implanting a fel fire elemental in to a stone shell, although there are probably other ways of making them in the Twisting Nether.

Apparently their energies dissipate over time but can be reignited with felfire from a helpful Demon/Warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

So, Warlocks are controlling the Felfire Elemental animating the rocks? Cool

I wonder if Warlocks can use Fel and Void corrupted Elementals to animate and/or control other stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that lore-wise Infernals are easier to command than other demons.

Lore-wise abilities aren't determined by "level" and learning how to enslave demons is one of the first things Warlocks learn.

We have to consider the fact that demonic fire tends to take on a life of its own and Warlocks wield demonic fire. Warlocks could simply manipulate the demonic fire they create into a specific form much like how Mages can manipulate Water into a specific form and make that demonic fire elemental animate stone shells by serving as its soul.

We also have to consider the fact that demons such as Succubi, Observers, Felguards, and Wrathguards and Void creatures like Voidwalkers and Voidlords are far more intelligent than Infernals and we can enslave them.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2015-02-25 at 08:21 PM.